Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 28th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning Sunday!

Morning All, from Montreal, the city of a million skating rinks!
We had rain and freezing rain all day yesterday, and we are covered in ice everywhere.
I did not venture out at all yesterday, and probably won't today either.
In fact, I spent a completely lazy day in my PJs watching my LOST Season 4 DVDs! Once in a while, it feels wonderful to do nothing!

donna
Old December 28th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Admiral

Good Morning where I did venture out, and landed on my butt! It hurt! This afternoon Sam and I will watch some movies and then go out to dinner. I want to put away the dishes from the holidays and clean up a little. It sure needs it. Sam was a little upset as he wanted something from boxing day sales ( which really were not that great) and they ran out, I had it ordered on line by the time he got here! They were still available on line. Hense the dinner tonight! Boxing day sales were not that great in my view, certainly not worth the fight of it all. I mean one SLR I wanted was down to 499$ , a great price, however, I have seen it two weeks before Christmas for 528$ ( Canon Rebel ) 28$ savings, and a wait and a fight to get it? No way, I will pay the 28$ extra. I wont even go for gift wrap paper as I got more than enough of it last year and have enough for next year. I have lots of wash to do, and floors that need to see a vaccume. I spent time on the phone with my Mum teaching her how to view her photos on the computer as a slide show. Well, she finally got it! Good for her! Tomorrow chemo for her again. I know she doesnt want to go, I cannot say as I blame her. Have a great day every one.
Old December 28th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Admiral

We got the hole dug in the crawlspace and installed the new pump. Let's hope we didn't need it, but we live less than a mile from the Wabash River and it is a couple of feet over flood stage and it rained all day yesterday like mad, so it will get higher so there is a potential that it could get a bit moist down there. While down there, I uncovered other things that need to get fixed pretty soon so my list of stuff to do hasn't gotten any shorter .

Went to the neighbor's party last night it was touching. This is an interesting and wonderful family. This is the same bunch of folks that came over and helped me finish my patio back in October. As I mentioned previously they have a lot to celebrate. Basically for many years this family has delivered milk in the area. At one time my neighbor's father had a commercial route as well as delivering to over 200+ residences. One day he was leaving the lane and he was killed in an auto accident right at the end of our lane. My neighbor was a young man with his whole life ahead of him, he'd just graduated from Wabash College and had a very bright future and was very gifted athlete. He could have likely been a professional athlete and was extremely intelligent and could have basically done anything he wanted and written his own ticket so to speak. But his father was suddenly taken from him, his family needed help so he decided to continue on with the milk route. That was over 30 years ago. Now here he is with his beautiful family, his loving wife, his four children (three of which are at University all following in their father's foot steps with great athletic and other accomplishments, being awarded scholarships) the oldest of the four just announced that she and her husband are expecting their first child.
It was touching to hear the stories from his Mother, children, brother and sister about how for 30 years he carried on this route, made so many sacrifices never missed a day of work in 30+ years ran the route 6 days a week without fail. Funny stories about how he tried to make due with an old broken down truck, because he was short on money and it finally caught fire while running the route and the only thing he had to the fire out with was ...milk
He is finally selling the route after all these years and going to work directly for the dairy and is very happy after all these years to have a job that won't require him to get up at 2:00 a.m. in all kinds of weather conditions.
Over the years he may not have acquired vast riches or fame by the world's standards and in his younger years he definitely had the potential. But as I stood there last night watching his family cry and laugh with him and share their love for him and tell the stories and share their feelings for this man he is without a doubt one of the richest people I know and I am proud to say he is my friend.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 28th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. It's sunny and warm here with a chance of rain, but none showing on the radar. Not much planned today. I MIGHT get out and go check some of the sales locally.

I bought my BF a Call of Duty, World at War PC game for Christmas. Well, his computer didn't have a large enough graphic card so he couldn't play it. I had also given him a gift card for Best Buy so we had to drive 45 minutes from home to Best Buy so he could get a larger graphic card. So know he has his game up and running and with the larger graphic card ALL of his games have awesome graphic, so he will be busy for a while playing his games all over again.

Everyone have a great day. For all of you stuck in the cold and snow just close your eyes and imagine yourself on a beach like this.

Need some cruise help?
Old December 28th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Admiral

Good morning freinds and to those who follow as well. Houston is cloudy, a bit chilly- 60F, and rain again. Getting ready for church and then watch the football games.

Have a glorious day!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old December 28th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Admiral

Default Good Morning Sunday

Good morning from cold Southern California. Frost warnings were out again last night.

In a few hours, we will have lunch with Frank (Farimmco) at King's Fish House in the O.C.

Time for a cuppa and the Los Angeles Times.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old December 28th, 2008, 12:56 PM
First Mate

Dear Mates,
Good morning on our last Sunday of 2008. I am cooking Mn. rice pudding. It will warm us up on a cool 20F sunny day. I am not sure what is in store for us today. Grandson is going to come over and help DH reorganize one of three storage sheds so we can put Christmas things away.
The Scottish terrier that we are watching is calmly laying at my feet. He scared the cat yesterday, so my dear kitty is hiding.
Stay warm mates and have a lovely relaxing Sunday.
jojo