Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseNOID
Aren't those girls some of the most defective, warped, no self worth, etc girls you have ever seen???? If I were Bret - I would actually be quiet embarassed, insulted, etc to have to host a show like that. The first run of episodes were ok but this new group of girls is just disgusting. It really changes the ability of liking his music anymore.

I'd love to go but there are only balcony and suites left for the 7 day bahama one.
You checked already??? so we can get teh suite for all of us

Noid: this new episode has picked up the cream of the crop - wait no, the skudge that floats on top of the sewer water -- is what they have; there are maybe two that are decent ladies; and one almost got voted off. I think Bret is now skankier by association.

re:
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 26th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

What the heck do you expect me to do while sitting here at work????!!!! I play the sit and wait game once I kick of some programs to run.

Just like now.

I can not believe how GOOD my kids have been home alone today.
Now this is very unusual, if they see something in the house to eat, they eat it. They have called me asking if they can have a twinkie and a juice to eat for a snack. I am very proud of them! They have been playing Dance Dance Revolution and some other Hannah Montana game.

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old January 26th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Admiral

Rescue: this one is for you!!

Redneck ninja on Jerry Springer; hilarious

Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 27th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Good Morning Everyone!
If you are watching the Weather Channel, you know we are in middle a Winter Storm.
dina,Amber, and bmomma, I hope this storm misses you!
You too Walter.
This is a nasty one for sure
Old January 27th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRT
Good Morning Everyone!
If you are watching the Weather Channel, you know we are in middle a Winter Storm.
You too Walter.
what the heck, another one? JamesRT why don't you just leave for New Orleans now?
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 27th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Oh I can not focus on work right now. I think I will sneak out an hour early go home. The oldest is in a play tonight and I need to get ready for all that.

Speaking of Joe, he is never around anymore. I miss his updates cause I thought my life was hectic sometimes but he takes the cake. I'll make it bake it and send it since he makes me feel so much better when I hear his stories.
You hit it on the head cruise! I'm never around cause of my hectic life! I do have a new story but can't post it here and it's more a story for the guys anyway. Can say that for the second time in my life I walked into the wrong bar, the first was a gay bar 25 years ago and this one was, well......lets just say that most, no, all people thought I was the wrong color. What are the chances since in the past 25 years I've been to a bar, by myself, like 4 times! No wait I forgot the Hawaiian bar I walked into. Now that a story! Wait their is one more, the day I thought I was gonna get killed by a Hells Angel for beating him at pool cause my immigrant uncle who is half my size accused him of cheating hmmmm didn't I say 4 times in 25 years? wow didn't realize all the bars I walked into were dangerous. I am done with bars.
We will be heading to NC next week skiing so there will be bound to be stories to come. Baseball starts again this week so will be busy working, working and coaching little league plus all the other stuff I have to do.
Old January 27th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRT
Good Morning Everyone!
You too Walter.
I am at home today keeping warm and out of the SNOW!!!!! We now have about 5" working quickly on 6. I went ahead and shoveled the porch, a path to the car, and cleaned the car off. Started it up to get wark to maybe assist with keeping the snow melted off of it.
I have to run out for an appt at 2. BUT THE SNOW KEEPS COMING!!!!! We'll I will have to say that I'd much rather the snow that is here than the ice that coming next tonight.

Old January 27th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuedad
Quote:
Oh I can not focus on work right now. I think I will sneak out an hour early go home. The oldest is in a play tonight and I need to get ready for all that.

Speaking of Joe, he is never around anymore. I miss his updates cause I thought my life was hectic sometimes but he takes the cake. I'll make it bake it and send it since he makes me feel so much better when I hear his stories.
You hit it on the head cruise! I'm never around cause of my hectic life! I do have a new story but can't post it here and it's more a story for the guys anyway. Can say that for the second time in my life I walked into the wrong bar, the first was a gay bar 25 years ago and this one was, well......lets just say that most, no, all people thought I was the wrong color. What are the chances since in the past 25 years I've been to a bar, by myself, like 4 times! No wait I forgot the Hawaiian bar I walked into. Now that a story! Wait their is one more, the day I thought I was gonna get killed by a Hells Angel for beating him at pool cause my immigrant uncle who is half my size accused him of cheating hmmmm didn't I say 4 times in 25 years? wow didn't realize all the bars I walked into were dangerous. I am done with bars.
We will be heading to NC next week skiing so there will be bound to be stories to come. Baseball starts again this week so will be busy working, working and coaching little league plus all the other stuff I have to do.
what a tease!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PM the story, email the story; what the heck
did you check out the redneck ninja link I posted; I wonder if he is related to NOID.
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Admiral

It's still cold here, and we had something on the ground which made driving hazardous to your health!!! I don't worry to much about myself - it's all the other fools on the road at 6:10 a.m. when I'm trying to get to work!!!

