Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

BJ - if you take work and travel out we are ALL boring......EXCEPT for our lovely traveling Darlene. No one can stop her!!!!!

I just got our reservation set for the beach trip in June. This will be my youngest first time at the beach. She turns 9 in May and she is already keyed up about going. It will be a priceless time.

Rescue quickies are good!!!!! Even at noon time too!

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old April 27th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Well.....i'm sittin here doin nothing lol
Old April 27th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Admiral

hey rescue - two posts in a day.... its a miracle....
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 27th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Admiral

Wow, Rescue! It's good to see you haven't forgotten us! I miss your stories of all the strange and unusual and just plain goofy people, who cross your path! I don't think your life will ever be anything but busy. I need to come to Florida and show you how to just chill.

Noid, what beach are you going to? Your daughter will have so much fun.... good for her! Take along lots of sunscreen, Mama. You won't be able to get her out of the sun, once she is there.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old April 27th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Admiral

Darn, here is another thing Walter will not be able to cross off his bucket list; nude hiking in the Alps (brrrrrrrr)

Swiss heartland voters ban nude hiking in Alps
By HARRY ROSENBAUM
Associated Press Writer

APPENZELL, Switzerland (AP) -- Voters in the heart of the Swiss Alps on Sunday passed legislation banning naked hiking after dozens of mostly German nudists started rambling through their picturesque region.

By a show of hands citizens of the tiny canton (state) of Appenzell Inner Rhodes voted overwhelmingly at their traditional open-air annual assembly to impose a 200 Swiss franc ($176) fine on violators.

Only a scattering of people on Sunday opposed the ban on the back-to-nature activity that took off last autumn when naked hikers - primarily Germans - started showing up in eastern Switzerland.

The cantonal government recommended the ban after citizens objected to encountering walkers wearing nothing but hiking boots and socks.

"The reactions of the population have shown that such appearances over a large area are perceived as thoroughly disturbing and irritating," the government said in a statement.

A similar legal move is expected in neighboring Appenzell Outer Rhodes with legislation being prepared against "this shameless behavior."

German Web sites promoting the activity describe it as "a special experience of nature, free and healthy" and said nude walking in the Alps has roots in antiquity.

The verdant Appenzell region has been regarded as a favorite, with trails the nudists regarded as off the beaten path.

The German sites also promote walks in France and in regions of Germany, where public nudity has roots going back to the 18th century through a movement that has come to be called "Free Body Culture." Nudism in more conservative areas of Switzerland is less common.

A similar legal move is expected in neighboring Appenzell Outer Rhodes. The nationalist Swiss People's Party has advised the cantonal parliament it is preparing legislation against "this shameless behavior."
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 27th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseNOID
Where is Bobby - he hasn't give us our weekly humpity hump.
I will {HUMP} for you guys this week.

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old April 27th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Admiral

Walter when is your flight booked for for Switzerland?

Rescue - it wasn't noon when you came back in. No quickie for you - you are on your own for that one!!

Ready - we are going to Myrtle Beach, SC but it really is Garden City just south of all the masses of people. It is more family friendly. Luckily she is a tanner. She has such a good start to her tan already just from this past weekend. She already has her activities planned. She wants to go crabbin, go to the buffet, and build a sandcastle. It will be convenient because we are right beside the pier so in the evening we will hop on over to get icecream at the little shop and listen to the music they play at night. I can't wait! It is a little small but it works. We stay there frequently. http://www.dunes.com/rental/house.html?PMSID=DS30202

Hey BOBBY I am here with you while I am typing the post!!!!

Old April 27th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

good evening

WoW... mention one little nude cruise, and send one little link for a youtube magic show, and your marked for life!!!!

rescue... good to see your still kicking, which must be better than i am doing since dina and ready think i am old, and bj is building my bucket list!! think there is a message in there someplace??

dina... whats that saying about teaching new tricks to dogs, since i want to be around to try bj list, your going to have to fill in the blanks on your own
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old April 28th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfhawk60
good evening

WoW... mention one little nude cruise, and send one little link for a youtube magic show, and your marked for life!!!!

rescue... good to see your still kicking, which must be better than i am doing since dina and ready think i am old, and bj is building my bucket list!! think there is a message in there someplace??

dina... whats that saying about teaching new tricks to dogs, since i want to be around to try bj list, your going to have to fill in the blanks on your own
walter a while back weren't you and rescue discussing climbing the Grand Tetons .... that is why I thought of you, but if you would like me to build your bucket list give me a holler LMAO
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 28th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

Good Morning!

bj...
1) i did not see rescues name in your post
2) you seemed to think it would be a cold trip ??
3) if you write my list, then i get to write yours... picture yourself on a stage with a red hankie you up to going one on one with me??

noid... looks like a nice resort, bring back pictures!!!

the rest of you... WAKE UP!!!
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old April 28th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Quit hollering! I'm awake, I'm awake!

