Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 16th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Admiral

Default TGIF and Its Cold, Weather forecast included

Yessirree sportsfans, this is your Hippy dippy weatherman with today's various forecasts. Just don't kill the messenger. All temps are Farenheit. You Canadians are more adept at conversion than am I.

MikeM up there in Minnesota starts out with a bit nippy -15 with a wind chill of -36 as of 0634 darktime EST.

Kuki, on the other hand will enjoy a Balmy and sunny high of 48 today. Go figure!

Beenie Weenie, get out your lock defroster this morning. It's ten below outside with a windchill of -23. Your high will only be 11.

Jenn, You're at a very chilly 23 degrees below zero but your high is going to zoom all the way into the Beach weather department at 5 above.

Irish, you in Birmingham will have somewhat of a reminder of your time up North when you step out into 15 degrees this morning but your high will be around 37 so all in all, not too bad.

Bahamamomma, you'd best stay in doors this morning with a windchill of -23.

Donna and Delft, bundle up cause baby it's cold outside at 18 below and you'll only get up to 2 below for a high.

Trip, Boston will be somewhat typical at 4 above for the start of the day and a high of a chilly 15.

Sharon out in Tacoma wins the Beach prize for this grouping as she'll be enjoying a low of 36 and a high this afternoon of 47.

Foridanamaw, it ain't gonna' be the weather to which you've become accustomed. The low outside your door this morning is around 28-29 and the high will only be around 40.

Balabusta, it's also a bit chilly this morning in Virginia Bch at a current 3 below zero and your high will only be 6 above. It's definitely a chicken soup day.

There it is from your Hippy Dippy Weatherman for this Friday, the 16th of January 2009. Blessing upon each and everyone of our cruisemates and as per usual, special prayers out for those suffering illness or travail of any sort, especially again today for our beloved Luanne and Jim.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Admiral

Good Morning where the weatherman was right on target today. They said I was going to freeze when I went out this morning and they are right, I let them doggies out and I frooze........Doesnt take them long to take care of things in this weather. They are curled up again on my bed. My little geasture with the bumper will cost between 300-350 to fix. Oh well, I will get it done in the spring time.

Did a costco run yesterday. Toilet paper coupon, 32 rolls of 308 sheets. I get it. and realize that the package is 32 rolls 275 sheets. OK, where my sheets? I ask the lady if we have the wrong pack.No we have the right one. I show her the coupon. She said "oh theres a misprint". She asked if I wanted to return it. I said no, its OK, but you need to put up a sign that there is a mis print because people are not getting what they paid for. I sit down to eat a hot dog with DS, and she comes back, asks for my bill and says she will refund me an extra 10$. In Quebec and Ontario, if a price scans wrong, under ten $ item, it is free, over 10$, the item is 10$ off pluss the sale price. She said while it scanned the right price, it is the wrong quantity. So I thought that was fine. Of course my son took great delight that I noticed it, given that every one had bought it for a week, and the women said I was the first one who noticed.

Have to take DS to his medical card picture . When you have a drivers lisence, you need to go get your picture at an outlet and they use the same picture for you health card as they do the drivers lisense. It makes it easier as you take care of both things at once. Office today, and then try and rest a little. I am not feeling very well at all.

Have a good day every one.
Old January 16th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
For any Bostonians with a long memory, I say Todd, you are our own Don Kent, Cruisemates meteorologist. I love it!

I just got a call telling me I won't have the kids today. Nikki is suffering from horrendous migraines Funny, how I miss not seeing the kiddles. I hope my "baby" will do better as the day goes on

Watching the plane crash survival stories on GMA was amazing, so many heroes!!

Luanne, you ar our hero......

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 16th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

As Todd forecasted - very cold. The good news...it has warmed up a whole degree in the last hour, it is now -28 at my house! Yippee.

