Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

Good Morning

dina thank you very much!!! you were kind enough to think of me and send all that snow over my way!!! :evil: you are such a sweetheart!!! but next time, we would prefer a cruise instead. just picture me thanking you for that!!! on the bright side, i am happy that you have a clock to look at. wish i had PICTURES to look at that would make me feel better

wow ready... you sure can pick em... and of course the price tag matches your personality... "rich!" you know what i realized, you bring our cruise WAY UP!!
http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...litary=&state=

as for the rest of you... WAKE UP!!!
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old January 18th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Admiral

Carolin, really... you can keep the snow up there . We had our snowfall earlier this season and I hope it stays away. If we make it through February without any, then we are ok.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old January 18th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
Carolin, really... you can keep the snow up there . We had our snowfall earlier this season and I hope it stays away. If we make it through February without any, then we are ok.
A few days ago we hit our normal snow fall for the entire winter. Its January 18. I have 3 more months of flippin winter to look forward to. I'm going to spread this joy to all of you.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old January 18th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

dina,

I would like some snow instead of the ice we get!
Old January 18th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Admiral

Hi, guys!

O.K., I won't rub it in, but we are sure having a beautiful day, today! It is gorgeous out, with a temp of 64 or so. Blue skies, lots of sunshine. Everyone should live in Texas! For those of you freezing your behinies off, hang in there. Spring has always come, eventually.

Walter, c'mon! Book with us! You have 14 months to save for it! It will be a brand new ship! You know you will have cruise-envy if you don't!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old January 18th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

ready,
Keep rubbing it in!
Old January 18th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Admiral

James, I'm good at rubbing it in!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old January 19th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Good morning HIH

So you know I was watching football last night. I've been invited to my neighbor's house to watch the Super Bowl. I think I'll do that instead of going to another party I was invited to thats about an hour drive away from me.

Old January 19th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

Good Morning!!

dina... just remember... no drinking and walking

ready... i am thinking about it... waiting for a price from Korrine... i remember something about 3 types of balconies, so just booking on that monster is going to be a learning experience. we will see what happens and keep you posted.

wheres my buddy bj? i guess she got a cold when the temp dropped all the way down to 72 i have no one to pick on

hey noid... how many of the cooking things do you win???
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old January 19th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Admiral

walter - sure you what to buy my house; the bathroom is "Almost" done. LMAO... just got to texture the drywall and paint; then the final cleanup.

wow it was cold Saturday, something like 38 degrees, I went and played golf but I had on a pair of tights, then a pair of jeans, then a pair of those windbreaker pants; also had on three shirts, one sweatshirt and another windbreaker. I could barely walk much less swing the club. the wind was nasty & the golf carts didn't have the windshields, so I spent most of the time hiding behind the cart from the wind. and we made hot coffee with Bailey's Irish Cream in it. so of course I had to try it again yesterday, but it was about 10 degrees warmer.

NCL? Carolin, maybe next Feb will be a NCL cruise; how about a cruise out of the East to Bermuda????

and who is rubbing what in on whom?

welcome Pocono Pug!
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 19th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Good morning!

Marty, hmmmmmm, let me see... how long did I say that it would take to complete your bathroom? I'm gonna win!

Walter, BOOK IT! You know you won't regret it.
Mariner of the Seas

Old January 19th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Admiral

darlene: I guessed the 2nd week of Jan you were closer.
I could have finished last night, but by the time I got back with the texture paint and new paint, I said PHUCK It. . so since it is gonna be cold all week, I am gonna paint on Saturday if warm enough (need to open the windows while painting as I can't stand the smell of paint). - I might start texturing tonight; if it doesn't smell.

well the Cat (aka Monet, aka FatBastard Jr) already broke in the bathtub!!! - busted him getting ready to take a peepee in my new tub - that cat is soooo lucky I didn't kill him; its not like I go take a bath in his litter box phreakin cat, if he wasn't Erik's mom's cat (she passed away and we inherited the cat) he would be kicked to the curb (just joking);
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 19th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by msblackjack
NCL? Carolin, maybe next Feb will be a NCL cruise; how about a cruise out of the East to Bermuda????!
the only reason I was asking is because my ex is going on the Norwegian Sky the day after we get back from our cruise. I was wanting to know if anyone had been on it and what they thought of the line.

