Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Captain

Default Sunday Morning Coming Down

Good Morning All my CM's

Yes my friends it is Sunday and the start of a new week. As I sit here by the soft light of the monitior and sleep does not come easy, so here I am.

Not musch on tap here, have to help my D/W out at church this morning and teach a class and then Mass and home.

You all have a Great Alabama Day.

Irish 8)

May you alway walk in sunshine.
May you never want for more.
May Irish angels rest their wings
right beside your door.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Admiral

I woke up to a bit of a chill throughout the house. Evidently the corn stove ran out of fuel overnight. I had mentioned to d/h he should fill it up before turning in for the night. He must have forgot.

So I filled it and fired it up, it is quickly getting toasty warm in here again. It is supposed to get brutally cold toward Thursday. I am not looking forward to that at all.

I spent last night trying to nail down our plans for the Progreso stop on the Blogger's cruise. Still I am not sure what to do. Cozumel was easy, I'm just renting a couple of cars and d/h and I are going to chauffeur the family to all of the sites we can pack into a day.

Sami and I are the only ones awake at the moment. Everyone else is still asleep. Not sure what's on the agenda for today other than laundry and cleaning yuck! But it has to be done, so maybe, many hands will make light work.

I hope you all have a great Sunday!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 11th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

It is cold - and snowing. But I don't want to complain because later this week the high will be somewhere between -5 and-10. So I will try to be happy with slightly above zero.

Went out to a fairly pricey (for this area) restaurant last night. It was not a good experience. They tried to host a cocktail party and also serve regular customers, they were just overwhelmed.

The food wasn't very good, the service (because of the afore mentioned) was poor. It was very, very slow. I will give it one more go, on a night they are not trying to host an event, before I totally write them off.

DS had friends over last night for all their goodbyes. We all got to bed late, then I slept poorly, that has been everynight this week, and it is beginning to catch up with me.

Off to church, then home to get ds's car packed up and he will be on his way. I so hate to see him go. It will be a dismal afternoon in the house this afternoon. He is sad to go, his sister, now a graduate, won't be returning, so he will have a long, lonely drive, she will be feeling odd, by not returning. I dread it.

Hope everyone else has something more joy-ful to look forward too today

Kuki - I hope the new person you hired will be perfect for your mom - I can't imagine how hard it must be.

Good Day all,
Old January 11th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning Irish and BW and all who follow. Hopefully ours will be a relaxing Sunday as well. If it doesn't rain I may wash the car. We're having a good friend who is more a family member than anything else, over for dinner as is frequently the case on Sunday.

Today's Sunday menu is simple but tasty and includes: Fran's homemade cream of mushroom soup, tossed salad with garden ranch dressing, broiled New York Strips (that were a gift, are USDA Prime and therefore uhhhhhhhh.....normally well beyond our budget. I'm almost afraid to grill them for fear I'll make a mistake!), sauteed fresh mushrooms, baked Idaho potatoes with (for me at least) tons of butter and sour cream, steamed spinach, mashed turnips, the obligatory southern yeast rolls and for dessert, warm cherry turnovers topped with French Vanilla ice cream.

Blessings on each and everyone of you and naturally, prayers for all who are in any travail of any sort. A special prayer today for our Judy (Cruisin' K and J) who sees her Oncologist tomorrow.

Todd
Old January 11th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Admiral

Good Morning, We should be in the car on our way to Platsburgh today, just for a day out, but we are both to tired. I was up with my mother most of the night. She is having a tough time. I am really feeling a little worn out and the cough still won't leave. We will leave shortly and have breakfrast at a place we like locally. Its quite cloudy, yesterday was the brightest sunshine, and even though the temps were cold, the sun made it feel warmer. Have a great day every one!
Old January 11th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it is sunny, but awful cold at -14C (windchill at -21) which is -5F. Apparently we are in for a week of sub-zero temperatures, but then again, it IS January!

I had an amazing night out last night, celebrating my daughter's birthday.
What we did was so simple, picked up KFC and played board games at my sister's house, but we had so much fun, we laughed till we cried!
We played Cranium and Trivial Pursuit Pop Culture, plus my dd had made several CDs of all of our favourite music, so we often jumped up to dance around the kitchen - it was crazy!
We really should do this more often, it feels so good to laugh like that!

Today's plan: housecleaning, and try to stay warm!

donna
Old January 11th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

Well, I'm going to Todds to eat!! I wish. We plan on going to see Gran Torino and a quick trip to the outlet center to pick me up some new flatware. Maybe supper someplace while we are out. That's about it for the day.

I'm off now to check my facebook site.

Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old January 11th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Heading to 40 F in Calgary.... it's an outbreak of summer ... and we could see 50 degrees by Wed.

Guess this means winter is over, so I can cancel my cruises and suntan in my lounge chair in the snow. NOT.

It does mean I'll have to get out and about today instead of cocoonings.
Old January 11th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning Coming Down

A very late good morning to you all.

We enjoyed a warm afternoon yesterday and a good lunch at a Japanese rstaurant in Pasadena's Old Town. ALso did some minor shopping. I heard the siren call of Barnes and Noble!

Todd, the oncologist has washed his hands of me until these infections are gone. Tomorrow I see the nurse for lessons on how to use the diabetes monitor and to give myself insulin injections, if needed. Apparently, one of the chemo drugs spikes one's blood sugar. I will also be scheduled for diabetic education which consists of five classes. DH will attend also, sincde we both cook. I probably will look into a cancer support group, as well, as psychologically, I am dealing with all of this very poorly.

Luanne, if you read this, you and your family will be in my thoughts and heart.

Judy