I do have to venture out to work for a bit, but as dh reminded me, the car will not start if I have it parked outside for more than a few hours, so I will work fast and skedaddle home. Then this evening we have a concert at church - a bunch of the teens at church have a pretty lively band, and they are doing a benefit concert. Everyone who comes is to bring non-perisables for the food shelf, and the love offering will go to put fuel in the oil tanks of needy in the area. I hope people will come out even tho' it is so miserably cold. With this cold spell, many people will be suffering as it will take so much fuel to just keep their homes tolerable.

Well, yesterday I had my dr. appt. It took a long time. Had to have a cardio gram before I could leave. It was a routine appt, but I had some new developments, and dr can't tell if I am having an acid reflux type problem or a heart prob. Today I will go get the meds he has prescribed, call back in a couple weeks, go back in two months. I had all my blood work yesterday, they did a poor job, the blood stopped filling the vials and they just kept wiggling the needle in my arm pulling it out a bit and putting it back in, it was not the best. Will wait to hear today when I will have my bone density test scheduled and when my physical therapy appts will commence. I am so tired of all these medical things. But, what can you do...

Delft - my doggie did not linger this am while doing his chores...Keep hanging in there. Rest if you can.

Luanne - continued prayers coming your way.

Wishing all Mates a calm day
Old January 16th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Just went from -19 to -20....hope to see above zero today, we can only hope.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 16th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where Todd is certainly right on with the weather forecast. At the moment, it is showing -26C with a windchill of -35, which for those of you who speak Farenheit, is -31F!!
My doggy was in and out in record time this morning, believe me, and I may even forego her walk this morning, because I fell on the ice yesterday and I am hurting bad today.....

Another day stuck inside with the kiddies. They will be going bonkers, and so will I! Thank goodness it's Friday!

Once again, prayers for Luanne....

donna
Old January 16th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

Good Morning!

Gosh it's cold! I did the New Yorker thing this morning......thermal pants and a long sleeve shirt under my sweater, scarf, gloves and jacket. My car told me it was 28 degrees and icy when I left the house this morning. I work in a building near the state capitol of Louisiana. We can see the Mississippi River QUITE well from our office. The wind off the river cuts like a knife! I think I made the trek from the parking garage to the building in less than 3 minutes!

Stay warm!

Melody
Old January 16th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Default Re: TGIF and Its Cold, Weather forecast included

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH
Yessirree sportsfans, this is your Hippy dippy weatherman with today's various forecasts. Just don't kill the messenger. All temps are Farenheit. You Canadians are more adept at conversion than am I.

MikeM up there in Minnesota starts out with a bit nippy -15 with a wind chill of -36 as of 0634 darktime EST.

Kuki, on the other hand will enjoy a Balmy and sunny high of 48 today. Go figure!

Beenie Weenie, get out your lock defroster this morning. It's ten below outside with a windchill of -23. Your high will only be 11.

Jenn, You're at a very chilly 23 degrees below zero but your high is going to zoom all the way into the Beach weather department at 5 above.

Irish, you in Birmingham will have somewhat of a reminder of your time up North when you step out into 15 degrees this morning but your high will be around 37 so all in all, not too bad.

Bahamamomma, you'd best stay in doors this morning with a windchill of -23.

Donna and Delft, bundle up cause baby it's cold outside at 18 below and you'll only get up to 2 below for a high.

Trip, Boston will be somewhat typical at 4 above for the start of the day and a high of a chilly 15.

Sharon out in Tacoma wins the Beach prize for this grouping as she'll be enjoying a low of 36 and a high this afternoon of 47.

Foridanamaw, it ain't gonna' be the weather to which you've become accustomed. The low outside your door this morning is around 28-29 and the high will only be around 40.

Balabusta, it's also a bit chilly this morning in Virginia Bch at a current 3 below zero and your high will only be 6 above. It's definitely a chicken soup day.