Old January 19th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Admiral

bj you gave me an idea... we will just switch for the winter!!! knowing how much you missed the snow... and how much you want to hang with your childhood friends... this is a perfect plan!!!
Old January 19th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfhawk60
bj you gave me an idea... we will just switch for the winter!!! knowing how much you missed the snow... and how much you want to hang with your childhood friends... this is a perfect plan!!!
ahhhh H E L L NO! lol - I wouldn't last 2 days in that kinda cold.... nice try Walter

Dina: that would probably be a good ship for him; he is MUCH more Laidback than you - personally I think I would be bored witless on the NCL lines.

Bmama: where are you? What's the scoop on NCL
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 19th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by msblackjack
Dina: that would probably be a good ship for him; he is MUCH more Laidback than you - personally I think I would be bored witless on the NCL lines.

Bmama: where are you? What's the scoop on NCL
Yeah.. I tend to be high energy on the dance floor all night and partying by the pool. Ah.. so those ships are low key.. no party on the Lido.. kind of cruises?

Old January 20th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Admiral

good morning all.....

went shopping last night - unplanned - found 2 sundresses for the cruise; they were $11.88 a piece love the JC Penney sales
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 20th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Good morning HIH.

Hmmmm.. OK sounds like I need to get out to JC Penny's and take a look. I pretty much have everything for the cruise but a new dress for dinner would be very nice.

Old January 20th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Hey All,

someone wanted to know about NCL - I just did a cruise on the Spirit 1-4 thru 1-11. I wasn't all that impressed - but here's some hi-lights that stick in my mind.

Sunday - welcomed on board with champagne - and once you are on the ship they start badgering you to sign up for all the different liquor tastings that will be held later during the cruise (each tasting is 15.00)

You must read the Dailies if you want to know what's going on throughout the ship - they don't do a lot of announcments and when they do you can barely hear them. Also, the week I was on the ship - the Dailies were not legible - apparently their printer was not working properly and lot of information was difficult to read so you had to go to Reception to find out what you might be missing out on.

It seemed like every morning in Raffles (the buffet area) you had to ask staff to fill/re-fill the orange juice.

Not many activites held in the pool area and staff picked up the lounge chairs every night between the hours of 5-6 p.m. - so basically nothing going on in the pool area at night.

In the theater - if you wanted to sit in the front row - there was a drink minimum of 25.00 (never sat in the front row)

no biggie - but only had three towel animals and two of them were the same!

and one night in the buffet, I lost it when I found hair in my salad - I couldn't eat for a day and half - seriously!!!

Also, noticed that the staff was friendly, but a bit standoffish - like they were afraid to be found "goofing off" with the passengers

And you know how each cruise line has their mascot- well, NCL has a mascot - an alligator - but we didn't know about it until we saw the "Sailaway pics"

Pictures cost 14.98 and you didn't get any extras like a frame or anything

The "gift shop" was really small and all in one area. They didn't seem to have the bargins that Carnival and RCCL have -

If you wanted to do a tour of the Galley - well there was a charge for doing that -

Oh, and they really do take your wine/liquor if you try to bring it on board
they took my wine and if I wanted to drink it I'd had to pay a $15 corkage fee, well my bottle was a twist off top no cork so of course I wasn't paying them $15 to open my bottle and I told them that!!! So they held my bottle until the end of the cruise.

Ok, I can't think of anything else - if you have questions I'll try to answer them.
Old January 20th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Admiral

bmama: sounds like NCL is not for me - yet ---- .

