Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 18th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Captain

Default Hello Thursday

Good Thursday morning Cruisemates friends!

Yes my friends it is Thursday, what happen to Wednesday, that's right the computer Grinch stopped by for a cup of coco.

Well it is another day closer to the weekend and a long Christmas break from work. Bowl games are soon to start and both of our boys are home.

It is time to head of to the salt mines for another rousing day at work, can't wait.

You all have a Great Alabama Day!

Irish 8)

He who loses money, loses much;
He who loses a friend, loses more;
He who loses faith, loses all.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Admiral

Good Morning! Another rousing day at work here too. Tomorrow is my day off and Marj has a list of errands that will keep me out of trouble .

I am so ready for the holidays. I am wrapping up my last big project at work today and will only have a few cleaning up tasks left the rest of the year, along with the unexpected last second project.

Lona was released from the hospital yesterday so the crisis is over for the time being. The triplets are still scheduled for their debut on the week of January 19th.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

The picture from Nassau that Marj and I used on our Christmas card this year

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old December 18th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates
From Snowy Vermont. We picked up a few inches yesterday and it is snowing again at present. It is glare ice under the snow. The dog got going a little fast this morning during "chore" time and I slipped and fell.
Good thing I have the heated pool and a therapy session this afternoon. Hopefully it will keep me from becoming too stiff

Off to work soon. Lots to do, am behind still. Last night we did get the tree in and decorated. It is a horrible tree. You would think that here in northern Vermont it would be easy to find a great tree. The lots all had the worst trees I have ever seen in my entire life. I just don't get it. I am truly flabbergasted.

Great Picture Doug.
Hope everyone is well...
Old December 18th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Admiral

GM to Doug and VTJen and all others who follow -

Doug - great pic

VTJen - hope you are feeling better soon, falling on the ice/snow is not fun - I always dread the first step out our door in the mornings - I have three wooden steps down to the concrete and I can't tell you how many times my foot has slipped and I've had to grab on to the railing so as not to be sitting at the bottom!

We're expecting freezing rain this afternoon, but I'm hoping for the possible warm-up so it may just be rain - fingers crossed!!!

Well, must get busy and finish up loose ends here at work, after tomorrow I'm gone for a week and then return for only two days and then gone til the 13th of Jan.

Everyone have a great day and prayers and blessings for those who need them.
Old December 18th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Today is the calm before the STORMS.......One tomorrow, and one on Sunday,and maybe Christmas day....oh my

The baby is doing something, just too cute..if you sing fa la la la la, she finishes it with la la la la...I fed her a marshmello the other day, and she was in heaven, that little mouth opened like a baby bird...that's my Lucy!!

I need to get some stuff done, before the snow come, so, I am outta here

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 18th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Good Morning to all, hope everything is good. Feel better soon Jen. Hope no one gets any more visits from the computer grinch lol! Thats so sweet about the baby!
Things here are about the same. I continue with the coughing and problem with my lungs. The inflamation this time is settled in and I think will be a while before it leaves. My mother has more pain, and I suspect its moving around, ( her cancer) . So does she. She doesnt really want to know though, and I dont blame her. It would be differant if there was something they could really do for her. Her chemo is palliative. In the mean time I keep reinforcing her taking breakthrough medication for pain, and fight her fear she will become "addicted". ( totally false) Even if she did, it really would not matter, she will never be in a piosition that she will no longer need it from a physical point of view. DS has recovered from the wisdom teeth, back at work, this kid never stops, his marks from McGill were straight A's! He really worked hard this term.
We got quite abit o snow, but no matter, at least it is prettier than all the ice.
I was finishing left over wrapping last night, I am glad it is done. I am going to finish my cakes today when I get back from errands and the office.

Have a great day every one.
Old December 18th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. I've been awake for way to long. There just seems to be to many things going on in my head. Last minute gift, gifts I haven't even thought about yet, stocking stuffers, UGH.

I'm off until Monday, but then I remembered I forgot to do payroll before I left work yesterday, how stupid is that. So know I have to decide if I can talk somebody through it on the phone or am I going to have to drive 40 minutes into work to do payroll. I know if I go in it won't be for just a few minutes, 10 people will need something while I'm there.

We have fog in the air and it's been really warm this week. It's December for goodness sakes, at least make the temperatures a little cooler than the mid 70's.

I guess I need to sit down and make out my list so I will have some sort of idea what I am doing.

Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old December 18th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it is a freezing -4C, and like Jen, we have fresh snow hiding a thick coating of ice. Walking to and from the train yesterday was quite a challenge. I didn't fall, but it was quite the display of ballet-like poses to be sure!

Last night I made it to my last Pilates class before the holidays, and we ended with a nice relaxation pose and a massage. Felt so good, until I came home and had to shovel out the driveway, walk and stairs. Now I am aching and sore!

James will be home today from his solo trip to the Maritimes. I hope he has lots of video and some good news about his house hunting expedition!

Have a good day everyone, and keep warm!

donna
Old December 18th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a very foggy Texas.

We are eating a quick breakfast, before we leave for the airport. My cell phone woke up up with the automation telling us our flight was on time, but it was foggy.

That was an hour ago, and they have since called to say we are being delayed.

I felt totally uneducated last night. I called the credit card companies to let them know we were taking the cards out of the country.

They asked what countries were going to.

I sounded like one of my former students. I replied "I don't know"

Okay some I knew, what not sure about the others.

No googling. You tell me which countries we are going to.

Cozumel

Belize

Rotan

St Thomas

St Martin

Nassau

Grand Cayman

I received one of my Christmas presents last night. I have a Nano Ipod.

It is my first, and I love it.

