Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 8th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Saturday Morn Sunshine?

Hi Kids,
No sun here...drat! I am off to work, singing, hi ho, hi ho...We have a trunk show today, with beautiful silk separates, and I sure do hope it's busy.

Other than that, not much doing around here......Good thoughts going out.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Haven't posted the last couple of days. Been a tad under the weather but everything's hunky-dory now.

It's a gorgeous morning outside. I "mowed" my leaves the other day with the lawn tractor. This morning the yard looks as if it's never been done (it rained last night albeit not enough to impact the drought).

Beenieweenie, yes I got your post about the move. Evidently you didn't get my PM acknowledging and thanking you a good while back. Matter of fact, I've only sent about six or seven PM's since I've been posting and I've only received responses from two which leads me to believe the PM service may not always be functioning that well. I notice on many of them I press submit, the screen goes blank (as if processing) and then the message is back in front of me again. I didn't want to resend because I didn't know if it had gone and I didn't want to keep sending the same darn thing. I don't recall if those situations were with the messages I didn't get replies from or not. I finally concluded those messages to which one would ordinarily reply or acknowledge; maybe several folks receiving them just didn't want to.

Blessings on everyone and if the sun is not shining literally on some of you, I so hope it's shining figuratively. Prayer of course go out to Judy, Kuki and his family and all those who need a little extra TLC.

Have a great weekend!

Todd
Old November 8th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Oh good Todd, glad to hear you got the info. Sometime this winter I think I will take the kids over on a field trip to the museum and check it out. I will see if I can't take some pics.

Well not much to report hear. I have a few thingson my to do list. Hard to believe I did a mountain of laundry last night and there is still more to go. Oh well, what's a girl to do?

Hey wait a minute we did have a bit of excitement last night. Sleeping Beauty lost her second tooth last night. Its so cute how she lisps now lol. The tooth fairy saves the day again!

I got an email from the RV factory yesterday saying that after almost 2 months in service, I can finally pick up my fifth wheel. I am really trying not to get too excited. I had a huge hassle this past week with them trying to not do the work they promised they would do, and creating some very elaborate excuses why some of the work wasn't going to get done and would have to wait, etc... They are not exactly inspiring confidence. So I am really bracing myself for a disappointment when I go to pick it up. Not sure what I will do if there are more issues, or the issues I brought it in with have not been resolved. Oh well lets hope it is done and done right.

I need to get cracking and make breakfast. It looks like I will probably be making a mad dash to the bank and then heading to Illinois for a quick errand or two.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and that all is well with you and those you love.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 8th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Not much planned as of yet, except a soccer game to watch. The weather is beautiful here. We had some rain last night, which we needed.

I finished a scrapbook last night for my grandson from our family reunion-camping trip in August to Arkansas. Boy, those things can get expensive buying all the stuff for one. I don't know if he will appreciate it or not, but I did enjoy working on it.

Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old November 8th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Captain

Hi to everyone from East Central Indiana where I should be out blowing leaves but I'm going to bed instead after a long night at work (Beenie, I'll give you a quarter if you come over and take care of the leaves for me)

Speaking of jobs, I've been offered a cool new one in Indianapolis. I'll post more about it later.. Hope everyone has a great weekend and is staying warm.
Old November 8th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Morning all, from Montreal, where there's no sunshine to be seen.
In fact, it is dull, foggy and such a fine misty rain you get wet just stepping outside. Not the nicest looking weekend, but I don't mind because I have a lot of indoor cleaning to do, catching up on regular housework, and then some!

I too just finished a scrapbook Floridanamaw, and you're right, they can get expensive! I love the nice stuff you can get from the scrapbook store, but I find a lot of nice stuff also at Wal Mart and the Dollar Store!
My sister is in for a nice birthday surprise....SHHHHH!!!!

donna
Old November 8th, 2008, 10:07 AM
First Mate

Hi Cruisemates from cool and sunny Colorado,

I have a busy day planned. At 10 I will go to get my hair colored. Our granddaughter just moved to a new salon so this will be my first visit there. The salon is located in conjuction with an upscale clothing store for the young fashionistas. I may not fit in.

After that I plan to go to a craft store and make a stop at Walmart.
This evening we have a baby shower for nephews wife. I need to take a desert.

Best wishes for those of you with health concerns.

jojo
Old November 8th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Ready, good luck on the new job offer... I would love to have you a little closer to my side of the state.
As for your leaves... I don't rake, I chop. I figure it can go back into the earth from whence it came. I just run the mower over it a few times until it has been sufficiently pureed. With over an acre, that is the best I can do. My nieghbor has a leaf sucker thing. But what am I going to do with them after I suck them up? If I throw them over the field on the other side of the fence, they will eventually wind up in my yard again, I can't stand what burning leaves does to my allergies and so I say hey lets just push the easy button.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 8th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Admiral

I better speak up for the Louisiana contingency, I suspect Mel is getting ready to go to the LSU-Alabama game so look for her standing next to Saban being sacrifice by fire

9 days without television and I have whipped my addiction..It was announce that the Circuit City store closes to me is scheduled to close, so I will pick up my new Panasonic 42' inch next week at a sizeable discount
Old November 8th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday Morning Sunshine

Lots of Saturday morning sunshine here.

Keith has decided not to go to Riverside again today. We'll go to lunch and do a shopping day later.

Hope everybody has a good day. Trip, sell lots of silks!

Judy
Old November 8th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Admiral

Venice, you're gunna love your new Panasonic!

Can you get me one too while you're there..........!

Old November 8th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Admiral

Mean Dean..my grandson is coming over for the holidays so he told me he would show me how to work all the controls 8) 8)
Old November 8th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from still drizzly, Virginia Beach. I went with Rob to get some more pants for work at Value City, and we noticed that everything in the store was 20% off since they are closing. I was heartsick! Value City is one of my favorite department stores. When I was at Ohio State, it was called Schottensteins in Columbus. This store has always had some great discounts. Todd, sorry to hear that you were "under the weather'. This rapid change in weather and the downturn in this economy, has lowered all of our resistence. We all must hope for better times in the future. May all my fellow cruisemates have a wonderful day.
Old November 8th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Admiral

Venice,

Just how wide IS a 42 Foot inch screen?

Todd
Old November 8th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Admiral

about the size on the big screen on the Carnival Liberty

good one..my bad...