Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

Good Afternoon!!!

bj... we really need to work on your morning outlooks!!! what happened to that sweet little girl that use to post knock knock jokes??? just because noid is the new baby doesn't mean we don't still love you!!!

dina... it has been years hasn't it... funny how fast time is flying when you look at the big picture!!! you guys better get on that group cruise while this old man is still on his feet!!!
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old April 30th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Admiral

hahaha I think one of these days we will all be on a ship together one of these days. You just need to cruise in Feb with us.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old April 30th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Admiral

OUCH! WHAAA!

Our cruise has been........

CANCELLED

I just got the prerecorded message that it has been cancelled. Crud!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 1st, 2009, 07:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

Good Morning

another week bites the dust

i want to take a min to thank the people with bad weather for sending it my way. its cold and dark out here, looks like the rain will start any min. just what i need while digging up the yard :evil:

Michael... sorry to hear about your cruise. was it the flu or a problem with the ship? seems that every other post these days has something to do with the flu

dina... i think we will need to retire before we can hang out with you spring breakers!!! with any luck you will run at a normal speed then, and maybe we will be able to keep up!!!
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old May 1st, 2009, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
OUCH! WHAAA!

Our cruise has been........

CANCELLED

I just got the prerecorded message that it has been cancelled. Crud!
I'm so sorry. I knew how much you were looking forward to this. I'm sure your going to rebook. Look forward to that.

Old May 1st, 2009, 10:50 AM
Admiral

It's Friday! Hopefully everyone has some good weekend plans.

Michael, oh maaaan! That really stinks! I know that Carnival thought long and hard before cancelling all those ports. That is a lot of lost revenue for the Corporation. Hopefully you will be able to replace it with another choice.

Walter, I'm waiting on you to retire! C'mon on in, the water is fine!

Busy day for me, with this-n-that.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old May 1st, 2009, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Good morning HIH.

Its sunny here today and I hope it gets just a bit warmer but I'll take whatever comes. Its Friday and thats all that matters.

Walter - I'm not sure when I'll every slow down.. *beep beep* hehehe

Old May 1st, 2009, 12:21 PM
Admiral

whew... catching up.......

Dayam Mehawk soo sorry your cruise was cancelled; but better safe than sorry, would hate to hear that you were sick on another cruise....

I was so busy yesterday I didn't even notice that my post didn't post....and I already forgot what i said..... been running around wiht my mom, trying to get some answers/resolution on her foot injury; she had a MRI and we go back on Monday; .... don't think it is good news..

well ya'll behave now
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old May 2nd, 2009, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Good Morning Everyone,
Have a Great Day!!!
Old May 4th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

boy that must have been some party you guys had this weekend!!! who has the photos???

the line for the aspirin is on the right

so it looks like carnival Canceled two trips/ships to Cozumel, i cant even imagine keeping ships at the dock for 3 days, empty, burning fuel for power, paying docking fees, paying/feeding the crew, food stock sitting around, and i am guessing that they are giving the booked passengers some kind of credit. WOW

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/crui...cid=CC_HMPG_42

dina... "never give up, never surrender!" the better half is always asking me when i am going to grow up!!

bj i hope there is nothing but good news for mom!

ready... i wish, but thats not going to happen any time soon, we are still paying college bills and a mortgage

James... come up for air!!!
Old May 4th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Admiral

good morning gang.... hope everyone is ready for the work week... I'm not but I will pretend that I am.
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old May 4th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Good morning HIH. Today work begins on my new porch. I'm so excited about that. When I get home today, the old crumbling concrete will be gone. I'm sure my neighbors will also be happy to see it go.

Marty - I love that movie. I might have to watch it today when I get home. I've decided not to grow up just yet. hahaha

James - I was a grillin fool this weekend. It was the perfect weather.

Michael - Are you looking for a new cruise?

Old May 4th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Morning Everyone - I came back to work to rest today - weekend was very busy and I could very easily take a nap right now!! Wanted to drop by and see how everyone was doing - and seem like you are doing well except for the glitches in some plans - hope those with cruise plans cna get them changed to their satisfaction! - I need to get focused on work - but I don't have a lot of pressing things so that's good - I can go at a slow pace - hope you all have a good day!
Old May 4th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Pocono Pug

Hi all,
I havent been on all that much lately have been quit busy at work and didnt really have time to post anything. I hope all is well with everyone. Everything is good in my neck of the countrty. Andy

Monarch of the Seas 3-92
Celebrity Century 7-96
Dawn Princess 2-97
Enchantment of the Seas 11-98
Rhapsody of the Seas 8-99
CCL Inspiration 8-08, 8-11
CCL Valor 1-09
CCL Glory 11-09
Old May 4th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Good Morning Everyone!

Walter,
I haven't had the time to do much except stay busy here on the " Homestead"!
Trying to get caught up on everything that comes with Springtime.The weather isn't cooperating,rain, rain, and more rain.

dina,
I'm way behind on my cooking time....
This weekend I'll fix Joyce a nice Mother's Day dinner. At least I have been helping with the cleaning and laundry!
Old May 5th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

boy have you guys slowed down!!! pretty much seems it is the same all over. i set up the vacation plans for this summer and i have never seen so many timeshares up for exchange at any one time. looks like a lot of people will be staying home this summer, at least in the US. the UK ,ie London and area, is still booked solid.

