Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2009, 06:16 AM
Captain

Default Hello Tuesday

Good Morning CM's

Yes it is Tuesday and it is morning....I think, well any ho time to wake up, roll out bed and hit the ground running...err make that crawling.

Well as the days and weeks pass it can only bring on your next cruise faster. Oh Joy, we can't wait.

After talking to family back home I know for some of you it will be another cold day, but here in Alabama it will be in the high 70's.

Well got to go, another day in the salt mines.

One problem with posting so early, I miss the adventures of others and how their days are going.

Well, All you all have a great Alabama Day.

Irish 8)

May the sun shine, all day long,
everything go right, and nothing wrong.
May those you love bring love back to you,
and may all the wishes you wish come true!
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Admiral

Soon on my way out the door. Busy day yesterday, lots of errands, a crisis at the office, same old same old which was good and bad lol! Now headed for my blood work and change portacath needle and a few other things. Make it a gret day every one.
Old January 6th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Admiral

Good morning all!! Sucessfully dragged myself into the office despite a total lack of desire to do so.

The grandkids are doing well, Veronica is off the CPAP machine, Luchia is off the venitlator and Carey is being treated for a heart murmur (not serious). Lona should be released from the hospital today.

Marj is turning into the electronic version of the obnoxious grandmother with pictures as she has a photo viewer keychain that holds 60 pictures. I placed framed pictures on my desk for all to admire.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Nassau, Bahamas

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old January 6th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal - is it Tuesday?
I just had a jolt-awake early phone call from work asking if I can come in early. I was so out of it, I didn't even know what day or time it was!
I think I had less than 2 hrs sleep, as I only drifted off after my dh got up at 6, now I have to go work a 9 hour day.....

Should be interesting...yesterday we had a flood, making one classroom completely unusuable, and 8 kids are without a place to go. Guess which class has the sick teacher today? No classroom, no teacher, and now I have to go in and keep them busy till my own shift starts at lunchtime!
Happy New Year!

donna
Old January 6th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

A quiet weather day here - that will all change around midnight, then we will have snow, sleet, freezing rain thru Thursday. I will be headed to work soon and will try to get as much done as possible.

Am going to try real hard to get to the pool therapy class - I have not been since mid-November, it has just been too crazy.

I have to get a chili started and in the crock pot before I head to work, so I best get moving.

RD - sorry your day is not off to a great start
Delft - as always, you are in my thoughts and prayers
Doug - it could be worse she could have three key chains, one for each grandbaby!

Have a great day all,
Old January 6th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Good Tuesday Morning Irish, Delft, Doug, RDonna and all who follow.

It's a warm (56 F)but very rainy East Tennessee Tuesday morning. We've had an awful lot of rain the past two days and up to an inch and a half yet to fall. Would like to see the sun but have been in such a severe two year drought that we were in great need of such weather.

Off in a few minutes to Wally World. Fran and I used to make fun of the old folks who, for lack of anything better to do, would got out to Walmart. As Gomer would say, "Well Surprise! Surprise," we are now quickly becoming such a couple as regards both age and proclivities.

Ordered some more of the K-Cup filter inserts for our new Keurig K-Cup coffee maker. I just love the thing however, except for "state occasions" (such as the first cup after getting up in the morning), I'm not going to spend what amounts to over a half a buck for a mug of coffee. And anyway, I like my brand and grind as well if not better than what is available in the premade K-cups.

Stay well everybody and put a spring in your step slong with a smile upon your face! Have a grand day!

Todd
Old January 6th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Today is gray and 30 degrees. We're supposed to get some more precip today. Don't know how much though. I just looked out the window and there is a light dusting of white stuff on my truck.

Kitty is in trouble again...I think she's been hitting the catnip too hard lately. All of her Christmas presents seem to be laced with the stuff and last night she knocked over my huge Waterford Crystal Vase. It has these colored styrofoam balls inside of it and a they hold the floral arrangement in place. Well the styro balls are statically charged and move around when ever you try to touch them. So she would stick her mitten in the vase and get some out to play with. I am glad she didn't knocked it over on herself because it probably weighs 15 or 20 pounds and could have hurt her. But luckily I had the pad on under the table cloth and the thing just went thud and fell on it's side and didn't break so I put it away where she (hopefully) can't get to it, I am going to rename Sami "weed-eater".

