Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2009, 04:14 PM
Admiral

Gooood afternoon!

I just got home. I did the nice thing and helped serve food, following a large funeral. So rarely am I here, when volunteers are needed, I decided to do my part, today.

I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather that we have. It's one of those glorious days! I need to bottle some of this, and ship it up to Dina and Walter!

Walter, thanks for the review. My DIL has booked a cruise for the Majesty of the Seas, leaving May 25th. Since I don't have room for any more clocks, we're not joining them on this one. It is only a 4 day, but they had an airfare credit that needed to be used, so why not book a cruise! Isn't that sound logic?

We will be hitching up to the RV again tomorrow. On the road again!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old April 22nd, 2009, 07:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

oid,
I'm as busy as a an old man can get. It's like one step forward, and two back.
No complaints tho, I'm alive and kicking!
Grandchildren are all doing good, Phillip is going thru his teen years, and sometimes needs to be motivated!
Old April 23rd, 2009, 07:49 AM
Admiral

well good morning all

James I be that motivator was well placed

well we are booked; for a mini-trip to Vegas for my mom's 85th birthday; she is so ready to go; she even said if her foot isn't healed she'll rent a dayam wheelchair; this from the lady that I can't even get her to use a cane, crutch or walking stick to help with her ankle; every time I mention it she gets angry as a bear and tells me to buzz off. the downside it is just the two of us going as my brothers and sister had their vacation time "froze". damn economy..my sister may just call in sick and go.

and in early may we are having visitors at work from the Netherlands; going to be quite interesting; hoping to go to Netherlands to train over there.
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 23rd, 2009, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Good morning HIH

YAY for your trip Marty. I hope you have a great time on your trip. I do wish I was going with you. You know how much I love taking trips.

Are we there YET??? hehehee

Darlene - have a great RV trip!

James - I need to be motivated lately. Can I borrow some of yours?

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old April 23rd, 2009, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Hi everyone - a bit rainy here this morning - hopefully the sun will come out as predicted and it will warm up to the upper 80's and then it will be hot and humid - not my idea of spring weather!! but that's ok, should start bringing out the mushrooms!!

BJ - have an aunt who will turn 85 in May and she sounds just like your mom - she wants to be on the go constantly - nothing seems to keep her down! and boy does she love to cruise! - it's always, when are we going - are we there yet!! we love her to death!!

everyone have a great day!
Old April 23rd, 2009, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dina
Good morning HIH

YAY for your trip Marty. I hope you have a great time on your trip. I do wish I was going with you. You know how much I love taking trips.

Are we there YET??? hehehee

Darlene - have a great RV trip!

James - I need to be motivated lately. Can I borrow some of yours?
Good Morning everyone!
Our weather has improved so much it's spooky!

Martha,
Trying to be of help to the grandchildren sometimes is harder than it was with our children!
I found I have a very fine line to walk, I try to be of help and always remember I'm the grandparent,and not the parent.
One thing I'm good at when the time comes is I'm there for the family.

dina,
Boy can I motivate! ROFL

ready,
Enjoy your "Road Trip"!
Don't forget I have some good ideas for a road kill cookout! ROFL

Walter,
I wouldn't mind younger women except they run too darn fast!

noid,
What's for dinner?

bmomma,
I guess your weather like ours has improved.

rescue,
Where art thou?

mehawk,
You doing good?
Old April 23rd, 2009, 02:27 PM
Admiral

we were going to go on a short cruise; would have been easier and cheaper; but I want to stay on land in case something happens/just to risky right now to take her cruising; too many things to trip/slip on

I could use a good motivator as well, but hell I should drink a devesator than I wouldn't worry about a thing.....

well back to the grind (that oughta pull rescue out of hiding)
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 24th, 2009, 04:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

Good Morning

who wants to help me dig french drains today???

see how easy i am to please, all it takes is a smile
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old April 24th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

Walter - that does sound like fun. I'd do anything to stay outside today rather than be couped up in an office.

