Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2009, 02:32 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by msblackjack
you got a minute; cause I got a story.....

as you know I have to travel occasionally for work; we had a job to clear late evening on Sanibel island yesterday and one first thing this am on Ft Myers Beach, so we decided to stay at a "beach hotel" - okay I know going in that beach hotels are generally not up to par so I don't expect much, but......

we book a room; we were told it had a queen size bed, well the only thing queen size about the whole room was the headboard (most cruise ship cabins were bigger than this room) , the bed was tiny, but okay I could live with that for one night, but darn it was cold so I go to turn the heater on and WTF??? there is no heat setting on the AC unit, so I say no biggie I will grab an extra blanket out of the closet, but NO extra blanket in the closet but I did find an ancient relic space heater... so I plug the space heater in and holy heck; that thing was louder than a Harley Davidson without exhaust... so okay no biggie, got heat, now it is time to watch Grey's Anatomy...welll, let's just say after I rewired the TV cable because the connector was disconnected for the cable, all I got to see was friggin SNOW, so I patched it up using a band-aid, okay I can see the channel but there was lines running through it but the volume (on the TV was crystal clear, so I could hear them..(after I turned the loud Bass heater off).......there was nothing to do but laugh about it, I didn't feel like calling and complaining, it was cold, late and we were tired... (didn't get much sleep as everyone the space heater kicked on I was woken up; had nightmares of Harley's crashing through the room) lmao

oh yeah, almost forgot as we were pulling into the street which the hotel was on, a big Bass cat ran out in front of us, slam on the breaks and just about got whiplash, then as I am walking up to the lobby, the SAME FREAKIN cat runs across my path trying to trip me (conspiracy I say) then as we are going up the steps to our room a litter of baby kittens (can we say AHHHH); try to trip me... (I was going to take one of the kittens home as a reminder, but I couldn't catch the Wily Bast@rd, which is what I was going to name him.

so don't even ask me how dinner went............
And Sanibel is suppose to be a resort Island.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old January 23rd, 2009, 02:37 PM
Admiral

Noid - where, when and on who?

Bmomma - SWEET! What ports and how long?

Old January 23rd, 2009, 02:40 PM
Admiral

[quote="dina"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by msblackjack
And Sanibel is suppose to be a resort Island.
well the resorts on Sanibel are PRICY, so we stayed at the Lighthouse Inn & Resort on Fort Myers Beach; we have stayed there before and it has been Okay. I would love to stay on Sanibel for a couple days, but it is more for the bird watching, shell searching crowd, I would get bored after awhile unless we were out fishing.
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 23rd, 2009, 04:04 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Pocono Pug

Hey Mates,
This will be my last post before setting off for Miami. We're really excited, just gotta few minutes so Ill give you all a review when we get home. See you all in about 10 days.
Andy

Monarch of the Seas 3-92
Celebrity Century 7-96
Dawn Princess 2-97
Enchantment of the Seas 11-98
Rhapsody of the Seas 8-99
CCL Inspiration 8-08, 8-11
CCL Valor 1-09
CCL Glory 11-09
Old January 23rd, 2009, 04:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono Pug
Hey Mates,
This will be my last post before setting off for Miami. We're really excited, just gotta few minutes so Ill give you all a review when we get home. See you all in about 10 days.
Andy
Have a safe and enjoyable cruise!
Old January 23rd, 2009, 09:35 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseNOID
HELLO EVERYBODY!!!!

Marty - Well, I did it. I bought the car. Let me just say -- I just hate doing that kind of stuff. It almost sends me into a serious shock stroke out mode. It was the 2008 Dodge Avenger that I ended up with.

That will just teach my old car to start puking on me...I trade it in. But if anyone were to go out and look at the reviews on an '02 Dodge Intrepid; I was the next victim of the car's plague.

Well since I am totally exhausted, I'm gonna hit the bed early tonight.
Lady, there is nothing like the sound of my small block chevy V-8 as I crank it up and again, when I let the ponies run!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 09:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

Ok HIH - who has been on the Destiny and who has ported out of Tampa.

Initially I thought we were gonna do the 8/3 KW and Coz on Imaginaion but I think we are gonna end up 8/1 out of Tampa on Inspiration Grand Caymen and Coz. \

Anyone have any opinions, comments, recommendation, on the ship, port, etc?

It is 561.73 vs 738.65 which includes the grat's taxes and fees.

