Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Admiral

Default Favorite Eats Ashore Poll

David and I have several restaurants that we HAVE to visit when we are travelling or cruising through cities we have visited in the past. These are ones where we had outstanding dining experiences. Here are a few of our favorites:

(I hope many of our cruisemates "foodie" friends will share some of theirs as well. Here are the ones that come to mind

London, England........................................... .... Petrus
London, England........................................... .... Two Brothers
Maui, Hawaii............................................ ......... Mama's Seafood
Acapulco, Mexico............................................ ... Coyucca 22
(VENTE-DOS)
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico....................................... Mariscos Polo
Puerto, Vallarta, Mexico...................................... Cafe des Artistes
Patzcuaro, Mexico............................................ ...Priscilla's
Mexico City, Mexico............................................ Izote
Buenos Aires, Argentina...................................... Senor Tango
(Tango Dinner Show)
Laguna Beach, Cal. ............................................ Dizz's As Is
Portland Oregon............................................ ...... Three Doors Down
Prague, Czech Rep. ............................................ Flambee
San Francisco, Cal. ............................................. Butterfly
Berkeley, Cal. .................................................. .. Chez Panisse
Sandy, Oregon............................................ ........ Pitxi (Peachie)

Some of these are quite upscale others are very moderate in price. They all have excellent food and outstanding service as a common thread. If any of you are in one of these cities, give one a try. You won't be sorry. I promise.
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Can't say that I've ever tried an eatery in port, with the exception of just having to try a "Cheeseburger in Paradise" at Margaritaville in Key West!
However, I do have 2 favourite drink spots - one is the Sky Ride in St. Thomas where you can get the most amazing Bailey's Bushwacker, and the other is Happy Hours in the port at St. Maarten, where they make the best frozen Margarita.
I am looking forward to visiting both spots on our next cruise in March!

donna
Old January 15th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Well shoot we don't eat a lot at port. However, I lived in the bay area for a while so if you are leaving at of San Francisco here are my favorite restuarants there: The Stinking Rose and Yank Sing. Yank sing is a Dim Sum restaurant the waiters roll around carts and you just pick what you want to eat. The thing is be careful the bill can add up fast. The Stinking Rose is a garlic restaurant with Californian Italian Cuisine. They also have a location in Beverly Hills. If you go there you must get the Bagna Calda (garlic soaking in a hot tub). This is roasted Garlic cloves and house baked focaccia bread. Is it lunch time yet.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994