Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 3rd, 2009, 08:11 AM
Admiral

Default It's Saturday -- The Weekend Has Started!

Alllllriiiiiight! All you who live in the colder climes with windchills around or below zero and about two feet or more of snow and ice on the ground, get up, get dressed, slam down that cup of coffee and pick up that snow shovel or crank up that snow blower and GET OUT THERE AND CLEAR THOSE WALKS AND DRIVEWAYS AND GET YOUR VEHICLES STARTED (if you can)!

For those of you below the Mason Dixon line where the temperature is currently 43 (as it is here) or higher, you can get up, enjoy your leisurely cup (or in my case the equivalent of a large pot) of coffee and plan your nice comfy day. I think inasmuch as it's going to be sixty here today under partly cloudy skies, I might just put on a short sleeve shirt before I go on my errands (heh-heh-heh).

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2009, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

Well - it is all of 19 degrees and a few flakes are flittering down.

Not much on today's agenda but puttering around the homestead...catching up on tasks that have taken a back seat. I might venture out to the grocery store, I need a few fresh produce and dairy items.

Hoping all the mates have a great day - even those that get to enjoy it in just their shirtsleeves - lol!
Old January 3rd, 2009, 09:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Minnow of the Seas is cruising this weekend.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old January 3rd, 2009, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Good Morning all of my CruiseMates! Great news for Doug's Grand-Triplets, that's a great way to begin a day!

Todd I just took a moment to consult my handy dandy map and locate exactly where Greeneville, Tn is. I sure wish I had known you last summer as I was down in your neck of the woods at least 4 times. It is so beautiful! Who knows, maybe this summer we'll hitch up the fifth wheel and head your way again

Dave have fun out there, but be careful...

Jen have you taken me to the Day Spa yet? lol

Well today is one of those days full of the stuff that needs to get done. I wasted most of yesterday looking for a place to get my tire fixed. I finally just ran over to the dealership and they took it right in and got her done.

Today I need to get d/h's suitcase packed and ready to go. He is working the next two weeks up in Northern Indiana and will leave tomorrow night and home Friday night, then taking off again Sunday. So back to the salt mines for both of us. But looking forward to the next break the first week of February.

Teva is having a great clearance sale on their website, so I ordered a bunch of sandals for the fam from their website. Hope they arrive before the Blogger's cruise and most of all I hope they feel good on my poor sad sore feet.

The kids are really looking forward to the Blogger's Cruise. That was one thing, on our Europe Cruise they liked the kid's club and enjoyed it, But they really missed Freddy the Funnel. So they can't wait to see their old pal!

Well in a moment I need to sail off to laundry land Grrrrr! :evil:

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:00 AM
Captain

Good Morning All

Yes it is going to be a beautiful day it is 60 degrees outside and on its way to the mid 70’s, which means more yard, work today.

My D/W talked to her sister in Michigan and she said they got 9 more inches of snow and the temps are single digits. brrrrrrr..... :o That is one of the reasons we did not move back home after I retired from the Army. We grew up between Gary, Indiana and Chicago. I remember that lake effect. I was watching friends from my old club (The Polar Bears) on the news taking their New Years dip in Lake Michigan. Boy how I miss those days........Not

Y'all have a great Alabama Day.

Irish 8)

May you always have walls for the winds,
a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire,
laughter to cheer you, those you love near you,
and all your heart might desire.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from a sub-zero Montreal. It's -12 with a windchill of -21 (-5F).
Todd, I dare you to go out in your short sleeves here!

As for me, I will be bundling up in layers and going out to shovel yet another few cms of snow that fell yesterday. It was supposed to be 1-3 cms but it snowed heavily all day, so I'd say there's a bit more!
At least the sun is out today and makes it look pretty......

Well, Christmas is officially over for another year. I took down the tree and all the decorations yesterday, and did a major house cleaning.
The outside decorations will just have to wait until it's a little warmer!

I'd also like to wish a special Happy New Year to Doug and his new grandbabies! Congratulations Grandad!

donna
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. We are foggy here this morning and warm. I had a good day out shopping with a friend yesterday. I only bought me one shirt, but bought my granddaugher a dress, shirt and necklace. I got them at our OshKosh outlet store at a rally good price. I couldn't pass that up.

I think we are going to work in the yard today, not my most favorite thing to do, but I will help.

Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good Morning, My place got hit with ice and snow last week here in Salem,Oregon. 5 acres of oak trees got hit pretty hard but no real bad damage to home just alittle to one barn. So this place is going to be a logger camp today. Take care......MD
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:37 AM
First Mate

Good Morning Mates,
We are getting some snow again today. I am so ready for spring. Today we will pick up my sister at the airport. Nothing else on the agenda. Just enjoying the last two days before it is back to work.
I hope Dave the Wave doesn't have any problems with passengers OB.

jojo
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

Warm and a cance or rain this afternoon. Taking DD shopping.....she said she needed some things for the cruise. Being female, I do understand, but she has completely filled two closets and 8 drawers with clothes and shoes. Mabe it's time to weed through it and toss a few things!

I was up at 3 this morning getting DH off on his fishing trip with his son. That was after I watched Utah whip Alalbama...go Utes! I was so glad Nick got beat. I lost all respect for that man with the way he handled his departure from LSU. Down here, we always pull for LSU and if it can't be LSU then we are supposed to pull for an SEC team....I just couldn't do it!

Have a great one!

Melody
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........about 34 f right now.....suppose to make it into the low 40's f.....I'll take it.....the snow is back in the mountains where it belongs..........

Y'all have a great day...........

Sharon
Old January 3rd, 2009, 12:34 PM
Admiral

Default It's Saturday-The Weekend Has Started

Good morning from an again foggy Southern California. I think we'll see some sun today, though.

Not much on the agenda here. We took down all the Christmas trappings yesterday and put them away for another year.

Have a good day!

Judy