Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 25th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Default It's Tuesday!

Morning All, from a very white Montreal! It started snowing last night, and we woke up to about 5 cms on the ground. It has now turned to rain, so it will be one big slushy mess out there today.

The kids at daycare will be excited, hope it's not too wet to go out and play!

donna
Old November 25th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning up there in the Great White North RD! Rainy start to the day here in Philly. Two days to go before Marj and I head out on the Monarch of the Seas . We need the break!!!

Weather looks good for travel on Friday. I have to confess to breaking the "man law" on packing more than 24 hours in advance . Marj laid down her law so I applied the other "man law"--always agree with your wife.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Marj and the Jackass in St Thomas (there is a donkey in the picture also)

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old November 25th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Admiral

When the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I were up there, they told us that donkeys name was "Doris Day". GREAT picture!
12 days and counting.

See y'all aboard.

Ken
"SKY"
Old November 25th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Rain rain fo away, come again another day...don't all thank me now, for the song which will be in your head all day

Yesterday, I decided to go holiday shopping, and I figured I would run till my steam ran out. On the way, I pssed through Mansfield, where, unbeknownst to me, a fallen soldier's funeral was taking place. The church lot was filled, fireman, police, many Massachusetts dignitaries were there, paying their respects.

They had 2 fire trucks, with an arch of ladders, holding the flag. Driving under it was a sad reminder of all who have fallen. They also had horse drawn cason. He was bured in Bourne, quite a ride for the participants. I saw this on the news after I got home. So many have served us all, and have sacrificed, and this ride past this young mans funeral, just struck me hard.

I shopped till my knee told me no more, and, most of it, is all done, and hopefully, I can do the rest quickly, and painlessly...

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 25th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.................mid 30's right now.......up to 50 for the highs.........I'll take it as lon as I can.......

Trip........I plan on trying some shopping today........hope I finish.......

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old November 25th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning all from central Texas, where it's a beautiful, sunny day.

Our temps have been in the 60's for the most part, and it has been wonderful.

Today I have to take Jim's truck in for a service. I am looking forward to seeing what is left of my old buddies. (I worked there for a time) I am sure they have been hit as hard as many other dealerships. My dad would be so sad over the turn of events.

Our cruise is coming along nicely. I hope this will be the best one yet. Sadly, three days after we get back, Jim leaves for the desert for a year. Somewhat bitter sweet.

I hope all of you are doing well. Doug, How are the babies doing?

Have a good day

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 25th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster
When the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I were up there, they told us that donkeys name was "Doris Day". GREAT picture!
12 days and counting.

See y'all aboard.

Ken
"SKY"
We were told the donkey's name was Oprah :evil: I resisted the urge to kick it .

Luanne- The triplets are doing fine and on target for a late January delivery.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old November 25th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Doug,

I am so glad to hear that. Tell your daughter we are praying for their good health. My birthday is the 21, so that would make a good birthday for them.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old November 25th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Rollerdonna,

Thanks for opening up. I was waiting for Irish and finally gave up. I'm glad you opened the day! I have to admit, I love it when it snows.

Doug, that is one famous donkey with a lot of famous names! What a cute shot.

Ken, wish we were going with you.

Trip, any funeral is a sad event, but especially a fallen soldier's. I'm glad that he was honored in such a grand manner. It's a shame every fallen soldier can't be honored in such a manner.

Sharon, good luck with your shopping. Fran and I have reached the stage we just send checks! I know, it's impersonal but if you recall your own Christmases past, don't you also wish there were those times you would have rather received money as opposed to that gawdawful polka dot striped tie from Uncle Wilberforce or a piece of female outerwear from your Aunt Gertrude that went out of style six generations previously.

Luanne, so glad to hear everything for your cruise is shaping up nicely. Yes, all the dealerships are being hit hard. I noticed one that if you bought a brand new van for 40K you got a brand new smaller vehicle for a buck. That's gotta' be some kind of draw! At least you don't have to worry about a Thanksgiving freeze.

Doug, so glad to hear that the triplets are doing well and that their mother is having so much more of an easier pregnancy as time passes.

Fishing for presents, Luanne?

Blessings for all and special prayers out to Judy, Delft's mom and all others who are suffering illness or any sort of travail.

Todd
Old November 25th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Yes, I would love a present. I would love for Doug to call me and say he had three beautiful grand babies, that were doing well, and their mom was resting comfortably. That would be the best birthday present for me.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old November 25th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Luanne,

That is the absolute best present for which to wish that I could personally imagine! How sweet of you!

Todd
Old November 25th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! The same tolerable crisp cool air dominates the westher in Calgary, with a day in the 30s F.

My sister heads back home to Pheonix this afternoon, after being here a month. Now the fun begins. I have a bunch of interviews set up to meet with possibles to work as a live in caregiver for my mother.

We have two live out caregivers who my mother has got used to, and really likes. Now the trick is to find a live in willing to work the shift, where I can keep the other two to make the transition as smooth as possible for my mother.

Unlike many families who end up having to face these problems, my mother is financially secure, so she can afford the help she needs. So, easier setting out to find the right person, than worrying about not being able to afford it. From that perspective we understand how blessed we are.
Old November 25th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Default It's Tuesday

Good morning from Southern California. So far, the rain didn't show and the sun did. Keith gets to drive himself to school.

I passed my DL exam with flying colors but faltered a little on the eye test. They let it go, though, but I will tell my eye doctor. Sooooo glad to have that ordeal done for the next five years!

Breakfast awaits, then Keith will go to his photography class for the morning. Lunch and errands this afternoon.

Have a nice day!

Judy
Old November 25th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from, in the mid 50's, Virginia Beach. After I went to the gym, I headed for the bank to get some cash for our trip to Maryland, tomorrow. Then it was home in order to do washing, ironing, and packing. We are leaving, tomorrow, around 8:30 a.m., stopping at Potomac Mills along the way to gas up and have a quick lunch. May all my fellow cruisemates have a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and frinds. While you are celebrating, give thanks to G-d for all that he has bestowed upon us. Yes, we are living in difficult times but we all must have faith in better days to come!
Old November 25th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Admiral

Well said Balabusta and have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving!

Todd (and his faithful companion, Fran)
Old November 25th, 2008, 08:05 PM
First Mate

Good Evening Mates,
Only one more day of our three day week! Today we got to go to the library to see a puppet show. Needless to say, a good time was had by all.
They are predicting some snow or rain for tomorrow. I'm glad that we are not traveling for Thanksgiving. Many of my coworkers are leaving Colorado or going to Denver.
That funeral for the soldier reminded me of one I saw last year. The horse drawn cason and the people walking along side of it makes such an impact. What a deserving tribute.

Blessings tonight.

jojo
Old November 25th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Admiral

Todd, thanks so much for the compliment. May you and Fran celebrate this joyous holiday with those that you love. I remember my father, during World War ll, spent Thanksgiving all by himself and he vowed, that after the war, he would be surrounded by family and friends. When I think of Thanksgiving, I think of my father and of all the men and women who served their country when our country was at war. We should thank all our brave servicemen, who cannot be with their families on Thanksgiving, and remember what they have given up to protect our freedom!