Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 4th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Default It's Tuesday

Good Morning All

Yes it is Tuesday, if you are like me you are in a gray area. It is sort of the start of a new week however it is not hump day yet....So we wait.

On a bright note it is finally election day and finally no more political commercial At least until next week

Well you all have a great Alabama Day

Irish 8)

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.
Celebration - 2005
Inspiration - 2006
Holiday - 2007
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Sponsored Links
Old November 4th, 2008, 08:14 AM

It is shaping up to be yet another glorious day here in East Tenneessee and a "Top of the mornin'!" to you too, Irish my friend and all who follow.

I notice AR is truly excited about today's election and there are millions who join him. Regardless of where you stand it is both our right and as Manuel mentioned on the voting thread, indeed our duty to "exercise our franchise." I already did about two weeks ago.

Whomever the winner, we should all put truly band together and stand behind the man the country chooses to lead us the next four years. The sniping will start soon enough but even if the winner is not the man for whom you voted, you should certainly support the man the majority of Americans have chosen to lead us. While that may be "pie in the sky" for many, I shall certainly do no less.

Blessings upon each of you and special prayers out to of course Judy and all others who are facing desease, pain or any other affliction.

Hope that you Trip are feeling better this day and that Delft and VTJen have a less stressful day today.

God Bless you all and as we should not only pray daily but especially on this Election Day, God Bless the USA!

Old November 4th, 2008, 09:00 AM

Good Morning Mates,

Dull here, but it is supposed to warm up a bit, so that is good news.
I got my bird feeders filled in the early am - but now I am out of all seed and suet, so I must get to the feed store sometime this week. I still have some peanuts for the squirrels and the jays, so they will be ok for a bit.

Yesteday was a tiring day. In the mornng I cleaned out almost all of my drawers and went thru all my shoes. I didn't get rid of much, but now I know what I have, and am comtemplating the best things to edit out, have a better idea of what basic staples are looking too worn and need replaced and what one or two items I am lacking to finish a couple of "ensembles". Then I went to my friends where we chatted, prayed, cried, drank tea and left I left on a good note. Now if I can just get thru Thursday, where I go visit the one we have been praying and crying for all will be well.

I will be off to work soon - want to finish a couple of more chores here first. I think I will stop and get coffee somewhere before I get to the office. I made some here today- the same coffee as yesteday, the same creamor, the same water - yesterday it tasted fine - today it tastes like soap in my mouth. I sucked down a bit, but it was making me sick, so I just dumped the mug and the rest of the pot. What a waste and not a great way to start the day.

So, work, then may meet another girl for one-on-one Bible study. Need to vote, then have therapy pool session this afternoon. I had wanted to get to the gym and work on the treadmill but not sure there will be time for that. Plus this cold is still lingering and not sure I would have much air capacity for a good treadmill workout.

Judy - sorry about all your pain. I am no stranger to nerve damage - I still have plenty in my lower face from the jaw correction surgery. I long for the day they repair themselves, the blood doesn't circulate well in that area anymore and now my lower lip turns blue - and it isn't pretty. I try to remember to wear lipstick when I go out cuz I have people actually get into panics when they notice it. Thankfully somedays are better than others, but it is embarassing, and a frustration. I will pray that your nerves heal.

Trip - so sorry that your back is not better. Don't over do!

RD - are the lice gone?

Have a good day all - stay safe!
NCL DreamCarnival Victory
Old November 4th, 2008, 09:19 AM

Good Morning All -

almost Spring like here this morning, but I know it won't last much longer!
we're to get rain tomorrow or Thurs and then much cooler temps - so I guess the true fall temps will be upon us very soon.

I guess I'm having sympathy pains for many CM's, for the last two days my back and neck have been hurting that it makes sleeping so difficult -
I normally don't complain but this is ridiculous and I can say I now know how you are feeling!

Well, prayers for everyone and have the best day you possibly can!
Old November 4th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning and I wish you all a great day!! I hope you all have votedtoday!! It is so important!! The American way!!
God bless America!!
Old November 4th, 2008, 09:26 AM

I am Doug Roberts and I approved this message:

-If elected I promise to provide a $5,000 tax credit for all who cruise!
-I will provide huge tax incentives to cruise companies
-I will have the legislators who caused the Delta Queen's demise publically keelhauled.
-I will repeal the outdated laws that cause odd port calls to comply with them.
-Besides I have a cuter running mate than John McCain:

Vote Early and Vote Often (at least that's the way it works in New Jersey! )

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old November 4th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright and warmer here today. A great day to vote, no weather related excuses, and then it's over...it's been a long run....

Jen, I had a giggle with your post, because, with all my years of shopping, I have never said, "I have to go to the feed store:") Your birds are lucky to have you....Thanks for your good thoughts, I am straighter this morning.xoxoxo

In the mail yesterday, I got a nice surprise. During that big night of cruising sale in early October, I must have entered something at Nancy's website. I won, a tote bag and a floating starfish keychain, which I am sure Aiden will want...I looked for a free cruise letter, but nooooooo

So that's my tale of woe, good thoughts to all.....

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 4th, 2008, 09:30 AM

Good morning Mates.

Well, If I hadn't already voted, I'd go write in "Doug".

Hope y'all have a GREAT day.

Marine, Pilot, Singer, Tuba Player, Carnival "Diamond"!
Old November 4th, 2008, 09:34 AM

Morning All, from Montreal, where the temps will hit 16C today ( 60F) which is quite pleasant for November!