James - since it is so nice, I would like to be grilling out for dinner but my evening schedule is so booked as soon as I get off work. I sure can see a bowl of cheerios in my future. Maybe tomorrow some grilling.

Ready - I can't wait til I'm retired to see if I can keep up with your travels.

Everyone else - get up and get your day started it gonna be a great weather day today!!!!

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old April 24th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Admiral

hey Wally, you dig man!

Noid: agreed, would love to be outside today; a beyutiful day it is...

happy TGIF all..... too bad work is on the agenda....
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 24th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

dang hippies!!!
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old April 24th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Admiral

Good morning HIH

Well... I get to work tomorrow. YAY for me... NOT. I'm going to miss the pretty day but hopefully not all of it.

I want to be like Darlene too..... I'm living/cruising vicariously through her. Please wiggle your toes in the sand for me next time.

Walter - I'd rather be doing my upgrade then digging ditches... good luck with that.

I had big plans this weekend to take advantage of the hot weather and do some BBQ. We're talking pulled pork my friends. If I can swing it, I'll be able to get it put on and tend it in between working. *grumble*

Old April 24th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Good morning!

O.K. here's my tale......

Remember last month when we went to the Limbs of Love Sky Dive event? Well, we had so much fun, we decided that we wanted to pull the RV over here for the weekend and just watch. We were invited this specific weekend, because they are attempted to break the current state record for largest formation. They have attempted twice, since we have been here, and have been real close, but not quite. To break the record, they need 166 person formation. They take off in 7 planes and climb to 12,000 ft. Really, really cool to watch. The participants in the TSR (Texas State Record) jumps are here by invitation only, from 15 different nations, and paid $875, to participate this weekend. Unfortunately, the winds are not cooperating. The planes are currently on a wind-hold.

I'm here to tell you, that people who jump out of perfectly good airplanes are some crazy sums of britches! There is going to be a huge party here (here being the where the 12 or so RV's are parked -- not put on by the owner of the company) tonight and tomorrow night. Complete with a band, and a 30' x 30' plastic lined bubble pit. There is one guy in the group that they call Mad Max, who is an engineer and I think he sits around drinking all night, and thinking up things to try. The bubbles are created with a carpet dryer (blower), soapy water, and a burlap sack. He got some high-dollar solution that doesn't burn the eyes.

They have 3 large BBQ pits going, and a rolling kitchen. There is also a trailer with a small refrigeration unit, keeping 8 kegs of beer cold. These adrenaline junkies that their partying very seriously! My, my, my! Should be an interesting weekend!

Also, Walter, I'll bite...... what the heck is a french drain?
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old April 24th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Admiral

basically a french drain is a ditch, filled with pipe and stone, used to redirect ground water. this is the start of mines... add several hundred feet more and a depth of about 3 feet and you will have a idea of why dina doesnt want to help me

Old April 24th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Admiral

thats not a ditch.. thats a trench. Walter I've told you many many times. Reenacting WWI is just not what one does in your neighborhood. No matter how much you wish for the good old days. hehehehee

Old April 24th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Admiral

hmmm did she just call me old???
Old April 25th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Admiral

My cruise clock is getting shorter!!! I have the approved time off papers in my hot hand so I can go!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old April 25th, 2009, 11:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

Glad to hear that you get your time off Michael. You better get packing!!!

I've been entering several contests yesterday and today. Just one a piece for the different ones so if I get lucky, I get lucky.

Everyone must be enjoying the day today since no body except me and Michael visited.

Have a nice hot day again tomorrow!!! I love this warm weather!!

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old April 26th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfhawk60
hmmm did she just call me old???
Never!! Your like fine wine. You get better with age.

Old April 26th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
My cruise clock is getting shorter!!! I have the approved time off papers in my hot hand so I can go!
Wooohooo.. Great news Michael. Wish I was going too.

Old April 26th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Good morning HIH

I finished up my work and enjoyed a evening out yesterday. I went to a facebook meetup. Yep.. a whole group of us got together. Mini cooper was in full effect. HAHAHA

Today I'm going to make a pork roast. I was going to make pulled pork but didn't have enough time to marinate the pork. Grrrrr...