Good morning!

I've decided that I don't need a bucket list. If there is something I want to do, I just try do it. Maybe I need to expand my thinking. No Walter, I don't need your help, but thanks for offering.

Marty, I sent you an e-mail yesterday, did you get it?

Not much on my agenda today. I'll check back later!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old April 28th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone - just passing thru this morning - have lots of work to do here at the office - and no time for playing -

wish I were outside today as it's beautiful - the temps are crisp, and the sky is clear and a beautiful blue - our one day of no rain and I'm stuck in an office with no windows!! tomorrow we're promised more rain that will last til early Friday morning - just what we don't need!!

hope you all have a great day - don't climb too many mountains or trek thru the woods - never know what you might encounter
Old April 28th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Admiral

the only mountain I want to climb is a mountain of pillows for a long nap... geesh I was up with insomnia all night and there isn't crap on TV after 2:00 am.... except for some pitchman screaming "Your gonna love my nuts" as he slams a chopper/shredder gadget on the counter....
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 28th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon HIH.

Did you ever find yourself talking to someone and realizing they don't have a clue what your saying? I'm talking to one of the clients today and while I'm pretty sure I was speaking english... they think I'm talking in some other tongue.

Michael - are you done packing yet?

Darlene - I've been checking off things on my bucket list for a while now. I have a few more things to take care of.

Hi Bobby and Will

Walter - I've tried to teach old dogs new tricks... now I just play with puppies.

Bmomma - I hope work lets you drop in again soon.

Amber - When are you taking that trip? Sounds wonderful.

Joe - I'm so glad you haven't forgotten about us. Your missed.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old April 28th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dina
Good afternoon HIH.

......... Walter - I've tried to teach old dogs new tricks... now I just play with puppies.

I decided long ago that I didn't want to raise 'em, I just wanted to play a little while!
Mariner of the Seas

Old April 28th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by msblackjack
the only mountain I want to climb is a mountain of pillows for a long nap... geesh I was up with insomnia all night and there isn't crap on TV after 2:00 am.... except for some pitchman screaming "Your gonna love my nuts" as he slams a chopper/shredder gadget on the counter....
TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!! I was up all night too!!!! Between having a 3 hour Nuclear med test done this morning (HIDA Scan), I could literally fall asleep at my desk. Anytime I have to do something medical it just kicks the life out of me. Hate all that crap with a passion.

Darlene - We are hitting the beach in June right after school is out. Can't wait!

Old April 28th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Admiral

the only thing about puppies is they aren't toilet trained

Amber - I know what you mean hate going to any kind of doctor or dentist... it rates right up there with flying...
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 28th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Admiral

Carolyn wrote: Michael - get packing buddy. Will I fit in the luggage?? hehee

There is always room for you!

Not packed yet. I will travel light this time. Lots of rain this am. We had 11.5 inches in a 24 hour period at my place. Today is my daughter's birthday.

How did my other Houston friends do with the rain?

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old April 29th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Admiral

{{{{HUMPITY}}}} {{{{HUMPITY}}}} {{{{HUMP}}}}

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old April 29th, 2009, 05:10 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

Bobby... i see you couldent hold out till wed the whole once a week thing never worked for me!!!

Michael... we would call a foot of rain in 24 hours a river!!! hope you guys are keeping your feet dry!

ready... i cant help it... being helpful is just in my nature. besides i have a lot of really, REALLY good ideas

puppies!!! now you know if a guy said the same thing he would have to have his food checked for poison maybe what you guys need are old dogs who can teach you new tricks???

WOW 150 to 200 for roses??? really??? :evil: time to come up with a better plan, any ideas??? i mean these things last a whole of a week at best. i would be better off adding another 100 and getting a watch or something that will still be around years from now!!
Old April 29th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Admiral

Goooood morning!