This is the last week of Jan., maybe Feb will be better ( cross fingers) we can only hope -

And, I don't want to be at work - I'd rather be at home - I have too many little projects I'd like to be working on!!

Have a safe day everyone - don't go out unless you have to especially if you have lots of ice/snow in your area!!
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Admiral

what story? I couldnt cause I am at the FD and can't view streaming media.
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning HIH

It's been one heck of a night/day for me. Last night I was sound asleep. And I do mean sound.. I'm a heavy sleeper. IAt midnight, I hear pounding on my doors. It took me a while but I bolted up and ran down the stairs. I grab my phone and look out the front window. There's two cop cars and two cops in front of my house. My car was blasting and blaring in my garage. What the??? I open the door and the cop tells me they had been trying to wake me for a while. My car had been going off for a while. they click it and it stops. By then I was totally awake and rattled. I get ready to go back to bed. The car goes off every couple of hours on its own. This morning I take it to the dealership. I don't know what the heck is going on but I know this isn't right. I'm still waiting for them to call me.

Joe - you know I want to hear this story. hahaha You do find more trouble to get into.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old January 27th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Admiral

Wow! It's a Joe sighting! I'll be gone next week, so I'll say it now.... have fun playing in the snow! I hae a feeling there will be plenty of it!

James, stay safe. I was remembering the storm(s) you had last year and find it amazing that they are saying this is the "worst" in 20 years! That is scary!

Dina, boy that would have gotten my adrenaline going! The alarm on our truck was set wrong, and would chirp just for the heck of it -- chirp chirp chirp chirp! Drove me CRAZY! Especially in the middle of the night!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old January 27th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dina
Good morning HIH

It's been one heck of a night/day for me. Last night I was sound asleep. And I do mean sound.. I'm a heavy sleeper. IAt midnight, I hear pounding on my doors. It took me a while but I bolted up and ran down the stairs. I grab my phone and look out the front window. There's two cop cars and two cops in front of my house. My car was blasting and blaring in my garage. What the??? I open the door and the cop tells me they had been trying to wake me for a while. My car had been going off for a while. they click it and it stops. By then I was totally awake and rattled. I get ready to go back to bed. The car goes off every couple of hours on its own. This morning I take it to the dealership. I don't know what the heck is going on but I know this isn't right. I'm still waiting for them to call me.

Joe - you know I want to hear this story. hahaha You do find more trouble to get into.
Carolin - were the cops cute? did you buy a haunted car? don't want to freak you out - but this happened to a friends car, it turned out a huge Bass snake was in the car climbing in the wires - of course, there isn't a snake alive that is going to be climbing around in your weather....
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 27th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Looks like we are just skirting it from a lot of the nasty stuff. Punch in 26101 in weather.com and look it. I don't know how we are getting so lucky to have gotten a break.

OMG I am so bored have an at home day. Kids just ran outsideto play in the show for a bit.

Old January 27th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Admiral

Its damn cold here. It snowed a little bit last night.

Darlene - It scared me a whole lot.

Marty - I don't know if they were cute or not.

Old January 28th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Admiral

Well it is a matter of time before we lose electricity. We have got a good build up of ice on EVERYTHING and parts of southern Ohio and western West Virginia has lost it already.

Looks like I will be off another day from work.

I worked on finalizing my recipe for a contest. The name of it is Creamy Key Lime Crisps. I made the batch and have them ready for DH to take to all the troopers and staff in the office tomorrow for their review and opinion. I wish you all were here close so you could taste test for me too.

Well, time for me to finish up a few things before bed. I gotta get a few things prepared and ready just incase we do lose electricity.

Old January 28th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

marty... the real question is "did the cops think dina was cute at midnight???" that should give the guys something to think about all day and there is a new rule... marty is no longer allowed on utube!!

dina, next time hand the cops the camera instead of the keys

i want to thank all my buddies for taking the time to sent their bad weather my way. i had to get off the mountain... cant afford to get snow bound right now.

so ready, body shots hu... and your having problems figuring out what vibrations, from your house, your truck picking up that had it chirping????

rescue... so it took a ems worker how many years to fiigure out bars???
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old January 28th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Admiral

happy HUMP DAY alllllllllll speaking of Hump's where has BobbyG been? he & Will seem to go missing at the same time.... hmmmmm.

all you guys getting hit by the storm; be safe; stay in...
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 28th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Morning Everyone - I think our snow is over (for now) - so hopefully everyone will get to say that very soon!!! suppose to start warming up today and continue until early next week - then we'll have to see what Mother Nature brings us!!