There it is from your Hippy Dippy Weatherman for this Friday, the 16th of January 2009. Blessing upon each and everyone of our cruisemates and as per usual, special prayers out for those suffering illness or travail of any sort, especially again today for our beloved Luanne and Jim.

Todd
Katlady in Northern California (southern Cal will be warmer) low of 35 F and high of 66 F or Low 2 C high 19 C for those people in Canada. I didn't even bring a jacket to work cause it's going to be sunny.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old January 16th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............Todd.......you are right on.....wxcept er should make it all the way to 50 for today........can you say " Heat wave........tropical heat wave.....we're having a heat wave........" Sorry.......couldn't resist.........

Not much going on today.......Trip.....don't miss the wee ones too much.....hope your daughter feels better.......

Thinking of Luanne & family............

Y'all have a good day..............

Sharon
Old January 16th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Todd was almost to the degree we had this morning. It was 25 at our house, with a high predicted of about 50. Tonight will be even colder. I know we Floridians are wimps when it comes to cold weather.

Not much planned for today. The kiddos are out of school for a teachers work day, and then out again Monday for the holiday. My mom has them right now but I'll get them in a bit and let her rest for a while.

Still thinking about Luanne and her family, I can't imagine what this is like.

Everyone stay warm today.

Need some cruise help?
Old January 16th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the land of the frozen! Todd you were close. It is 15 below, after our heat wave today, we should make it up to 12 above, then snow on the weekend. More stuff I didn't order ! Hopefully by tomorrow the temp should be more tolerable in to upper 20's and I will quit complaining (about the weather anyway).

I have been a laundering fool. I feel like I am finally getting caught up. A 30 minute wash load that comes out extremely clean just blows my mind. I tried out the steam clean option on some bed pillows last night. Wow! they came out very white! D/H's undershirts haven't looked this good since they were new. I am hoping to be done with laundry sometime today. Then I won't be playing catch up anymore.

Todd, I am waiting to hear on some quotes I sent out for three jobs in South Carolina for a week in late February and the last half of April, if I can get these nailed down, I think the fam may make a few trips through your neck of the woods on our way. I'll let you know if it pans out.

Trip I am just in awe of that pilot's finesse. He was amazing. I loved hearing that he walked the aisles twice to ensure everyone got off before he bailed. The passengers were marvelous too. They waited to get the women and children off first and helped one another. What a great story.

Luanne Just want you to know you're still in our prayers and on our minds. No matter how weak you feel, you have shown amazing strength. You are an amazing woman.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 16th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Yes, it is rather cold here in Pittsburgh (GO STEELERS!) I had to do that...sorry

The kids had off here also...and again on Monday. They are already bored and calling to come here and play Warcraft. Spoiled brats!

Both of my sons had to work today. They are construction workers and work outside. My one son text me and told me that the longest they can work is about 2 minutes because their hands freeze. Just not worth it I said.

Thinking about Luanne also...

Darlene
Destiny-4/9/2000-E. Caribbean
Valor-5/11/2008
Liberty-5/1/2010
Pride 4/21/2013
Pride 9/8/2013
Imagination 11/11/2013
Pride 12/8/2013

LOVE TO CRUISE
Old January 16th, 2009, 10:48 AM
First Mate

Thinking of Luanne with continued prayers, as well.

Kept the faucet dripping last night. Worried about the pipes freezing.

Looking to book a cruise again right about now.....................thinking of Bermuda.

Hope you all have a good day.
Old January 16th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates!

Todd, your weather forecasts makes me glad I live in the Houston area! Our temp right now is 35 with a high today of 50. Brrrr, Baby! Stay warm, everyone.

Now that we are home, I have a lot to catch up on, here on the homefront. Since we have been going so much (and more trips planned), Don and declared this a staging area, not a home! We were gone 20 days or so, after Christmas, and got home late Wednesday night. We are taking a quick RV trip next week and then have to pack for the Blogger's cruise! I never have liked staying in one place long.

