Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2009, 03:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Thursday Morning Wakeup

Good Morning CruiseMates! Very cold here in Lakeland this morning. Just 30 here now and will probably go lower. I brought in one plant, the others I hope will be alright. I have not been this cold since moving from NH. Now I am sure I do not want to go back there. I have an eye Dr appointment this morning. I have to be at Snake house this afternoon and will be there until Monday morning.I will get home for a while tomorrow morning. I just finished cutting up strawberries. I am going to have them on my cereal. They are fresh local grown ones from Plant City Fl. The Strawberry Festival is coming up soon. I hope the cold weather spares the berries. I love them!! Have a great day all.

Laura

Luanne, Prayers for you. Hope your birthday was good. There are wishes for you on the CTC site.
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2009, 06:14 AM
Captain

Good Morning All

Will it is Thursday and I am back on line again. Computers, I am still wondering Friend or Foe....Who Knows.

It is a cold 29 degrees here and like cruznut 2 I hate this weather :evil: If I would have wanted the cold we would have moved back to NW Indiana where I was born and raised. The 2 good things....It is suppose to hit 68 today and 70 tomorrow.Yea We are so happy

Well time to brave the cold and go to work.

You all have a great Alabama day.......and stay warm.

Irish 8)

Cruznut2 - Good Luck with the Dr.
Luanne and Jim - I hope that you guys received my e-mail and may God Blees you Both.

Irish 8)

May God grant you always...
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old January 22nd, 2009, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, whee it is a lot colder than Fla. and Alabama, but by our standards, quite pleasantly mild today at only -4C!
It's snowing for a change, "flurries" they call it, but it "flurried" all day yesterday, and it continues into today and at least tomorrow. Better "flurries" than the deep freeze, is all I can say.....

Have to get out of here early this morning, taking the dog to the groomers before work, then dh will pick her up when she smells nice again. Long overdue! Then I'm next, at the hairdresser's on Saturday - I'm beginning to feel like a sheepdog..... Maybe I should just go to the groomer's too!

donna
Old January 22nd, 2009, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone from a chilly (20 F) upper East Tennessee. Thankfully, the cold snap is to break (or is it the cold break is to snap? or....whatever.... ). Our high is to relatively soar to the upper forties today and tomorrow it's projected to be a downright balmy 57F.

I too Irish am having some computer problems and I'm not a computer person. Nothing serious but my Dell is over five years old and people tell me that's pretty good for a mass market PC. I always have my two year old HP laptop that I use when we cruise so it's not as if I don't have alternatives. I'm going to soon pick up an external hard drive and start backing up everything on this unit, just in case.

It's newspaper column day today. As I've remarked previously, it's so difficult to come up with a specific topic or story when the basis for the column is one relatively narrow subject. After over 600 weekly offerings, it gets harder every week. I just cannot believe it remains so popular but our animals certainly appreciate the fact that it does.

Complaining doesn't help so I guess I'll just get what few brain cells remain functional to shift into overdrive and get down to it.

Blessings upon each one of you and prayers continue for those needing an extra boost.

Todd
Old January 22nd, 2009, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A bit warmer today and tomorrow, then a plunge into icey cold for a couple of days...Up and down, up and down...we feel like yo yos, bit NO snow, so what could be bad, right?

Well, I always have said, I wish someone would invent a new food for me, so I reinvented, vegetarian stuffed peppers for me.I am so sick of the same old same old suppers.

Rd, I had a haircut yesterday, so I know how you feel..I had to call around to see who could do a razor cut. My head feels so light, I wish I could lose pounds as fast as that.

The new Janet Evanovich book is being held at the library, so that and a few more errands are on my agenda..

Today is the day that TJX Corp, Marshalls, TJ Maxx is giving the people, and the rest of the free world. who's identity was exposed in that big fiasco last year, a BIG 15 % discount..WOWOOWOW...no one who worked there, could, or would tell you when this day was coming, so of course, I was there yesterday! Oy......

