Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 13th, 2008, 05:46 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday's Sun Will Soon Rise

Good Saturday Morning to one and all, Ho-Ho-Ho. Oh it's going to be a marvelous day as Santa here is going to get to greet all of the kids and their animals out at the Humane Society's Adoption Center this afternoon, Ho-Ho-Ho!

I've been doing the gig for years using a really high dollar outfit a local upscale costume rental store had. When the owner originally purchased the suit, I wore it at no charge. When the woman retired, she gave me the entire outfit complete with a hand tooled very wide garrison belt, etc. When I initially donned the suit years ago, I got to the boots and figured, "No way" as I wear a size 13. Turns out they fit like a glove! I think only one other person has worn it and then only one time and it fit him more like a tent. Moi on the other hand at 6'4" and 275 pounds, obviously needs no additional padding. If I'm indoors I can't remain in it for more than three hours. As it is I develop very rosy cheeks after only ten minutes. Of course I can do with that at any time by just poping a few corks.

Fran finished baking God only knows how many dozen of her famous chocolate chip cookies last evening for me to take out there (we give out hot chocolate and cookies) so I guess we're about set. I just hope no one comes in with a 135 pound Doberman and wants their dog's picture taken sitting on Santa's lap!

I presume most of you'uns will be out there battling the holiday crowds. I got a kick out of the cartoon Hi and Lois (we get the color funnies on Saturday as the local paper doesn't publish on Sunday). She just finishes ordering all of her presents on line and then one of the kids points out that there is a blizzard outside, the airport's closed and there will be no mail deliveries.

Have a fantastic weekend; Blessings on everyone and prayers for those in special need.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Admiral

Good MorningMates,

Todd - it sounds fabulous. Wish I could witness it all. I too am awaiting for theTenn sun to rise a little further in the sky - there is just a hint of light at present.

Today is dd graduation from college. We arrived on Wed. We have had very little time since we have arrived. She has kept us busy every minutes. We will be heading north tomorrow after church. I feel like I have been gone an month.

I have not had a chance to be on the boards or do I have time at present to try to catch up. I truly hope all is well with everyone.
Hope to catch up soon.

Peace-filled wishes for a joyous day for you all.
Old December 13th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. We have frost on the ground this morning and the paper is late again.....Can't seem to get started until I read the paper. I made a small dent in my shopping yesterday.

My granddaughter has her 7th b'day party today so I will be going to that this afternoon. We also are going to try and finish decorating the outside of the house today.

Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old December 13th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........38 out right now.......still not sure if we'll get snow........but a storm is brewing.....more then likely get it later this week........what fun......means all kinds of things will be closed.........

Will get bitter cold for sure they say........into the teens......

Todd........sounds like you have fun..........

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old December 13th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!

D/H arrived home about 6:30 last night. We had a nice dinner and wrapped some presents for the kid's christmas party/gift exchange this afternoon. We sat around and had a glass of wine for a while then put the kiddos to bed.

Today we have the kid's Christmas Party and d/h and I have our hot date at the Japanese Restaurant tonight. It is very cold right now, but supposed to get up into the 40s. Ift weren't for my wonderful sister, d/h and I would never get to go out together as a couple.

I am just about finished with my shopping, just need stocking stuffers and to figure out what d/h wants for x-mas.

Sleeping Beauty has finally awoke from her slumbers and the tribe is now commencing to play the wii. In a while I will fry up some Bacon and eggs. I brought home croissants for d/s the picky eater, so he is happy.

I guess we had good timing for our trip to Europe. It seems that Rome is experiencing terrible flooding and that the rioting that was occurring in Greece is now spreading throughout certain areas of Europe, so I am thankful we narrowly escaped that insanity.

I have to be honest, one of the impressions left with me after our adventures to Europe was how fortunate we are to have such wonderful cruising experiences to be had, right here in our own backyard (the caribbean) and I am so looking forward to the Bloggers cruise in Feb. I hope the activity and enthusiasm builds up again on the board, but no matter, we're going to have a ball regardless!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 13th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Admiral

This is me this morning, still stuck in Montreal.
Plans were to fly out early this morning for another house hunting expedition in Nova Scotia, however yesterday's snowstorm in Montreal wreaked havoc with the airline schedules and cancelled flights are backed up into the weekend, which makes it impossible to get on a stand-by flight this morning.
So we're stuck here with a temperature of -18C (0F) and a wind chill of -26C ( -14F)!
We also have 15 cms of new snow to deal with, and a car with a frozen door which is stuck in the driveway.
The only good thing is the sun is shining brightly, but there's no warmth in that sun, believe me!