Old April 26th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Admiral

Home again, home again, jiggity jig!

Well, the weather definitely did not cooperate for sky diving. Therefore all these adrenaline junkies had to party, instead.

Mini Cooper, this crazy group will be in Chicago at Summerfest (I think they said in July) and I told them that you needed to be there! Look it up and put it on your calendar. You won't be disappointed, I promise. And you don't have to jump out of a perfectly good plane! Oh yeah, they are called the Anvil Brothers. Great name for sky diving group, huh?

Next trip will be in a couple of weeks, to spend a week at the river and we will simply go wherever we feel like. Probably Colorado and Utah. Not sure how long we will be gone.

Michael...... Yippy, yippy, yaaaaaa! Get to packing!

Noid, good luck with your entries, I know you're going to win with one of them, one day! Don't give up. And Cooper, pork roast.... yummy!

Oh Walter, you're not old, you're just now getting broken in!
Mariner of the Seas

Old April 26th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Admiral

after a nice quiet weekend like this.... i expect you all to be gun ho for work tomorrow!!!

so how much is it going to cost me to have you guys teach my wife that kind words for the old man trick???

Michael... i am glad you got things turned in your favor

noid... i think you should invite us all to come taste all this food!!!
Old April 27th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Good morning HIH

Walter - we can try to help Sana with that but I'm not sure she will want to. hahahaha

Darlene - I may have to do that. I would like to go back to Chicago some time this summer anyway.

Amber - good luck with your contests.

Michael - get packing buddy. Will I fit in the luggage?? hehee

Its going to be absolutely beautiful today. I'm working at home today. I have a contractor coming in to put insulation in my attic. This will really help me out on my bills AND I get a tax credit.

Old April 27th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning!

I'm sleepy! Oh well, I'll get going here, in a little while.

It's going to be a busy day. I have to go to the bank, this morning, to be there when they tap out the lock on a safe deposit box, that I got, never used, and promptly lost BOTH keys to. One of those blonde moments (years), I guess. A little later we are taking my F250 to have some additional gauges mounted. We will be towing in the mountains and I sure would hate to burn something up, that I may need...... like a transmission! Anyway we will be down to 1 vehicle for a couple of days.

Other stuff to do, too, but none of it exciting, just necessary.

Hope everyone enjoyed your weekend. Remember there is another one just around the corner!
Mariner of the Seas

Old April 27th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Hey guys I am still around! Just never have computer time.Same old carp working 80hrs a week, 2 baseball teams and now trying to get the head coach job for our towns little league tourament team which, if they win, can make it to the LL world series. Probably won't happen because the whole thing seems political and cliquie. I am not going to be lumped in with all those goofball, know it all dads. If they want it they can have it. But haven't seen any one of em teach a kid anything yet. Thats why I coach, to teach.

Other than that, there is nothing new in the life of rescuedad. I am suddenly boring!
Old April 27th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfhawk60
dang hippies!!!
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 27th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Admiral

hey I think I heard something, I think it may have been rescue;
just like him; pop in for a quickie and he is gone again,.....

wow; you guys just suddenly made me feel boring; every one has something going; Mehawk - WOOT! glad you are going cruisin; you need it.

hell, digging "French" drains is more exciting that what I have been doing; which is NOTHING.... just work and helping my mom, but I do have the Vegas trip to look forward to...

Darlene - ANVIL brothers, too funny
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 27th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Thats all I have time for these days.....quickies!
Old April 27th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from wet/soggy Ks. - I'm ready to share this rain with anyone who wants/needs it!!! The creeks are filling fast, the fields have standing pools of water and the rain is to keep on coming until at least Thurs. Now the temps have dropped about 20-30 degrees - I do believe it's going to be one of those years.

I'm at work but not in mind/soul - would love to be doing something else -
like being at the casino or cruising or anything but work!!

Hope you all have a great day!