Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Familiar Face

Default How far is the La Aiport from San Pedro port

We are cruising to Mexico and are leaving from San Pedro port. My question is hoe far is the Los Angeles airport from the port and what is the best way to get their. We will be comming down a day earlier and will be staying at a holiday inn in the area. Ant suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks jimbo
Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Admiral

The Airport is about 20 miles from the Cruise ship terminal. I would check to see if your hotel has a shuttle to the terminal. If not a company called Super Shuttles works great or you can call a cab. LA traffic is bad so leave yourself a lot of time (about an hour should do it).

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old January 6th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hey a question i can answer! I did this in October. My cousin (who lives in California) drove from the airport, so i couldn't tell you the best way to get there, but we stayed at the Holiday Inn San Pedro (is that the hotel you are staying at?) and they have a shuttle right to the ship! It was an excellent hotel and very convienient. I'd say it took us about 30 minutes to drive from the airport to the hotel.
Old January 6th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Admiral

You may want to fly into Long Beach Airport if it is a good connection from your town. It is a little closer to the cruise terminal and a small easily navigated airport as compared to LAX.
Old January 7th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Admiral

We stayed at a Days Inn near the airport, and they provided a shuttle service to the port. It was quick and easy, maybe about 40 mins door to door.
Enjoy your cruise!

donna