Joe offered to download songs for me. He asked what I wanted, and I told him 70's rock. He had the nerve to roll his eyes. Said there was no rock in the 70's. I told him we invented rock, and he called me Al Gore. Okay I didn't invent rock, but I sure supported it.

Boy doesn't realize that if I had not been careful he would have a 30 year old brother or sister, because of rock.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Talk to you from Miami.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 18th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!
Not much happening here today. D/S is awake and playing with some kind of alien thing we bought at the store yesterday. My mother had bought him an electric guitar/karaoke thing, the only problem is you have to run it through a Play Station or an X Box thing to make it work or buy an amplifier. Plus the microphone stand thingy was broke so it needed to go back to the store. We took it back to Sears and d/s took the money and picked out what he wanted. So today is like Christmas morning light.

Today I will probably just putter around here doing a little cleaning. Yesterday I got a phone call from Marietta who works with Nancy the Travel Agent who is handling arrangements for the Blogger's Cruise. While I was talking to her I noticed the neighbor's dog was outside and starting to get into the trash. So I walked outside to get rid of her, put my foot on the first step which at the time was a solid sheet of ice. I went flying. I landed on my left elbow and my butt. All of this while I am on the phone talking to Marietta. Unfortunately she got an earful. I told her I'd have to call her back. By the time I got my wits about me I slowly hobbled back into the house to survey the damage. I realized that my elbow still really hurt and my arm felt wet, so I pulled up my sleeve and there was blood everywhere. and I had a big gash in my elbow. So it looks like it will be a black and blue Christmas Christmas this year lol.

Hope you all have a great Thursday.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 18th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........well.....it snowed again......more north of us but we got about 2 inches.......I know......I know.....that doesn't sound like much........but it really messes things up here.......the schools shut down, business close.......you get the idea......

Luanne......have a great trip............

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old December 18th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny Florida.

I haven't been around for the last week because I've been spending a lot of time visiting my brother Bob in the hospital down in Boynton Beach. We got a call early Wednesday morning that he had suffered a major heart attack, and passed away after recovering from a urinary tract infection and kidney stone removal. He spent his life dealing with Cerebral Palsy, but that never stopped him from having a big smile on his face and a joyful spirit. I am so thankful for all those that made his life a little nicer just because of their love and kindness to him.
As we walked through the parking lot that Wednesday there was an empty wheel chair sitting under a tree. I'm taking that as a sign from God that Bob is dancing in heaven now.

Glad to hear that Lona and the triplets are doing well, Doug.

Prayers going out for those in need.
Phyll
Old December 18th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Admiral

Good morning, mates!

Phyll, I'm sorry to hear of your brother's passing. I know you will miss him greatly. You and your sister are in my thoughts.

Beenie, your words certainly gave me a visual! haha uh, I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh at your accident, but I can just see it all happen in a split second. Falls like that sure leave you sore. I'm sure you will be so busy, you won't have time to even notice, though.

Luanne, he conversation with your son sounds just about like one I would have with my son. I can TOTALLY relate! And let me see if I can get these countries (withoug googlig):

Cozumel -- Mexico

Belize -- Belize

Rotan -- Honduras

St Thomas -- U S Virgin Islands

St Martin -- The Netherlands

Nassau -- The Bahamas

Grand Cayman -- Grand Cayman

How did I do? BTW, Have a wonderful cruise! Bon Voyage

And, today is my birthday! Everybody have a wonderful day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old December 18th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Admiral

Judy asked me to post while she's getting ready to take me to the clinic to get the eye patch off, so I'm writing this with one eye. The surgery was a piece of cake, I can't wait to see how it came out..

It's been raining and cold all week but the sun is out this morning. Probably more of the same through Christmas. The burn areas will soon be turning green. As Judy said this morning, the weeds will be happy.

Not much else going on, PT for Judy this afternoon. The therapist she has is just super, and progress is so good that she's giving Judy next week off for Christmas.

Stay safe everyone, be careful on the ice.

Keith
Old December 18th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Just got in from snow blowing the driveway and sidewalk AGAIN. This cold weather and lots of snow is actually unusually early for Calgary. And there's little relief in our 10 day forecast

Phyll.. so sorry to hear about your brother's death. My heartfelt condolences to your family.

Kuki Jr. got home yesterday for winter break. He would have much preferred to stay in Arizona I think, but he lives in campus housing, so had no move out. Though he snowboards, I think he'd rather not have a full month of winter here.
Old December 18th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Well, That was a good trip. We are back home now. Got to see everyone at the airport, and then a taxi ride back.

Fog has closed everything down. We won't be able to get out of here until tomorrow afternoon.

All my months of plans. I am going to try and make arrangements to get our money back for the things we had planned in Miami for tomorrow.

Very depressed.....

Phyll, so sorry for your loss. I remember you talking about your brother. I know you will miss him, but your right. He is probably walk and talking like it use to be.

Happy Birthday Day Darlene
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 18th, 2008, 10:10 PM
First Mate

Dear Cruise Mates,
Good evening from cool western Colorado. We survived the day before the last day of school aka PartyDay! At about two minutes before we would dismiss our bus riders we had an announcement on the loud speaker. Our school was going on a LOCK DOWN. This ment locking the hallway door and trying to keep the first graders calm. They finally let parents into out building and they were able to come to our classrooms to collect the kids. It turned out to be a police foot chase in the area of our school. They eventually got the suspect. We then had to take the rest of the kids to the lunchroom. Some kids were in panic mode and started crying. Finally we were able to have them all picked up by parents or other guardians.
So much for an easy day. We meet early for a staff Christmas Breakfast. Tomorrow will be a matter of keeping the lid on for the kids.

Wishing you all a relaxing evening. Phyll, so sorry to hear about your brother. Beenie...I hope you regain your mobility. Moms at holiday time
need so much of that.

jojo