To answer your question VTJen, no, the lice are not gone. We now have a parent volunteer committee in our gym every morning and no child gets into the daycare without a thorough "nit-picking". We did it Friday, and again Monday, and at least only found 1 child with lice on Monday!
One teacher will be wearing a "hoodie" for the next few months until her hair grows back, and another teacher who has long, thick hair, is wearing a fashionable Paschmina shawl wrapped around her head!

I guess I won't have much choice to watch anything on TV tonight - it will all be coverage of your election. May the best man win!

Old November 4th, 2008, 10:58 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........dark, cool & wet outside......oh well......it is November..........

Not much going on today........

Trip.......always fun to find you have 'won' something.......

Y'all have a good day.........

Old November 4th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from the great state of Texas where it has warmed back up, so the air conditioner is necessary again.

I tried to sleep as late as I could, because I know tonight will be a long one.

We had a wonderful surprise yesterday. Our TA called, and our holiday cruise has been greatly reduced. She gave us a chance to upgrade the kids from an inside to a balcony, or a nice OBC. After I pictured Joe and 50 of his new friends in a balcony cabin, having a party, I picked the OBC. With the two cruises, we have over 2,000 in OBC. They did warn us it was non refundable. I have a feeling, we won't have trouble spending it.

I hope that all of you have a good day.

Prayers to you all, and to our candidates.

Ecstasy 2005
Conquest 2005
Elation 2005
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 4th, 2008, 11:30 AM

Good morning all. I still have "something" that is making me feel a bit on the blah side. I sure wished it would go away. I hate being sick.

Everyone have a great day.
Carnival legend November 2009
Carnival Glory October 2007
Carnival Elation November 2006

Need some cruise help?
Old November 4th, 2008, 11:54 AM

Good morning:

I already posted once in the Political thread. I just came in from cleaning up the Hostas and trimming back the rose bush. This should do it for the winter preparation.

The rest of the afternoon will be doing hunting wash. Get any musty smells out of the hunting clothes and outerwear and not get any scent back in them.

I hope everyone has a great election day!!!

Take care,
Cruisemates Community Leader/Moderator

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 4th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Default It's Tuesday

Good morning from Southern California. Somehow, these rainy mornings turn into pretty nice days. Really, the moisture isn't much, but hey, it's something.

Doug, I still have the chance to vote for you! Cute pic of the dog, too!

Other than voting, there's not much on the slate. Keith will spend the morning at his photography class.

Have a nice day, and yes, vote early, vote often!

Old November 4th, 2008, 12:56 PM

Good morning, but soon to be the afternoon, in Virginia Beach where it is drizzling. I must admit that I planned my voting strategy right; I got to the poll at 10:00 a.m. and there was hardly a wait in line. Rob, on the other hand, voted prior to going to work, and had to wait, one hour and forty five minutes. Tripp, congratulations on winning the bag. I am a fervant contest enterer, and it is such a "rush" whenever I win something! May all my fellow cruisemates have a great day. For those that haven't made it to the polls, get out there and vote!
Old November 4th, 2008, 07:51 PM
First Mate

Good Afternoon Mates,

It has been a busy election day. My DH and I left the house at 6:30 to vote. We had to stand outside for about 15 minutes. The line passed quickly once inside. My DH was a bit frustrated with the new voting machines. He does not use the computer so the touch screen thing was a bit confusing to him. I could see that he was having some difficulty, but I didn't dare go to help him.
We had a plan day at school with no kids. The local blood mobile came to our school. I had planned to give blood, but was denied do to my iron level being low.
Make it a great evening. I guess there is not much question about what to watch on tv tonight.

Old November 4th, 2008, 10:20 PM

Good Morning one and all! Well good news here, the patio is just about finished. Four of us worked on it a little more yesterday afternoon and got all the bricks laid. I thought the next step would be to run into town and rent a brick saw to finish up the odd sizes that will fill in the outside perimeter, but as luck would have it, my neighbor called his buddy and he has a saw he'll loan us to finish the job. It has been a very wonderful experience that has drawn all of us down here on this end of the lane a little closer. It helps me understand the concept of "barn raising" and building your community by working hard together. Kind of cool stuff, the world could use a little more of.

I intend to work here a little more on the inside of the house today, so it will look as nice as the outside does. I am so far behind on housework, it looks like a bomb went off in the house. and the mountain of laundry has got to be attacked...sure wish someone would get on that lol!

It is the day to vote, so once I take the kids down to the sitter I'll go cast my vote and then drop by the neighbor's house to pick up their old computer and bring it home to fix it this weekend. I also think that I would love to take them all out to dinner to Lafayette or Indianapolis. Something special like Ruth's Chris, Sullivan's, Eddie Merlots or something along those lines... not sure yet, suggestions are welcome.

*** I actually wrote this this morning and evidently forgot to hit the send button. Oh well, it turned out the borrowed saw crapped out, so I ran to the rental place and got a wet saw and a vibrating compactor. I wish I could video my operation of that machine, you all would wet your pants laughing hysterically at me. But never the less the job is nearly done now. I could not be happier. I have only one more task and it will be completed.

I never did get around to cleaning or laundry, my new Uncle (OK he's not really my Uncle, he is my neighbor's Uncle, but I am going to adopt him) showed up at 10:30 to work... the man is unstopable and he didn't leave until after 7:00 tonight...he rocks!

Read and post cruise reviews