D/h's Christmas present finally arrived yesterday. The UPS man got it here right on schedule . He got a new Pentax digital SLR camera. Too bad he isn't here to enjoy it. He called last night and is getting ready to take his first online course through Indiana University. It is amazing to me that you can now complete nearly any degree without ever stepping foot on a campus. You know this thing called the "internet"? I think it might catch on...

Well the kiddo's did pretty good yesterday getting back into their schoolwork. D/D for some reason can't get enough of it, she went back to her new work book last night (it was all her idea) and by the end of the day was on page 23. D/S well he's another story completely

D/D is still asleep, no doubt busy dreaming dreamy dreams. Hopefully Sleeping Beauty will arise soon.

Hope you all have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 6th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............warmer here today.....already in the 40's...........suppose to stay that way this week & maybe even the low 50's by next week...........

A few errands today...............paying bills.......yuck.......

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old January 6th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTJen
Good Morning Mates,

Doug - it could be worse she could have three key chains, one for each grandbaby!
I can see that happening not too far in the future!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old January 6th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Captain

Hi all. Nasty typical Jan weather here today. Took my car in for oil change and did some sliding around but it's not too bad if you take it slow. It was supposed to clear up by now they are saying it's probably going to last all day, oh well. Today is last of 3 days off..Man they go by fast..Back to work tomorrow for six days in a row.

Anyway, going to take the beagle for a wet walk then go work out. I have lots of little chores to procrastinate doing today lol. Everyone take care.
Old January 6th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Admiral

Morning all,,

Been awhile since I checked in,,,Doug so glad to hear everything is going great with the babies. I just can't imaging all 3 at one time. WOW !!! I have 3 grandsons but not all at once.

It is a nasty rainy day here on the east coast of Va. We are finally getting over the holidays,,,it sure is hard to get back in the groove

Our company is heading back to Michigan on Thursday,,,she has been here since b/4 x-mas. Not really a problem,,we have enjoyed the company.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday afternoon,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old January 6th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Admiral

Default Hello Tuesday

A late good morning to you!

Keith went off to his new photography class but will cut it short to accompany me to see the surgeon this morning. Probably the last visit after which I will be turned over to the oncologist.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old January 6th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Admiral

A happy late afternoon to all my fellow cruisemates. We are still on our short vacation in Bethany Beach, Delaware. Today we spent some time at Dover Downs, of course losing money but we did enjoy the lunch buffet there. After eating we headed to the outlets in Rehoboth where I purchased two pair of shoes. (yes trip, I could never have enough pairs of shoes). At the L.L. Bean outlet, they give a 10% discount to people who are over the age of 55 only on Tuesdays. (I guess I hit L.L. Bean on the right day!) Now we are just relaxing in the unit. It is in the upper 30's and it has rained all day. Rain, rain, go away!!!
Old January 6th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Admiral

Beenie-Weenie,

Bad news for all Waterford crystal and Wedgewood china fans. Waterford/Wedgewood (which combined some years ago) survived every economic disaster and downturn since the mid 1700's. They couldn't, however, survive this one and went Bankrupt yesterday.

So very sad. Gosh how I hope someone picks them up but it's unlikely from what I read in the British press.

Todd
Old January 6th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Admiral

I read that today Todd. I am sorry to hear that. Its a company steeped hundreds of years in rich history and I hate to see it happen.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 6th, 2009, 06:49 PM
First Mate

Good Afternoon Mates,
I just got home from school. The kids were so excited to be back. Many were showing off their new boots and new coats. I think for some of these kids school is the one stable part of their lives. I could tell they really missed being at school. I had the kids write about a New Years Wish. It was interesting, this year many kids wished they had a lot of money. I think in these troubled times knowing that many families are struggling...they must hear a lot about money problems at home.
Thinking of you all and dreaming of the next cruise.

jojo