Give me an opinion quickly!!!!!!! I have to book today!!!!

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old January 23rd, 2009, 10:37 PM
Admiral

Ok you ding dongs - I AM BOOKED

8/1/09 - Inspiration - 5 days - Grand Caymen & Cozumel.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Old January 24th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono Pug
Hey Mates,
Andy
Have a safe and enjoyable cruise!
Bon Voyage Andy

Old January 24th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Admiral

Good morning HIH

YAY for booking your cruise Amber.

It's a nice day so far. I have a few things to take care of and then I'm going to be in relax mode

Old January 24th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Admiral

Well, I caught up with the posts.....

Congrats on the bookings, Noid and Bahama! WooHooooo. It always feels so good to have something to look forward to!

Bahama, give me dates for your cruise... we have GOT to meet up when you're in Galveston!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old January 25th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Admiral

The flu bug is still here. Five month and counting...

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old January 25th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Good Afternoon HIH'ers!
Slow day here on the thread
Old January 25th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Admiral

James - KEEP THIS WEATHER FORECAST - I DON'T WANT IT!!! FOR MONDAY EVE

STORM TOTAL SNOWFALL OF 4 TO 8 INCHES WILL BE POSSIBLE IN THE WATCH AREA... AS WELL AS ICE ACCUMULATION OF AROUND A QUARTER INCH. HOWEVER... THERE IS STILL UNCERTAINTY AS TO THE EXACT TRACK... AND THUS TYPE OF IMPACTS... FOR THE STORM.

Why do you always send me your weather??? After friday, 66 degrees, it kinda made me have spring fever.

Michael - sorry to hear that AGAIN. Start taking vitamins and keep hand sanitizer with you.

Old January 25th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Admiral

Amber,
Sorry about that. We have the same forecast except we are getting hit now! It's BRRRRRR COLD here!
Old January 26th, 2009, 05:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

good morning

i love to see new cruise clocks!!! for a group of people who never talk about cruising, we have a pretty good assortment of clocks going. now all we have to do is make it over seas. so for those of us that are retired (hint, hint, the three of you know who you are!!!) the rest of us are waiting for reviews

the temps here are expected to be under freezing for at least the next 10 days. not that they ever manage to get the weather right. time to plan a trip to someplace warm

adults only from here... sorry noid

bj... your running in slow motion. whats up??? one would almost think your getting old or something!!! sun dresses??? what happened to the hot pants??? you do realize there is no age limit for g strings right? just ask ready and dina!!!

hmm... old, young, young who dress like old... think i managed to get a shot in at everyone, if i missed anyone let me know

RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old January 26th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Admiral

I'm hit - I'm Hit; you got me Walter! not nice picking on me on a Monday am; but what the heck, it is usually a bowlful of Madness on Monday mornings anyways.... okay you must have pictured the sundresses that go to your ankles.... with big flowing skirts.... just think shorter my friend.

carolin: soooooooooooooooooon we are cruising SOOOOOOOOOOOOON.

Mehawk: GET BETTER RIGHT NOW darn it! that is way to long to be sick.
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 26th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Good morning HIH

Marty - I know.. One more month. I can hardly stand it. I still haven't booked a post cruise hotel. I'll do that this week. I'm thinking I would like to stay one more night by the beach before going back to the deep freeze. I think one night in Ft. Lauderdale is calling to me.

Walter - We're suppose to get up to 19 degrees today.

Amber - 66 degrees.. Very nice.

Michael - OUCH! Sorry to hear about the flu. I hope you get better real soon.

Old January 26th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Everyone!
Hi Ya Walter! Ya freezing your buns off yet? We are having some weather like dina is. What do you say we all go visit Martha?
Anyway one more week of this stuff and we will be in N.O. and perhaps it'll be warmer there.
Old January 26th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Caught up on the postings -

My cruise in 2010 is Jan 17-24, on Carnival Conquest. We are at present planning on arriving on the 15th of Jan and staying at the Best Western. I hope all of you in the Galveston area can give us ideas of what is a must do and must see while there before cruising.

And, yes Ready would love to meet up with you!! I've already started my list for this cruise - you'd think I'd never been on a cruise before for all the lists I make for each and every cruise - but it seems that I'm the one who has to make the arrangements for hotels/travel etc., so any more I just start as soon as we know where we're going!!!