James... are you telling me that you cant find indoor trouble to get into??? i can only guess/hope that your weather is getting better, we are expecting rain all week. dont think it can rain everywhere at the same time so far just very light rain and drizzle. if its has to rain i hope for just enough for me to check the slope for my ditch.

bj... snap outta it!!!! dont make me come down there!!!

dina... blond roots??? maybe i should check??? think i duck now
Old May 5th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Good morning HIH..

My porch project is underway and coming along nicely. I'll be posting pictures as it goes along. I just hope its done this week. It all depends on the weather and how quickly they get the holes inspected.

Old May 5th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Admiral

hey good morning everyone

things are picking up a little bit here, so I am not online as much... plus still taking mom to the doctors, etc... they found another fracture in her heel bone... ouch...

well gotta go - gotta give my statement to the police; accident in front of my office; kinda scary
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old May 5th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Good Morning to Everyone -

Sunny and in the 60's at the moment, but that can change anytime here in Ks. Will be off line for the next 2 1/2 days as we are moving to our other farm - the house there is newer, and bigger and has had complete remodeling done on the inside - so I'm packing boxes and moving them - this weekend we'll move all the furniture and then maybe I can get my home computer hooked up and working again -

hope the weather starts cooperating for everyone - we have to re-plant 45 acres of corn because of the excess rain - and then finish the corn and start on the bean planting - hope the rain slows down!

Later, have a great day!
Old May 5th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Admiral

Howdy boys and girls!

Well, I may be retired, but good grief, I sure have been busy. Lots to do before hitting the road next week. Trying to get everything in order to be gone 4-6 weeks.

Also, found out today that a friend passed away from cancer, another friend's uterine cancer has returned, and Joni's mom is having a hard time. Be thankful for good health!

Bahama, I don't envy your task of moving, but I know you will enjoy the new abode!

Dina, I'll have to check out the pics of the new porch. How nice!

James, what are you cooking for Mother's Day?

Doesn't sound like anyone is doing anything to get into trouble, so get out there and have some fun!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old May 6th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Admiral

Since it's after midnight -

{{{{HUMPITY}}}} {{{{HUMPITY}}}} {{{{HUMP}}}}

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old May 6th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning HIH

Here's the my porch torn up. I should have more pictures as they start the build.

Happy hump day Bobby

Old May 6th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Admiral

hey Bobby G what's happening & a happy hump day to you

well the clock is ticking down 8 days til vegas babeeee... dreading the flight and packing but excited; my mom certainly deserves this trip...

yesterday morning was very stressful? not sure of the right word, but there was a car accident right in front of our office/shop; a suv ran a stop sign and broadsided a young woman; the young woman (maybe 20) was laying in the intersection; I had no idea what to do; I was just trying to keep her calm and keep her from moving "anything"; which was hard because she was face down in the road

everyone else was just standing there like it was a show; the other driver was unconscious and her foot was still on the gas pedal and the suv was going in circles, until it hit a tree; I had to yell at the people watching to shut her vehicle off -- geesh, it was like a twilight zone

the young girl was in soo much pain; but she told me what happened; then starting freaking out, I asked her if she wanted me to call anyone; and she started screaming for her mom and then rattled off so many digits that I couldn't make any sense of a phone number out of them; then she passed out... just writing about it is giving me chills all over again.... but a police officer arrived right as she passed out; so I let him take over... she came to for a little bit, but I think they Bayflighted her out.... I really felt so helpless - the cop was a bit odd - he started to take my statement then went over to someone else; I was the only one that heard what the girl said and it was clearly the other person's fault - but I have a feeling the other driver's family is going to push the fault on her...
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old May 7th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Good morning HIH

My contractor has already shown up and is busting up the rest of the cement to haul away. I can't wait for the deck to be done so I can be out there. I'm thinking about putting my grill up there. I'll see. After this its saving up money for my cruise.

Old May 7th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Admiral

carolin - you will have a nice place for a BBQ; when am I invited
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old May 7th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Admiral

You know your welcome any time. I suggest summer since you get freezly. HAHAHA

Old May 7th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Pocono Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by dina

I hear Michigan is beautiful in the early summer. Party at Carolins place.hehehehehe

Monarch of the Seas 3-92
Celebrity Century 7-96
Dawn Princess 2-97
Enchantment of the Seas 11-98
Rhapsody of the Seas 8-99
CCL Inspiration 8-08, 8-11
CCL Valor 1-09
CCL Glory 11-09
Old May 7th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono Pug
Quote:

I hear Michigan is beautiful in the early summer. Party at Carolins place.hehehehehe
checking on airfare right now

and Carolin I love the word 'Freezly' yes I do get Freezly really easily... hee hee
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old May 7th, 2009, 04:31 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by msblackjack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono Pug
Quote:

checking on airfare right now

and Carolin I love the word 'Freezly' yes I do get Freezly really easily... hee hee
HAHA Call it a deck opening party. Summer is quite lovely here. I highly recommend

Old May 8th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Admiral

gooooooooooooood morning everyone; so glad its Friday; a busy week - almost forgot what it was like to be slammed with too much to do.... ah well I should be grateful that the work is coming in...

Mehawk... when they cancelled your cruise did you get any "rebooking" deals....
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Closed Thread