Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 9th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday thoughts....

Well I just got done reading Kuki's post. I pray he makes it home in time to see his Dad one last time. I couldn't help it, when I read his blog, I just started bawling, his situation really touches my heart deeply.

Last night, I had more bizarre dreams, dreamed I live in a house with my kids that I actually lived in from the time I was one until I was three years old myself. I left the kids to play at the park and went home for a while to get some work done. When I returned I could not find the kids, so I decided to go get my hair done, thinking well they'll turn up. Well they never did... and all these people were mad at me, yelling, "how could you go get your hair done, when your kids are missing?"

I am no dream interpretor, but I think this is a sign that I have been following the Kaylee Anthony case a bit too closely.

Today is a laundry day. I need to start packing for our cruise as we leave on the 20th and I am really not doing a very good job getting this done, as I have been a bit distracted with other tasks, and to be honest it seems that after spending over a year planning this trip that it can't already be time to go. I better get the lead out, and move it, move it!

I hope you all enjoy what is left of the weekend. Take care everyone and stay warm. GOD's Speed Morris!

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old November 9th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Admiral

My thoughts exactly Beenie, Godspeed Morris!
I was up very late having a sleepless night when I read his post, and it made me very sad too.
I remember always wanting to take my mom on a cruise, and I waited too late and never got the chance.
Kuki's words were right - live each day to it's fullest, you never know what tomorrow may bring!

Today we are going out for brunch with some old friends. I've been looking forward to this all week
Too bad the weather wasn't pleasant because we'll be on the waterfront.
It's dull, gray, and all the trees are bare. November is here for sure!

Yikes! I'd better get ready......

donna
Old November 9th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Its a day that does not seem to want to make up its mind, cloud sun, but more cloud again.I hope that you can have that time with your Dad Kuki, it is hard for sure no matter the age of the parent.

I was so tired yesterday and yet had so much work that I had to do. I got most of it done and we had a lovely shrimp dinner with friends. My Mums chemo went Ok this week. The drive was a nightmare because of the fog. We actually missed the Ottawa exit because one could not see pasr the hood of the car let alone exit signs. It made 5 hours of driving into 6 1/2 hours that day, came home very tired. Its hard, as I know she knows this will be the last Christmas etc. It hurts us all. She worries so much about my sister, as do I. I guess time will only tell how that all unfolds after she passes. In the mean time I can just be there for them and do my best caring for them and letting them know they are not alone. She was on my back again about the fact we have no vacation planned as we always do between Christmas and New Years. She harps on this continually. I finally said "Mum, do you know what talking to a wall means?", She answered what do you mean....I answered, "just to let you know you are talking to one right now". She was so mad at me...she actually hit me, I couldnt believe it, I am in my mid 40's and my mother still smacked me! She also seems to blame me for the ensure pudding, OK I didnt make the stuff, I just asked her to try it, she is so skinny now ,she needs the protein and calories. She hates all of them, ensure, boost, oh her face when she puts it in her mouth. If looks could kill. I dont understand WHY in our world with all our technology we cannot come up with things like that , that taste good.

Imagine in a few short weeks the Christmas tree will go up. I always have it up for the first weekend of December, but I usually take it down early as well, usually before we go on vacation as I dont like coming home to all that to clean up.

Today Sam and I will take a drive and go for lunch some where. Just have some time together before another week starts. My neighbour had a baby boy, sweet little baby,they are so small! I also got in the mail an announcement from my friends daughter as she had a little boy this past month.

When you see life come to an end, it is also nice to see new life, it reminds one of the cycle of life. Yesterday a friend was over, his daughter is pregnant, a first grandchild, he said to me "one day it will be you who is grandmother", I just smiled and thought that it will be so wonderful.

edited for a PS. Beeneie, that is a strange dream, and oddly for the last two nights I have had alot of wierd so almost real dreams, makes me wonder if that occurs when we are so tired? They are unsettling though.
Old November 9th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. The mood seems quiet somber this morning. Everyone is thinking about Kuki. I read hig blog last night. I hope he was able to make it home in time.

I slept until 8:30 this morning, which is like sleeping until noon for me. I don't have much planned today, except to finish up my ornaments I am making for the ornament party (thanks to those that had suggestions for me). I'm sure the grandkids will be around to visit.

Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old November 9th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from sunny and warm, for a change, Virginia Beach. Yes, our thoughts go out to Kuki and his beloved father, Morris. May G-d see to it that Morris pulls though with a speedy and non painful recoveryl Living each day too the fullest should be our motto for life!
Old November 9th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Admiral

It is indeed a somber day as a result of Kuki's father's condition and the current weather here in upper East Tennessee reflects the mood.

Nothing of any consequence planned for the day. We're going out for Sunday supper to Johnson City to a Chinese restaurant buffet on which there are snow crab legs (and yes, they're not only delicious but they keep the tray filled). They even have pizza and roast beef, etc., along with every Chinese dish imaginable and the food really is good (meaning no loss in quality because of quantity). All this for ten bucks a person. Can't beat them apples (especially as I consume at least fifty dollars of crab at grocery store prices)!

Todd
Old November 9th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon Mates,

Not much new here - it is a dull, damp day here. Went to Church - which for me is basically a work day - they kept me hopping all morning - I didn't really get a chance to hear any of the message or even take part in much of the singing - lots going on and lots of people needing prayer.

Trying to plan our road trip to Tenn next month. hard to belive but we will be heading there in one months time. Not sure what day to plan on getting there - the kids get down their finals on Wed. DD graduates on Sat. We know we want to be there by Wed afternoon to bring kids out to dinner - but do we want to get there on Tuesday or Wed. So we got to figure out if we want to leave Monday or Tuesday. We really don't have any place we need to stop on the way down so it makes sense to leave on Tuesday - but I am thinking I could use a slower paced journey down and am tempted to leave on Monday - I just don't know what to do with all that down time. We are not good at just sitting and relaxing.
Gotta get this figured out that is for sure.

Kuki and his family weighs heavy on my heart...

Wishing all the Mates a restful day
Old November 9th, 2008, 02:13 PM
First Mate

Good Afternoon Mates,
Yesterday's sunny warm day has turned to a cloudy, gray Sunday. I read Kuki's post last night. I went to sleep with a heavy heart. Even after a long illness, these times are never easy to endure. I pray that Kuki and his wife make it home to say one last goodbye. He needs to be at peace knowing that his father wanted him to stay on the cruise. My uncle wrote a poem about the clock of life being wound just once and no one knowing the hour when it will stop.

We went to breakfast with Ed's daughter, son-inlaw and their two sons.
It was for a celebration of dear grandsons 16th Birthday. His birthday was two weeks ago, but it was the first time we could all get together.

I plan to spend the rest of the day relaxing and catching up on domestic duties.

jojo