Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2009, 02:54 AM
Admiral

Come out here, I will take you to San Francisco and get you the real stuff. In fact Yank Sing is a great Dim Sum restuarant.

We need a CM Group Cruise that leaves from San Francisco, Star Princess does a nice Mexican Riviera cruise out of there. Just a thought.

This one is my favorite Phoenix tailed shrimp.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old January 4th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Admiral

You know that is a fantastic idea! D/H and I went to San Fran for our first anniversary. I surprised him with the trip, it was fun because his sister lived in Half Moon Bay at the time and his Mom was visiting them at the time. We stayed at the St. Francis, which I loved. The one thing we did not have was Chinese food. We did walk through China Town but never stopped and sampled. We fell in love with the Napa Valley though.

D/H will be attending a conference in LA in May. I am still trying to make up my mind what I want to do. If I want to go out there with him or just stay home with the kids. I thought about going out there and just taking me and the kids on a cruise while d/h hangs out at the conference. Don't know if d/h would like that though lol! He might feel a little bit left out though.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 4th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
I just got home from work, and reading this thread, is killing me
Quote:
Darlene, you would have to ask for a sub if you lived around Boston, although my Mother used to call them spuckies......she was from N.H, before she moved here...
With Kuki Jen and RD's smoked meat.....if you ordered that here, no one would know what you wanted...we do have smoked meats..but you would have to say like, could I have a spiced beef sandwich......that particular, term, smoked meat sandwich, is unknown in deli's around here.
Trip, In all the years I lived in NH I never heard the term Spuckies. Mostly they call thm subs or grinders up there.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old January 4th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I love good Italian cold cuts and imported provlone cheese on a crusty Italian roll. Topped with onions, black olives, tomatos and pickles and mayoaise.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old January 4th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Trip:
We too have Subs...they are cold sandwiches. We can buy them in the grocery stores and they are already made. We bring them home, take off the lettuce, onions and tomatoes and bake them as we would a hoagie.

They are good, but not made with the same meat as I mentioned.

Still good in a pinch.

I also have heard these sandwiches can be called "grinders" and "poor boys". It's where you live. They are probably all the same.

Darlene
Destiny-4/9/2000-E. Caribbean
Valor-5/11/2008
Liberty-5/1/2010
Pride 4/21/2013
Pride 9/8/2013
Imagination 11/11/2013
Pride 12/8/2013

LOVE TO CRUISE