Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 22nd, 2008, 07:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Saturday Morn, Chill!

Hi Kids.
I am afraid to go outside. Today is the first really cold day, and, I know it will be a shocker! The good news is my car problem is fixed,and I will have my Miami heat in the car

I hope the store is busy, but if not, I will just re~merchandise all day...For everyone needing good thoughts, they are on their way, from a chilly Boston!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2008, 07:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Sorrrrrrrry

Sorry trip i guess we posted about the same time

glad you got your heater problem fixed...it's not that big of a problem here in the south...it's when the A/C is not working that a BIG problem!

debbyedoops
Old November 22nd, 2008, 08:49 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from the Big Chill - oops, I mean Montreal!
I have to say, the next best invention after air conditioning in cars, is heated seats in cars! Oh, how I love those heated seats!

It's going to be a cold, dull weekend here, with possible snow showers.
Despite the weather, it's also going to be a "happening" weekend here in Montreal, with a Montreal Canadiens game v.s. Boston tonight, the Santa Claus parade today, and Calgary v.s. Montreal in the Grey Cup game tomorrow! There are so many football fans in town, they have actually set up an outdoor party area in the middle of downtown, and reportedly, some Calgarians rode a horse into a downtown bar the other day!

I am staying far away from the action, enjoying a nice quiet weekend at home - indoors where it's warm!

donna
Old November 22nd, 2008, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............cool & drizzly.......mid 40's out.......I'll take it........

Not much happening here today.....maybe a few errands.....

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old November 22nd, 2008, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Chilly temps hovering around the low 30s F will be the order of the next few days in Calgary. Not my idea of good fun, and it's just the start. Spring is a ways away.

Yesterday was a Costco run, paperwork and banking for my mother. And that's going to run into today as well.

Trying to get my mind on track for organizing group activities for our next cruise, but so far it's just not coming.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 22nd, 2008, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday Morning, Chill!

Good morning, Trip, Debbie, and Donna, from Southern California. No chills here. That's next week. Now we are told that we might be driving in the rain on Thanksgiving Day.

Keith and I will head to Newport Beach in a couple of hours. Lunch, a haircut, and a wee bit of shopping are on the agenda.

Have a nice day!

Judy
Old November 22nd, 2008, 12:47 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from, in the low 40's, Virginia Beach. I guess that I shouldn't complain after dealing with the really cold winters I experienced as a child growing up in northern New Jersey. Rob and I just got back from having lunch at Moe's, where they prepare the taco salads, "your way". We are leaving on Wednesday morning for Maryland where we will spend Thanksgiving with the kids, grandkids, and both sets of our daughter's in-laws. Thank G-d gas prices have come down!
Old November 22nd, 2008, 12:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old November 22nd, 2008, 12:56 PM
Admiral

Good Morning! RD, the parade is today, I know cause I was asked to go down to it, No thank you, I am to cold, give me some grandkids and I will, but not till then!

Even my poor little Lil was shaking her little butt off from the cold, I dug out her sweater. Time for her to wear that.

I left the house very early and have been on the go non stop but got alot done. Slowly but surely.

Tuesday I have got to arrange m,y Mums chemo, she gets it weekly for three weeks and one wek off. Its what is keeping her alive. So she is technically due for the first of three on the 25th! They are obvioulsy closed this day, but I looked at the dates and I will have her go that month on the Monday, this way her actual Christmas day etc shouldnt be to bad with meds. There was a patient there and they said they were not going to celibrate, "whats to celibrate", I thought that was so sad, to give up hope like that. Not hope that you will live, I mean my mother knows she is terminal, but hope for TODAY, for being with loved ones and enjoying the best and most that you can of the day, tomorrow always seems to work it self out on its own whether we like it or not. I think the nurses were working on that patient to try and change their affect, as serious as they are illness wise, they have a high probability of a good outcome, oddly, those that have the really crummy outlooks are the most fesitve and cheerful building up to the holidays and being alive to see one more with loved ones.

DS is good, he needs all four wisdom teeth out, 2 have errupted in the wrong place, and two are infected and impacted. It will be done in three weeks. He is on antibiotics now as they are infected and cause him much pain at this time. Apparently the oral surgeon told him he will need a get this "primary caregiver" for at least three days, ya right, There you go my son, a tub of ice cream and drugs, there will be your motherly care! I also reminded him I also had four done, three were impacted, and I lived on my own! Of course he is of the male species, I must remember that.

So thats that for the day, enjoy the weekend, Lets hope the Als win tomorrow, and of Course, Montreal must win against Boston tonight......
Old November 22nd, 2008, 12:59 PM
First Mate

Good Morning Mates,
It's a sunny day here in Colorado. The temperature is close to 60 F. I slept in this morning. Later we will go to town and make a donation to a food and clothing drive. I am contemplating getting a steam cleaner for our hard floors. Has anyone tried one?

Hope you all have a relaxing Saturday. Enjoy some down time. Kuki,
You need to take some you time. The cruise plans will come....just give it some time.

jojo
Old November 22nd, 2008, 05:28 PM
Admiral

Good Saturday evening all. Now that the day is gone I thought I'd better post.

I have a good idea Kuki on how you might solve your activity organizational problems. Just put up a huge sign that says "Free Booze" and Voila!, you won't have to worry about scheduling any activities.

Glad you got your heater fixed Trip. I used to carry mine with me! All of you under fifty, don't even try to figure it out...it's something from the old gangster movies.

RDonna, heated seats huh. Gosh you really want to make us poor folk feel inadequate, don't you. Next, you'll be getting one of those cars that the windshield wipers come on automatically when rain starts hitting the windshield.

Delft, that's so sad your Mum's Chemo fellow chemo patient. Such things just break your heart. I don't know about your Mum's doctor's office but I swear as God be my judge, Fran's Oncologist's office is without a doubt, the most upbeat and friendliest Doctor's office I've ever entered! All of the patients, regardless of their condition or the type of cancer they're experiencing are always upbeat, have big smiles on their faces, are forever joking, etc. It's not a "false bravado" act either. They all are really that way! They're the same at her cancer support meetings. One actually looks forward to going!

DTW really knows how to rub it in, doesn't he?

Debbye, I'm glad I'm not the only one who duplicates!

While the temps weren't that bad in Sharon's neck of the woods, it seems that outside of DTW's, the best weather might be with Jojo.

Did you get any snow to speak of yesterday, Balabusta?

Hope the rest of the weekend is great for all 'o you'uns. Asking for Blessings on everyone and special prayers for Judy, Delft's mum and anyone else suffering illness or travail.

Todd