Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 2nd, 2008, 07:13 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning Hello

Good Morning Mates,

The dog does not understand the concept of setting the clock back....dh had to get up anyway for another day at work. His schedule is wearing on me. Today we are supposed to go to his parents for his dads birthday - guess I will be trying to pick out a gift and go alone - this is the hardest person in the world to buy for. I would basically rather shoot my self in the foot as it would be more enjoyable than shopping for him...

Will get ready for Church soon. It is nice to have the sun out for a bit the last few days...the weatherman is promising low 60's by the mid-week.

Hope everyone has a great day - get rested up
Sponsored Links
Old November 2nd, 2008, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Hang in there Jen, we will adapt...eventually. Buying stuff for my Dad is kind of like your fil. It is a very difficult task. My fil is having a birthday in Dec. of course he will be out cruising South America with MIL so won't be here. I read a message board somewhere about Tilley Hats and how nice they were for wearing when you were out in hot sunny climates. It's pretty cool. They have foam in the top to make them float, should they fall in the water. The are well ventilated and block the UV rays. They also come with a lifetime guarantee and an insurance policy, that should lose it in the first two years they will replace it with a 50% deductible. Anyway I bought him one. If you are interested in them, you might do a google search and see if there is a retailer near you. They also make winter hats too.

Well the patio progress from yesterday was remarkable. it is about 33% done, and it looks good. When we gave up for the day, we were all sore and tired from day of laying or toting bricks. I look at this job in retrospect and now wonder, what the heck was I thinking when I thought I could do this job myself? I am wiped out just toting bricks back and forth. Let alone stooped over placing the bricks for days. I am still just overwhelmed by the kindness of my neighbors. My back is really stiff today, but there's only one cure for that... I need to get out there and start using those muscles again and tomorrow I will feel all better again.

We were blessed with the most beautiful weather yesterday and I think today should be about the same. Bright sunny in the 70's. The only negative was that farmer behind us was harvesting soybeans and that was pretty noisy and dusty for a while, but luckily he started and finished early. But at the end of the day, I can say without a doubt I was covered from head to toe with a grimy layer of dirt, But it was nothing a nice bath couldn't cure.

It was a productive day on the lane, we all went in together to have a fellow with a bobcat come out and do all sorts of odd jobs and stuff like grading the road, making me a driveway to park my fifth wheel, backfilling around the neighbor's polebarn. Moving a dirt pile from where my other neighbor put their pool in. Honestly therewas ton of activity here, and I am actually thnkful for the time change, because it gives me an extra hour, so I got up early and started laundry, right now I am washng d/h's dress clothes, for work next week, since he is leaving about 5 tonight for the week. There's still lots of work to do today.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 2nd, 2008, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Good Luck with the shopping Jen. Have you thought of making a donation in his name as a gift? I like doing this and the person getting it always are hapy, especially as I choose charity's that they have a passion for. The olddr we get, the more we have, it's nice to see some one else get in ones honour.

Bright sunshine here as well, and when I went out with the dogs, I didnt freeze either!

I was very tired when I got back from the country yesterday and I had alot of chest pain as well, so I took an increased dose of my meds and lay down for several hours, before getting up at 10 PM and dealing with an emergency in the town houses where I live. ( flood) I ended up awake till after 2 AM.

Have a great day every one.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 08:41 AM
Admiral

And a gloriously BEEEEAUUTIFUL Sunday morning it is too in upper East Tennessee! I honestly get a tad extra lift when Sundays are gorgeous days...just seems to make things a bit more right with the world.

Hang in there Jenn cause "this too shall pass."

You certainy must live in one of the best neighborhoods in the world BeenieWeenie and you know something, I'd wager "the farm" you're one of the main reasons.

Sounds as if you'd best maybe slow down a tad, Delft. You can't help people if you're six feet under.

Speaking of "six feet under," your intrepid brain dead reporter pulled a good one this morning. Following turning back the clocks I forgot last night, I went to take my morning meds (nine assorted pills). I took them and didn't give it a second thought.....until Fran told me I'd taken hers.

I sat down and contemplated the possibilities. I figured her thyroid pill would help counteract the over double dosage of correg I usually take. Anyway my heartrate is always a little high (around 120) so things should even out. If there are any unforseen difficulties, Fran will be accepting bids on my extensive library on World History 1939-1945. This alone would free up enough room to rent out half the house.