Luanne.....xo

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 22nd, 2009, 08:46 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Pocono Pug

Good morning mates,
Well its Thursday and my last day of work before our cruise, Im totally ready to get out of this darn cold weather. I was on line checking out the weather for Nassau, St Thomas, and St Maarten. All 3 will be in the mid 80s with a chance of rain. I think I can deal with a little rain as long as I dont see any snow Im fine. Well I hope everyone has a great day.
Andy

Monarch of the Seas 3-92
Celebrity Century 7-96
Dawn Princess 2-97
Enchantment of the Seas 11-98
Rhapsody of the Seas 8-99
CCL Inspiration 8-08, 8-11
CCL Valor 1-09
CCL Glory 11-09
Old January 22nd, 2009, 08:47 AM
First Mate

It's faaaaaarrrrrreeeeeezzzzzing where I am. Time to book a cruise.
Prayers to Luanne and everyone else who needs them.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates! The coffee's brewing, d/s is up and at em and I just can't seem to get my act together yet. I am moving very slowly today. I think it's the situps d/d made me do with her before bed last night or the contortions I had to perform to replace the garbage disposal yesterday. OH yes I was not one bit happy yesterday when I decided to clean out the stuff from the cabinet under the kitchen sink, only to find a wet disgusting mess. I was grossed out. I ran the water and the dishwasher trying to locate a leak and nothing. Then I ran water with the disposer running and it was like Niagara Falls. So I surmised one of the seals inside broke and pronounced it dead as I pulled the plug. I cleaned up the mess below and left it for a while until I had time in the afternoon to go to town to buy a new one. So last night after dinner I attacked it and it was done pretty quickly. The only problem was getting the old one off the screw bracket that holds it up there. I used a variety of instruments to try to loosen it. Finally I just resorted to beating it with a hammer, which was cathartic in many ways. . Well it is finished.

Today I need to get some more cleaning done here in the house, and pack our bags for our trip to Canada tomorrow. I also have to make a decision whether I am going to swing up to where d/h is working in Michigan on the way and give him his passport he forgot or if I am going to just overnight it to him. I haven't had too good of luck with getting things overnighted lately on time, and so I may as well just leave early, maybe we can meet him for lunch and I can give it to him. It's not that far out of the way.

Still haven't packed thing for the Blogger's Cruise. But I am happy to announce that I am still caught up with the laundry so I'm not too stressed over it. d/h will be home next weekend before we leave, so hopefully he'll help me out by setting aside what he wants to take, before he goes to his job.

Luanne, I hope you had a nice birthday yesterday and you had time to do something special just for you.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 22nd, 2009, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning from chilly Florida. I drove my daughter to the bus stop this morning and the temp said 28 degree!!!! Now that's crazy. yes we are very cold here and I had ice on my windows. I don't own an ice scraper here in sunny Florida so I had to 'warm" up the glass.

I have been busy and not much time to check in. I hope all is well in cyber land here.

have a wonderful blessed day mates!
Old January 22nd, 2009, 10:10 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone,

I am anxiously awaiting our 7:30 p.m. flight to Amsterdam and then on to Barcelona. It seems strange to fly out in the evening. I am used to waking up at 0'darkthirty and heading to the airport.

The suitcase is packed and the garment bag will be stuffed this afternoon and all the pre-cruise stuff will be done. Then it's just two weeks of fun!

Todd: An idea for your column could be my "Pet" project and also that of my daughter's and that is animal nutrition and obesity. There are millions of loving owners who "Kill with Kindness" by overfeeding their pet and unknowingly or carelessly cause disease, pain and death to their pet. Owners also cause problems by not feeding the animals a proper diet or using the "cheapest" food they can find. Granted there are good, inexpensive pet foods but owners need to pay attention to ingredients and also to talk to their vet. There is no requirement for "nutritional labeling" on pet food. I know I personally am heartbroken when I see an obese animal. They don't get that way, unless they are running down killing deer, by themselves. The owners are the ones who get them that way. BTW: Pet obesity due to a "glandular" problem is EXTREMELY rare so that argument goes out the window.

