Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Admiral

close the phreaking door and put the heat on...... holy schmolly everyone is getting cold --- fla is going to declare a "state of emergency" because of the temps - hahah - too funny, we declare a state of emergency because the mercury dips below 32 for a couple of hours while the rest of ya have to go about your business in sub zero temps for a couple of months....

wonder where rescue is; if he went skiing ?? or was that next month
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Admiral

It just amazes me why people vacation in the COLD.

hahaha I guess its a novelty to people who are living down south. How about I ship all of the snow ice and subzero your way???? enjoy

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old January 15th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Admiral

I'm still here. Skiing is Feb 4th. Have been real busy as usual. Trying to get up the funds for this trip. rented a beautiful cabin, check it out! you'll have to cut and paste this in a new window cause I don't know how to make a link, it shows the cabin with pics.

http://rentals.scenicwolfresort.com/...opertyListings

I am having problems now cause the spring baseball season starts in 3 weeks and I am coaching again. I will be gone the first week of our practices. Will have to get a few good asst coaches again. Getting ready for the cold weather tonight, may need a sweater. BTW don't you hate facebook! I get like a million emails grrrrrrrrrr :evil:
Old January 16th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dina
It just amazes me why people vacation in the COLD.

hahaha I guess its a novelty to people who are living down south. How about I ship all of the snow ice and subzero your way???? enjoy
yeah why go suffer & freeze when there are warm places to go; and you can keep the subzero

hey did you hear something? Oh it was rescue; I heard some mumblign & grumbling and he was gone again; -

well happy Friday - hope everyone has a better start than me; I couldn't find my car keys (they were in Erik's truck) and then I had "morning sickness" but I am not (cannot ) preggos.
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 16th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Good morning HIH

Joe - I didn't know you were on facebook. I looked you up and sent a friend request.

Detroit is under a deep freeze right now. I think I will be doing a lot of hibernating this weekend. Its just too damn cold to be out.

Noid - I wish you much luck on your bake off. Let us know what your planning to enter.

Old January 16th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Howdy!

Yep, it was a Rescue sighting! Nice cabin!

Marty, morning sickness? Yuck! The last time I had morning sickness I was hung over. Fortunately, that was a long time ago. No episodes on this past cruise. Hope you're feeling better.

Looks like the cold air is staying east of us. Last night was to be our coldest night, and it only got down to 35 or so. Not so bad.

Not much on my agenda... just trying to unpack and get the laundry done. No sense putting my suitcases up, I'll be needing them again, soon!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old January 16th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Admiral

okay CLOCK check - who's next ---- Ready2gonow - of course and JamesRT too; did I forget anyone?????

Noid: if you need us to sample your baking; Fed Ex can overnight ya know
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 16th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Admiral

I need to update my clocks.

I'm booked for the Ruby Princess TA group cruise, Venice to FLL, on October 7-25, but I have a feeling I'm going to cancel it, even though it is an incredible deal! When I booked, it was $4162 pp including air & ins. It has gone down to $2838 pp.

The reason I may cancel is because of the Oasis of the Seas for April, that I booked a back-2-back for Don and I.

I'm not going to cancel anything, yet, though! Who knows!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old January 16th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2gonow
I need to update my clocks.

I'm booked for the Ruby Princess TA group cruise, Venice to FLL, on October 7-25, but I have a feeling I'm going to cancel it, even though it is an incredible deal! When I booked, it was $4162 pp including air & ins. It has gone down to $2838 pp.

The reason I may cancel is because of the Oasis of the Seas for April, that I booked a back-2-back for Don and I.

I'm not going to cancel anything, yet, though! Who knows!
holy CARP that is some cruising; we will definetly need a GPS on ya.....
it would be like "where is darlene now" game instead of Where's Carmen Santiago
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 16th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Admiral

Will someone please close the door, it's cold!!! and I'm tired of it!!! And then the weather person lied!!!! They said we'd have a "dusting" of snow and it would be gone once the sun came out - well, it's quite a bit more than a dusting and the sun isn't here yet!!!!

I'm ready for a cruise -!!
Old January 16th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Admiral

Darlene - I wish I could go on that cruise with you. If only I could take that much time off, I'd be on it in a heart beat.

Bmomma - I'm with you on this one all the way. I'm ready to escape right now.

Old January 16th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Admiral

I keep remembering bits and pieces of the last cruise that I wanted to share with you. All you youngens will notice that the older you get, the more you will have this problem.

We got to the port about 10:45 or 11:00 and parked in the garage across from the terminal and got an agent immediately. DS and the rest had priority and Don and I went through the other line. We finished first!

Anyway, we all were admitted to the lounge for priority boarding. All that meant was that there were chairs available.

Well, we waited, and waited, and waited. Then I found out that there had been an outbreak of Norovirus on the previous cruise, and they were doing the heavy cleaning, top to bottom, before allowing us to board. We finally boarded about 3:30. Even though we were there quite a while, we were comfortable. I spoke with another lady, later in the cruise. She was Platinum and seated in the lounge area, but got cold and went outside to thaw out. Well, when she tried to re-enter, the outer area, where the agents were located was shoulder-to-shoulder packed! She couldn't move it was so crowded. She said the man behind her bent down to tie his shoelace, and his head was in her butt! She was trapped there for hours! Fortunately, calm prevailed, because had a panic errupted, it would have been horrendous! She was nearly in tears by the time she boarded, just due to the crowded area. She blamed the U.S. Customs, Port Authorities, and Royal Caribbean, for allowing the people to continue into that area, knowing they were not boarding. What a nightmare! I didn't hear of any further outbreaks of the norovirus while we were on the ship. The personnel were everywhere, though, with the hand sanitizer.