Hope you all have a nice weekend.

donna
Old December 13th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Somewhere under a huge dump of snow is the City of Calgary. The storm began about 1 PM yesterday as I drove my sister to the airport. By the time I made it back home traffic was getting chaotic. Mrs. Kuki's office shut down early, but her normal 10 minute ride home still took 1 1/2 hrs.
She said she watched one lady, driving with her foot up on the wheel, while text messaging with her hands.... and you wonder why there are accidents!

Today more snow is forecast, with wind chills dropping to -40. I guess this must be "global warming". (avg normal temp for this time of yr. 30 degrees F).

Think I'll just stay inside and try and think up something psuedo interesting to write for next week's blog.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 13th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday's Sun Will Soon Rise

Maybe so, Todd, but not here. Looks like our dreary skies are the preamble to the rain that's supposed to come.

I did two of my exercises this morning and went back to sleep! I just finished the others and look forward to a cup of coffee.

Keith and I do plan to battle the crowds today in Pasadena. Have a good one, everybody.

Judy
Old December 13th, 2008, 12:39 PM
First Mate

Dear Mates,
Happy Saturday morning to all. Todd, you and Fran are a blessing to your community and all the animals. Enjoy your day being Santa. Vt Jen,
Congratulations on your daughters graduation. Have safe travels home.
It sounds like the weather has made a drastic change these past few days.
We have clouds. The snow is supposed to start this evening. Right now it is just cloudy and gray. The wind is blowing.
RD so sorry that your flight was cancelled.

I am not sure what I have planned for today. I've been trying to fight off a cold sinus infection. Today I slept in. Next week will be hectic at school with all the holiday activities. On Monday the first graders will make mini gingerbread houses. (Milk cartons covered with graham crackers.) They are so cute while doing the project.

Blessings to each of you.
jojo
Old December 13th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Captain

HI all. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm actually off for a change on a real weekend and almost don't know what to do with myself. Just finished first week of my new job and I think I'm going to like it alot.

Man, it's freezing but then again, it is Dec! lol

Have a good, safe weekend.
Old December 13th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Admiral

Joo, I used to make those milk carton/gingerbread houses all the time with my nursery school classes. haven't done it in years, but thanks for the memory!

I have just returned, or should I say, surrendered, from an attempt at Christmas shoppng. The traffic is horrific, the snowplows and blowers and dump trucks are out in full force blocking at least 2 lanes of traffic, it is icy and dangerous, it took me 20 minutes in line trying to get IN to one shopping plaza, and another 20 mins. in line to get OUT of said plaza after buying nothing because I refuse to fight the mobs and stand in lines of 30+ people!!
It is insane out there! I can't do this anymore. I hereby promise to do my Christmas shopping in July from now on.....

donna
Old December 13th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Admiral

Dare I say I started mine last January when there were sales??

My big trip was groceries, and errands. I cannot say I had trouble to get around, but the side streets are so bumpy with ice . The parking lot at the grocers was so quiet, but then I think because every one is Christmas shopping. Thankfully mine is done.

The concert was lovely. It was a private concert for a large company, all the employess got six tickets, along with suppliers and so on. 10 thousand people. Michael Bolton did great and because they are friends( the head of the company) it was a very personal show if you know what I mean. I was worried about driving to town with the weather, but the company provided shuttle busses from the west Island, did that ever go well. Totally stress free.

We saw beautiful sun shine today and freezing cold. I also saw many people out with camera's trying to capture the beauty of the ice on the trees. It just sparkled like diamonds. So beautiful.

DS is feeling a little better with the wisdom teeth, and my Mum after having a real tough couple of weeks is feeling better today. Maybe what makes it even better is knowing she doesnt get Chemo next week, ( its her week off) and she wont the following week because of the holidays. We have changed her from starting the new round on the 25th to the 29th. I think she deserves that little extra break.

OK, have a good one every one.