Last night we went to Chuck E. Cheese with the PGB. It is hard to believe that she is 5 years old. Her "real" party is Saturday, this one was just the grandparents and Mama and Daddy. It is fun to watch her having so much fun.

Today looks better than yesterday, did! WOW! Michael, I'm surprised that you weren't having to do the backstroke! We didn't get as much rain as Michael. We got several inches with the first wave, but the 2nd and 3rd wave stayed north of us... and right over Michael, I think!

Bobby, it's never too early for a Humpity Humpity Hump!

Walter,

And also, Walter, what'd I miss? (A short memory is such a terrible thing to waste) Who's getting roses and for what? A special anniversary?

Marty, yeah, I hate when their not potty trained. You can't take them anywhere.

Noid, what is an HIDA Scan? Not familiar with that one. I'm probably glad.
Mariner of the Seas

Old April 29th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Admiral

puck the roses, give me diamonds ..... what a waste of money; diamonds are an investment roses are landfill

hey Bob; see you were the first one out with the hump...

I am a little behind schedule today... playing catch up

Mehawk; we need that kind of rain...
single digits.... yippeeee

Carolin talking to people that hear different soundwaves is definetly a pisser and happens alll too often... I am having one of those days....
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 29th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk

Not packed yet. I will travel light this time. Lots of rain this am. We had 11.5 inches in a 24 hour period at my place. Today is my daughter's birthday.

I always travel light. hahaha Even on a 8 day cruise I can do with just a carry on.

Old April 29th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon HIH

It was a busy morning for me. Again wrangling with those guys who don't seem to know what I'm talking about. But its quiet this afternoon so thats all good.

I've decided to fight swine flu with swine.. Everyone eat more bacon. You know I'm joking. I hope all my texas friends are doing all right.

Michael - Is your ship suppose to have Mexican ports?

Old April 29th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Admiral

i think i read on the main page that carnival, and a few others, was skipping Mexico for the next week or so???

Carolin... i cant even get people to understand most of my post here so your way ahead of the game!!!
Old April 29th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dina
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk

I always travel light. hahaha Even on a 8 day cruise I can do with just a carry on.
My kind of girl

I am going to Cozumel. I feel confident.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old April 30th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Admiral

morning everyone.....

Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 30th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Admiral

ROTFLMMBO - Marty.. that is priceless.

Good morning HIH

I'm jealous of Michaels countdown clock. *sigh* Call me human. HAHAHA

The weather here is slowly getting there. So much rain in the forecast but thats expected. I keep checking for our cruise we want next year. Are we there YET?? hahaha

Walter - Don't worry hun.. We understand you especially after all these years. haha

Old April 30th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Admiral

Hi everyone ! It's yucky here in Ks. all it does is rain! and I'm tired of it
who ever sent it my way can keep it - fields are flooded the creeks are bank full - and soon some of our low lying areas will be flooded - it's really miserable weather -

I had to reveiw a job description - and as I read it I thought, what the???
this is exactly what I do - and I'm not a GS-12 - so I had someone else review it and they said - yep you do this but it's not a 12 position this is more like a 9 so now I've got to see if I can get my job upgraded to a 9 and help re-write the so called 12 position - who ever gets the 12 will be my boss - just anything to get me upset about work! Now if I could get a 9 I'd stay on for 3 more years and then retire but if not I'm going next year -

Everyone who's close to cruising I hope you have a great time and please take all the necessary precautions so you don't get the flu -

hope everyone has a great day!
Old April 30th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamamomma
Hi everyone ! It's yucky here in Ks. all it does is rain! and I'm tired of it
who ever sent it my way can keep it - fields are flooded the creeks are bank full - and soon some of our low lying areas will be flooded - it's really miserable weather -

I had to reveiw a job description - and as I read it I thought, what the???
this is exactly what I do - and I'm not a GS-12 - so I had someone else review it and they said - yep you do this but it's not a 12 position this is more like a 9 so now I've got to see if I can get my job upgraded to a 9 and help re-write the so called 12 position - who ever gets the 12 will be my boss - just anything to get me upset about work! Now if I could get a 9 I'd stay on for 3 more years and then retire but if not I'm going next year -

Everyone who's close to cruising I hope you have a great time and please take all the necessary precautions so you don't get the flu -

hope everyone has a great day!
Good grief.... Yep I recognize military mumbo jumbo when I see it. HAHAHA

Closed Thread