Blessings on all you'uns and special prayers for Judy and all who need them.

Todd
Old November 2nd, 2008, 08:42 AM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West

Good morning Jen, Beenie, Delft, Todd, and all to follow . Another beautiful day here in Central Mississippi .Not much planned for me today.
GrandBaby is coming over today .

Jen - Do what I would do . Get him a gift card . My Dad is a Home Depot shopper.

Beenie - WOW You did have a busy day .

Delft - Hope you get your flood cleaned up. Take care of yourself.

Have a great day everyone ;
David
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old November 2nd, 2008, 09:00 AM
Captain

Good Morning All

It is another gorgeous day here in SE Alabama, only thing on the schedule for today is church and then come home and clean. I am really looking forward to the cleaning....NOT!

Y'all have a great Alanama Day

Irish 8)

Todd - Hope all works out as you planned with your meds.

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light.
May good luck pursue you each morning and night.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old November 2nd, 2008, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. This clock changing thing has me all messed up. I didn't sleep much last night. I kept waking myself up coughing. I'm keeping the grandkids this afternoon. Not sure what we will do.

Everyone have a great Sunday.

Need some cruise help?
Old November 2nd, 2008, 10:44 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's a very nice day today. Kramer and I had a good walk. We were accompanied by our eagles who flew by a number of times. I wonder if they were waiting for Kramer to flush up a pheasant for them. They were out of luck as today was scent free to Kramer and he spent most of the walk at my side.

I hope most folks enjoyed the extra hour of sleep and have a wonderful Sunday and great week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 2nd, 2008, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where I took advantage of that extra hour of sleep....and then some! Don't know why I'm so tired, I certainly haven't been working hard like Beenie Weenie!

Jen, I was going to suggest the same thing as Delft; make a donation in his name to a favourite cause - there are enough of them out there!

Mike, you gave me a good idea. Since it is also a beautiful weather day here, (well sunny at least!) I'm going to take Emma for a nice long walk at the local nature park. Try to see the last of the fall foliage before it is gone!

Wishing you all a restful Sunday...

donna
Old November 2nd, 2008, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning Hello

Good morning from Southern California where the sun slept in late like I did. It rained on and off yesterday, and apparently all night. I hope it will do the same thing today. I just finished changing all the clocks. I still don't know how to do the car!

Jen, we're looking at gift certificates this year, too, in case I can't shop.

I smell the coffee. Not much going on, except the usual Sundat stuff.

Have a good day, everybody.

Judy
Old November 2nd, 2008, 01:41 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from sunny breezy Florida.

We arrived yesterday afternoon after a nice long ride down here from WI. We only ran into one traffic jam just south of Atlanta. That added about 1 1/2 hours to our ride, but otherwise it was a good trip.

I didn't have to set many of our clocks back as we just kept our old WI time. That was kind of neat.

Jenn, hope your day has turned out better than you planned and that whatever you picked out for a gift went over well.

Delft, it sure sounds like you got to take a stress test last night. Glad you made it through all right, but I hope things quiet down for you today.

Todd, hope you are alive and kicking this afternoon. What a shock to realize that you have taken the wrong medicine.

Take care everyone.
Phyll
Old November 2nd, 2008, 03:32 PM
Admiral

"The dog does not understand the concept of setting the clock back..."

Tell me about it! Now I know why our daughter gave us her two Yorkies, Penny and Sophie to babysit for the weekend. They are used to getting up to be fed at 5:30 AM -- but this morning by their clock that was 4:30AM! Oh well, they go back to bed after breakfast.

Polynesia, Carib. '86
Cr. Odyssey, Scandinavia, '91, 30 Day S Pac. 2002
Crystal Harm, Aust., N.Z., '94
Royal Odyssey, AK,'96
Old Cr. Pr. Canal, '97
RCCL, Carib, 1998
Volendam, Car, 2000
Ryndam, 35 day S. Am., Antarctica, '03
Is. Pr., Canal, 2004
Statendam, 34 day China, Japan, AK '06
Cr.Pr., Carib. 08
Eurodam, Atlantic, Med. '10