Have a good day - don't do anything I wouldn't do!!!
Old January 28th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Admiral

YEAH. We didn't lose power last night. There are a lot of wrecks everywhere though. IT's raining right now but supposed to turn back into snow. When will spring be here??!!

Time to get started on another cookie recipe. I have until 2/15 to submit them. A perfect day to bake when you are stuck in the house.

Old January 28th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Quote:
YEAH. We didn't lose power last night. There are a lot of wrecks everywhere though. IT's raining right now but supposed to turn back into snow. When will spring be here??!!

Time to get started on another cookie recipe. I have until 2/15 to submit them. A perfect day to bake when you are stuck in the house.
QUit it! you are making me hungry

I baked a cranberry bread last week and didn't have Orange Juice (Amish receipe) so I used applesauce instead. Man I think I like that better; it made a nice heavy breakfast bread.
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 28th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfhawk60
marty... the real question is "did the cops think dina was cute at midnight???" that should give the guys something to think about all day and there is a new rule... marty is no longer allowed on utube!!

i want to thank all my buddies for taking the time to sent their bad weather my way. i had to get off the mountain... cant afford to get snow bound right now.

so ready, body shots hu... and your having problems figuring out what vibrations, from your house, your truck picking up that had it chirping????

Walter - I was frightened out of a very deep sleep. Believe me there's nothing appealing about a scared woman with bed head.

Old January 28th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by msblackjack
Quote:

QUit it! you are making me hungry

I baked a cranberry bread last week and didn't have Orange Juice (Amish receipe) so I used applesauce instead. Man I think I like that better; it made a nice heavy breakfast bread.
Got it done. It is a Cranberry Key Lime cookie with a buttercream frosting on top.

Cross your fingers and say a prayer for me so that it all finally pay$ off.

Old January 28th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Admiral

Hello HIH

I got my car back with no resolution to the alarm attack. The service guy said that it could have been a door not shut exactly right. I just know I don't want it to happen again. Bonus is my car is under warranty so no cost to me.

OK.. one more thing to be excited about for our cruise. Food & Wine is having their big South Beach tasting at the time when we'll be there. WOOHOOO!! My kind of precruise fun.

Old January 28th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Admiral

Quote:

This one totally had me fooled Walt. It turned out cool and the owner invited me back but I have to PM you the story.
Old January 28th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Admiral

Alright - where to stay if we are porting out of Tampa?????

Old January 28th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Alright - where to stay if we are porting out of Tampa?????
lots of choices; here is my favorites:

Marriott Riverside; get a room on top floors; awesome views and within walking (short cab distance to port). they have a parking garage there at Marriott if you are driving

Hard Rock - just because its the Hard Rock; again cab ride from airport to Hotel and from Hotel to port no expensive

Hyatt Downtown tampa; nice and clean, great indoor bar & Staff
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 28th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuedad
Quote:

This one totally had me fooled Walt. It turned out cool and the owner invited me back but I have to PM you the story.
tease tease; come out on hump day; tease us then retreat back to your hole......
guess you are gonna have to tell us this story in person
(Whispers to Walter; PM me the story if he PM's you)
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 28th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Admiral

Good evening! Been busy today with this-n-that.

Rescue, you are such a tease! Do you really think that this story is worse that some of the ones in the past? C'mon, if you share with one, you have to share with all. That's the rules of the playground.

Noid, Cranberry Keylime cookie! Yum-my! I wouldn't have a clue, as to how to evey START to come up with a new recipe!

We have friends doing a TA on the NCL Gem in November. I think Don is leaning toward us joining them. Not my first choice, but oooooo kkkkkkk, if we must. We shall see. We would fly to Barcelona and end up in NYC.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old January 29th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning HIH!

We are suppose to get more snow today. Thats officially it. The suit case is coming out of the closet and I'm going to plan out what I'm wearing on the cruise. *gives weather the finger*

Marty - If I run into any packing problems, I'll let you know if I'm sending anything down. I'm booking my last night in town at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper in Ft. Lauderdale. Before I come back to the flippin cold. I want to dip my toes in the ocean and feel the warm sun on my face.

Amber - Damnnnnnn.. Those cookies sound awesome. I'd love to try them. If your up to sharing the recipe. btw. I second the Hard Rock. Its pretty cool. I spent some great time out by the pool and the rooms are fantastic.

Darlene - I have always wanted to do a trans-atlantic. How long is the cruise? My only hesitation is November. Ever hear of the perfect storm?? hahaha

Closed Thread