CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Thank you gift Ideas for your travel agent (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/360466-thank-you-gift-ideas-your-travel-agent.html)

taben January 20th, 2009 02:14 PM

Thank you gift Ideas for your travel agent

Hey everyone...New here.

Will be cruising on our second cruise in May on the Carnival Destiny to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Nassau. Looking forward to it. Well, this new travel agent I used to book our trip saved us $500.00 from the first quote we rec'd from the last travel agency we used for our first trip about 5 years ago. Well, with that said, I want to give her a little "THANK YOU" gift of some kind. Thinking about putting some flowers in a vase and a little card. Will give this to her when we pay off our trip.

I was looking for something more creative but not too expensive. Just something to show our appreciation for her hard work getting us a better deal.

Your thoughts?? Oh, please comment on the cruise ship, shore excursions, itinerary, etc. both good and bad if you like as well. :D
Welcome all kinds of information, advice and tips.

Thank you everyone!

Tammy

dina January 20th, 2009 02:22 PM

Hi Tammy *waves* Welcome to Cruisemates

Destiny was my first ship so I have a soft spot for her. The ship is large. I think by the end of my of my 7 day cruise, I still had not been in all of the lounges and public rooms. I was on the Empress deck with a balcony. The cabin was spacious and I had no complains at all. It didn't take me long to figure out how to get around her. The crew was very friendly and the food was excellent. I would spend sea days on one of the lounge chairs in the shade under where the steps are to go to the upper deck. This was actually very nice since I could hear the music just fine and it wasn't blasting at me. Just a few short steps to the pool.

I'm more then happy to answer any questions you might have.

In regards to the gift, I think your flower suggestion is very nice.

mteague January 20th, 2009 02:39 PM

I'm gonna do a Louisiana gift basket with food items from here.

Melody

Trip January 20th, 2009 02:59 PM

If she is reader, give her a beautiful book mark.....I often give my friends, handmade beaded ones.

Mike M January 20th, 2009 03:10 PM

The best gift you can give is to book another cruise. Referring friends and family to the agent is also a wonderful gift to give.

Take care,
Mike

Russell in MD January 20th, 2009 03:13 PM

I always try to send a post card while on the cruise to brighten up his cube or desk.

R

Pocono Pug January 20th, 2009 04:31 PM

As a person in sales the greatest gift to give would be referrals. If you truly appreciate what she has done tell everyone and send them to her. I know I thrive on referrals. Also a gift card to a restaurant is alays nice. Welcome aboard.

taben January 20th, 2009 05:09 PM

THANKS everyone for all your suggestions! Really appreciate it.

Tammy :D

rollerdonna January 20th, 2009 11:15 PM

I don't have a travel agent (we do all our own bookings via the internet) but I did give someone a cruise-related gift once. Last year I won a cruise in a contest in a mall. The winning ticket came from a store I frequent to have jigsaw puzzles laminated. The owner expressed interest in a puzzle I did of the Caribbean (bought in St. Thomas), so on the cruise I won, I bought another puzzle in St. Thomas and gave it to her as a thank-you.
She loved it!

P.S. I agree with Mike, the best "thank-you" you can give is a referral!

donna

Manuel January 21st, 2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M
The best gift you can give is to book another cruise. Referring friends and family to the agent is also a wonderful gift to give.

Take care,
Mike

I agree with that 100% . I allways recommend my TA to friends and relatives. And of course I book more cruises and other vacations with her.

TM

Nothin but blue skies January 21st, 2009 03:58 PM

Of course the referrals are a given - that is their bread and butter after all. However, a nice little thank you gift brighten anyone's day. The flowers, restaurant certificate etc. will surely be appreciated. When we made the final payment on our last cruise, I found a very nice coffee mug at the office supply store for $10. It was very nice with a world map design and some sort of travel saying around the rim. I thought it would look nice on her desk for coffee or even pencils.

Maybe you could ask her co-workers what she drinks, and pick up a bottle of duty free alcohol from the ship or one of the ports. You can also purchase a "cruise" style picture frame on the ship for her desk.

silver_cloud January 22nd, 2009 04:16 PM

I sent flowers to her home and she said no one had sent her anything before. I did end up getting an upsell too so you never know if it was the flowers or not!!