Luanne, you are still on my heart.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old January 16th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Admiral

Default TGIF And It's Cold. WEather forecast Included

Todd, as Katlady said, it's warmer here in Socal . . . 85-plus today, a beach prize, for sure.

Gym day for Keith. I have an appt. with the eye doctor this a.m. I talked with the oncologist last night and he wants me to have another round of antibiotics for a very stubborn infection.

I am thinking of Luanne and her family.

Have a good day, people.

Judy
Old January 16th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good Morning!..I really feel for you all where its COLD...How you manage to live where it gets that cold is beyond me..You all are making me feel guilty with our weather here in So Cal...I am not even going to tell you what the temps are here..

Trip and RD...My Butterfly had her puppy the other night..You wont believe how TINY she is...all 3 and a quarter ozs..

All of you getting ready to cruise have a great getaway!

Luanne sending our prayers to you and your family..

Kelly

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things
that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ Mark Twain
Old January 16th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Todd's forecast is pretty accurate for our neck of the woods. A pleasant day and weekend in store... just the city will be facing some melting and flooding problems as the record snowfalls from Dec. turn to thick slush before melting away.

Already had to help push some stuck vehicles on sideroads yesterday.

Have to take my mother to a lab for some bloodwork, and then going to drop her at an ill friend's place for them to visit, before returning to pick her up. Pretty soon I should qualify for my taxi license

Did get some good news from her Dr. yesterday, in that he's renegged on her order not to travel. So hoping to send her down to my sister in Az. next month while we're away cruising for most of the month.

Have a brunch meeting with Kuki Jr, his fiance and her parents on Sunday to discuss the kids wedding set for next summer.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 16th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Admiral

Todd - good job on forecasting except you forgot to mention the "dusting" of snow that turned into 2 inches and where's the sun we're suppose to get?! Yep cold here and if I'd looked outside before dressing for work, I would have just crawled right back in that warm little bed of mine and said not today!!

But no, I'm a dedicated government employee who trucked on into work today - while the military has a day off (training holiday) - no training just goofing off at home with their families and friends!!

So I'd better get back to work and clear the clutter......

Have a great day everyone and prayers for those who need them!!
Old January 16th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyW
Good Morning!..I really feel for you all where its COLD...How you manage to live where it gets that cold is beyond me..You all are making me feel guilty with our weather here in So Cal...I am not even going to tell you what the temps are here..

Trip and RD...My Butterfly had her puppy the other night..You wont believe how TINY she is...all 3 and a quarter ozs..

All of you getting ready to cruise have a great getaway!

Luanne sending our prayers to you and your family..

Kelly
She is so precious

Just one??? My smallest littler was 4.
She looks just like the litters of pups that my Jack Russell female and my Shih Tzu female would have. All puppies look the same at birth...so very weird.

So hard giving them up.

Darlene
Valor-5/11/2008
Liberty-5/1/2010
Pride 4/21/2013
Pride 9/8/2013
Imagination 11/11/2013
Pride 12/8/2013

LOVE TO CRUISE
Old January 16th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

[quote="REDWITCH 13
She is so precious

Just one??? My smallest littler was 4.
She looks just like the litters of pups that my Jack Russell female and my Shih Tzu female would have. All puppies look the same at birth...so very weird.

So hard giving them up.

Darlene[/quote]

Darlene yes we just got the one....There were two others but they were lost about 4 days before this one was born..This one is staying with us and going NOWHERE....It took me 8 years to have my first Chin litter!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things
that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ Mark Twain
Old January 16th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Admiral

So very precious!

I would feed the smaller ones. It was so cool to watch them drink from the small syrindge.

They loved the suppliment from the pet store. I loved doing it.

Darlene
Valor-5/11/2008
Liberty-5/1/2010
Pride 4/21/2013
Pride 9/8/2013
Imagination 11/11/2013
Pride 12/8/2013

LOVE TO CRUISE