Carolin: I actually bought 4 dresses (only 2 were 11.99); the other two were 28.00 LMAO. - I figure packing dresses is easier than slacks/pants, tops, etc.... so I have more room for shoes...& sangria

I had every intention of buying just (1) red dress for the cruise (I liked the one you wore the last time; and also there is something so "hot" about a red dress) and every red dress I tried on didn't fit right; so I ended up with 4 dresses: 1 black/white party dress; 1 black/purple/white cocktail dress; 1 white/w/pink sun dress and 1 green/turquoise sun dress... - I am ready to start packing !!!!!

where is everyone? you all will get a laugh out of this, I am such a wimp, I also bought ladies "long johns" yesterday; wearing them today as it is "supposed" to get cold.
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 20th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Admiral

Your right. It is much easier to pack those rather then several other outfits. More then likely, you'll see the red dress again. I will be looking for others for our trip. I will not be packing the leather outfit this trip. its staying at home. HAHAHA

Old January 20th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Admiral

Bmomma - Thank you for the mini review. Yep.. NCL is not my style. At least its not my style just yet. This information really helps.

Old January 20th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Admiral

Hello friends. Trying to stay warm... brrrr. Seems like the older I become, the harder it is to stay comfortable. Wish I had a cruise planned. Actually, I do I just don't have a date yet.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old January 20th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Admiral

Dina and MsBJ -

I've been on Carnival and RCCL previously and I was trying to be open minded about NCL - I know I sound somewhat negative. My cousin and I said we might try NCL again and see if it's any different on another ship. I've been comparing their cruises and port of call against Carnival and RCCL and I think I'll stick with those two lines and not bother with NCL again.
Old January 20th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamamomma
Dina and MsBJ -

I've been on Carnival and RCCL previously and I was trying to be open minded about NCL - I know I sound somewhat negative. My cousin and I said we might try NCL again and see if it's any different on another ship. I've been comparing their cruises and port of call against Carnival and RCCL and I think I'll stick with those two lines and not bother with NCL again.
I interchange Carnival & RCCL; not much difference between the two; (except for the ship's decor, but seriously after being at the pool all day, I can't tell the difference LMAO) but I wanted to try NCL because of the anytime thing, but the more I learn, the more I am certain that it just may be tooo laid back for me - right now--- in my mind, I picture it as a honeymoon type cruise, you know where you don't really leave your room much and ya don't care if you meet other people or not.
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 20th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Admiral

well as a rule rccl has a broader verity of multi nationals... BIGGER BETTER SHIPS (yep, fighting words )... besides that it is important to compare ships in the same size class. the size does make a difference on the activities going on/available , the larger ships has areas set aside for kids.. the smaller ships put the kids where ever they have space at the time, and about a hundred other little things. our first choice so far is rccl, who knows maybe HAL will push them both down the list??

oh yeah... Good Afternoon
Old January 20th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Pocono Pug

it doesnt look like I'll be cruising NCL anytime in the future after reading bahamamamma's review

Monarch of the Seas 3-92
Celebrity Century 7-96
Dawn Princess 2-97
Enchantment of the Seas 11-98
Rhapsody of the Seas 8-99
CCL Inspiration 8-08, 8-11
CCL Valor 1-09
CCL Glory 11-09
Old January 20th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Admiral

hey wally what's up?

hey pocono - since you are new to the gang you gotta answer rescue's questions.... which I have to dig up, let's see they are around here somewhere.... ahhh here they are:
==========================
Questions ala Rescue:
So what is your name?
where do you live and why?
what age range are you in?
how many cruises have you been on?
are you married?
Any documented mental conditions?
Will you be a hit, bash and run poster or are you here for the duration? And..........oh.....let's say I wanted to buy you a Christmas present...........ummmmm what size bra would I need to buy? This question is strictly for.......like in case I wanted to buy you a present.
Do you hate firemen?
Do you like rednecks from virginia?
How do you feel about men who wear earrings?
What do you think of Texas?
Do you shop at Walmart?
Do you think large breasted 1/2 mexican women should run for President?

These are just general questions we ask all newbies to our thread so pony up!
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 20th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Admiral

Good evening!

Been a busy girl, today! Had to take care of all that necessary stuff that I have been putting off for 3 or 4 weeks.

Marty, sounds like you did a good job shopping! Dina, you better catch up.

Walter, you are so right about RCCL definitely has the multi-nationals! On our cruise 54% were from other nations.

Pocono, you clock is getting shorter and shorter!
Mariner of the Seas

Old January 20th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Admiral

Ladies,
Great choice with the sundresses!!!! They are great to wear on windy days!!!
Closed Thread