I just realized as long as I talk about cruising the cold weather doesn't seem to bother me - as it's cold here today and we're expecting a nice snowfall today and tomorrow - (nice, what's wrong with me?! - oh yeah I'm thinking about my cruise!!!)

Okkkkk, I think the weather is affecting my brain, so I'd better get off here and get to work!! Have a great day everyone!
Old January 26th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Admiral

I think I will be adding one more cruise clock for 2010. A cruise out of Baltimore will be such an EASY drive.

We are still trying to decide to drive or fly to Tampa. It is only 14 1/2 hours. Southwest airlines have been running some last minute flight specials ex. 2/2 29.00 one way to Tampa out of Pitt. I am amazed already in the gas mileage the new car gets compared to the old one.

I might add Walter - don't forget about thongs. G Strings and Thongs are two different things.........eeeeerr what about none at all??? Can't forget about the times when jsut none will do.

The kids ended up having school canceled to day after the start off with a 2 hour delay. It acutally looks like they will be NOT having school tomorrow or Wednesday.

Bahama - I totally agree. The weather doesn't seem so bad when you have a cruise on the brain. Not even looking 187 days left!!!

BJ - Walter must be keeping up to date on the latest fashions in LA. Those are they types of dresses they are wearing there now and they look like Little House on the Prarie dresses but strapless.

Old January 26th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Admiral

quote from Noid: "BJ - Walter must be keeping up to date on the latest fashions in LA. Those are they types of dresses they are wearing there now and they look like Little House on the Prarie dresses but strapless. " he must subscribe to people magazine .
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 26th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Admiral

Good morning, gang!

The subject today is sundresses -- tawk amongst youselves.

I'll be gone most of the day. I'll be taking lmy DIL's mom to a medical appt in Houston. I'm glad to be able to help her -- she is still having some issues wth the side-effects to the anti-rejection drugs.

I can see the smiles on the faces, of those with new clocks! See why I keep so many booked!

Hey, where is Will? He hasn't checked in in several weeks. I hope all is well with him. Surely the grill will be burning next weekend, for that football game.

Michael, what is up with you! What does the doctor say about the fact you are still battling this mess? That just isn't right! Make you an appt with a pulmonary specialist (if the congestion is in the lungs). This sure soundslike more than just the flu!

If we all had our own jets, we could jet to the warmer weather, each day. Our temp for today is 67, but Wednesday's high will be 47. sheesh!

James, first drink is on me! Wait.... I don't think that sounded right.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old January 26th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Admiral

ready tooo funnny - body shots

okay here is a possibility for a cruisemates cruise:

The 2,376-passenger Norwegian Jewel homeports for the first time in New York, along with the 2,380-passenger Norwegian Gem; both ships will sail a series of 10-day Eastern Caribbean cruises with stops in San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; St. John's, Antigua; Philipsburg, St. Maarten and Tortola, British Virgin Islands; and seven-day Bahamas & Florida cruises with stops in Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida; Great Stirrup Cay (NCL's private island) and Nassau, Bahamas.

I would be willing to do this cruise in Feb 09 .... we could liven up the NCL and possibly be asked never to return...... this would be easy for Walter, Carolin, Noid & Bmama??? driving time; the rest of us would hve a hike
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 26th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Sounds like James and Darlene are going to be doing body shots.

Old January 26th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dina
dina,
Wanna join us?
Old January 26th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dina
dina,
Wanna join us?
there was an episode on Rock of Love (this is a show about a middle aged rock star trying to find true love); they took body shots to a whole new level; in fact, the two females involved were booted off the show; the shot glasses were placed in --- how to say this without the censors kicking me off the thread--- they were placing the shot glasses in their "kitties" okay I probably just offeneded all of us......
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 26th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Admiral

Aren't those girls some of the most defective, warped, no self worth, etc girls you have ever seen???? If I were Bret - I would actually be quiet embarassed, insulted, etc to have to host a show like that. The first run of episodes were ok but this new group of girls is just disgusting. It really changes the ability of liking his music anymore.

I'd love to go but there are only balcony and suites left for the 7 day bahama one.

Old January 26th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Admiral

Good grief.... And this is "reality" tv. I'll pass.

James - I'm pretty sure this isn't a group activity.

Old January 26th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Admiral

Martha,
Sounds cool to me,at my age it's better wild than mild!
Closed Thread