The other thing is that I went to a mix-n-mingle for the other web site, even though I didn't know them very well. There were 30 or so signed up but only 12 or showed showed. They had door prizes and I won the big 1! It had a shirt, small photo album, key chain, and the biggie was the Royal Caribbean Wave Mouse! You can only get one of these at the Meet-n-Mingles. It is so cool.... it has an RCI ship floating around in it!
Mariner of the Seas

Old January 16th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Time for a new home. The old one was getting REALLY full. Up to 17 now and over 17,000 posts in the series. WOW!

Enjoy

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 16th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M
Up to 17 now and over 17,000 posts in the series. WOW!
And one or two of those posts discussed cruising.

Mike, why don't you split the "last one to post" thread on jokes board since you keep splitting this thread?

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old January 16th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Time for a new home. The old one was getting REALLY full. Up to 17 now and over 17,000 posts in the series. WOW!

Enjoy

Take care,
Mike
thank you Mike; don't worry February we won't have so many posts; as the majority of us will be CRUISING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah!!!!
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 16th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
Quote:
Up to 17 now and over 17,000 posts in the series. WOW!
And one or two of those posts discussed cruising.

Mike, why don't you split the "last one to post" thread on jokes board since you keep splitting this thread?
Marc, of course, we discuss cruising! What else would we have to discuss? It is scary how much we can write about nothing.

Thanks for the new home, Mike! Hey, aren't you leaving for a cruise?
Mariner of the Seas

Old January 16th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

it took me 20 mins to get my car started this morning :evil:

marty... this would be a good time to list your house!!!
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old January 17th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Good morning HIH.

Thank you for the new home Mike.

Hi Marc *waves* We do manage to talk about cruises in here from time to time. HAHAHA

Darlene - I'm sorry to hear that she was so distressed. It sounds like you took it all in stride.

Walter - YIKES! I know its cold but thats crazy.

Its bitter cold out here. I got out last night after work for a bit. It just reminded me how much I can't wait to be on my cruise.

OK.. I have to ask. What do you guys think of NCL? How big a difference is it from Carnival and Royal Caribbean?

Old January 17th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

Good Morning:

always nice to see a new face around

dina... i dont think any of us has been on NCL yet. from what i read, everyone seems to enjoy the freestyle dinning. besides that i "THINK" the product is so close to rccl and carnival that you wont notice. i keep eye on NCL because they are the only one that runs a regular 7-8 day winter cruise from NY all winter long. for me, their ships are on the too small side, smaller than the Destiny and valor, about the same size or larger than the others you have been on depending on the ship you end up choosing. i say forget NCL and join us on the old folks home!!! just kidding before i get in trouble... AGAIN

so bj... how come your not telling us how warm it is down there. let me guess its 72 and you are all looking for your winter coats??? dont you have snow days when it goes down to 71???
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old January 17th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Admiral

wrong again!!! bahama just got off NCL

ready.... where are the photos???? dont make me come down there!!!
Old January 17th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

I am going cruising... Gonna cruise down to Charleston and Huntington to do some shopping today!!!

Have a fun one and stay warm everyone!!
Old January 17th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Pocono Pug

Im ready 1 week for me and Valor he we come

Monarch of the Seas 3-92
Celebrity Century 7-96
Dawn Princess 2-97
Enchantment of the Seas 11-98
Rhapsody of the Seas 8-99
CCL Inspiration 8-08, 8-11
CCL Valor 1-09
CCL Glory 11-09
Old January 17th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono Pug
Hi there *waves* Single digit till your cruise. YAY!! Please let us know what you think of the ship when you get back. This will be the first time on this ship for both Marty and myself.

Old January 17th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Admiral

Quote:
WooHooooo! I see warm weather in your future! Come back and let us know how you liked your cruise.

Bon Voyage!
Mariner of the Seas

Old January 17th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Admiral

Walter, I'm still picture-posting handicapped! C'mon down! I'd welcome your help!

Speaking of temps, let me see..... this morning when I got up, the temp was 55 degrees, with a high of 65 or so. But darn it, we have a Pacific front coming tomorrow and high will be 69 with a low Sunday night of 59, and a high Monday of 65. Darn, how will I be able to deal with such extreme temps?
Mariner of the Seas

Old January 17th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Captain

[quote="ready2gonow"]
Quote:
WooHooooo! I see warm weather in your future! Come back and let us know how you liked your cruise.

Bon Voyage![/quote

I will post a review whe I get home. Its so cold here I wish it was tomorrow.

Monarch of the Seas 3-92
Celebrity Century 7-96
Dawn Princess 2-97
CCL Valor 1-09
CCL Glory 11-09
Old January 17th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Admiral

pocono make sure you drag some warm weather back with you when you return... as you can tell from their comments, they done deserve it down there!!
Old January 17th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Captain

I will definately bring back the warmth. We need it in Northeast PA huh hawk

Monarch of the Seas 3-92
Celebrity Century 7-96
Dawn Princess 2-97
CCL Valor 1-09
CCL Glory 11-09
Old January 17th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Admiral

well i guess the ski resorts will be happy, but they would be the only ones
Old January 18th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Admiral

Good Morning HIH

I'm basically in hibernation mode. We got another 6-7 inches of snow yesterday. Someone please please turn off the snow making machine.

I'm looking at my countdown clock. YAY! It really can't go any faster.

Closed Thread