OK: I'm off my soapbox. I'm going to go and be excited now.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 22nd, 2009, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a beautiful cool Texas. The sun is shinning, and starting to warm things up. They are talking about 80's by the weekend.

Yesterday was very difficult, but with a lot of things, we had to do it. We went to Austin, to meet with the detectives, and other staff members. They could not have been nicer.

They were not allowed to discuss the case much, but did reassure me that the right man was in jail. It seems he had all his friends tell on him, so lots of witinesses. The Grand Jury will hear the case in 90 days, and a trial in about a year. No deals will be made, because the case is to strong. The max tme he could get is 99 years.

There was no birthday. It was my choice. I picked the place to eat a late lunch, but was nothing special. I picked a place down there, who serves veggies, because I have to get my health in good shape.

Today I feel a little stronger, and less in shock. I have planned my first home cooked meal for tonight, and plan to clean the house today.

I want to thank all of you for your e-mails, cards and gifts. I read them all, and was up lifted by their messages.

As my dear friend would say, "It is one day at a time"

Have a good day all.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 22nd, 2009, 10:29 AM
Captain

Luanne, I think we're all glad your trying to get back to normal. It wont be easy but like you said 1 day at a time. The detctives really sond like the have a handle on things and Im sure theyll doo everything possible to keep that creep in jail for the rest of his life. Like I said you are an inspiration to a lot of us on here. God Bless you and your family

Andy

PS. I will say hi to the people on Valor for you.

Monarch of the Seas 3-92
Celebrity Century 7-96
Dawn Princess 2-97
CCL Valor 1-09
CCL Glory 11-09
Old January 22nd, 2009, 12:00 PM
Admiral

It is a long day today. Up early, to bed late last night. I am tired and I really don't feel well at all. Hope every one has a good day.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 12:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Andy,

Please tell them for me that we are doing okay. Jim is on my space with most, but it is hard for them to understand what has been going on.

Be sure to look for Pedro the cabin steward. The boys were in 9247. Remind Pedro that Joe was the one with the cowboy hat. We also stayed two weeks on the ship, so that should also remind them.

You will love the Valor. Such a great ship, with lots of good people.

Delf, Please take care of yourself. In a way, we were lucky with Joe. He was gone in an instant. With your mom, you must watch her fad away. My thoughts and prayers are with you. If you need me, you know where to find me.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 22nd, 2009, 12:28 PM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning Wakeup

Good morning from overcast Southern California. We didn't get our three drops of rain! I feel so cheated!

Luanne, best of thoughts for you and Jim.
Mike, you and Betty have a wonderful cruise. I don't envy you that long plan ride.

Speaking of cruises, tonight we are going to a cruiseline presentation for Azamara and one other line. I can't find the paperwork for it. Anyway, it's put on once or twice a year by my former travel agent. It's always informative and they put on a good spread of food, too. I won't be going on any cruises for a while, but it will be good to see the TA again.

Nothing much going on, otherwise, except yet another trip to the pharmacy to get yet another drug for my diabetes which I will have to take the rest of my life.

Have a good day people, and keep warm.

Judy
Old January 22nd, 2009, 12:52 PM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..............still foggy....but not as bad....lows are in the low 30's & upper 20's for the next week.......for joy..

Luanne.....you & your family are still in our thougths........glad you at least picked out a place to have lunch & recharge for your B-day......

Mike.......have a great time............

Y'all have a good day........

Sharon
Old January 22nd, 2009, 01:01 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon, from a bit warmer, Virginia Beach. We got a small reprieve from the cold weather we have been having. I got up bright and early to go to the dentist, picked up some groceries, had some lunch, and then I am headed for a hair appointment. At work they are going to have a meeting to tell us that our hours have been cut; such is life, I am greatful that I have a job! May all my fellow cruisemates have a wonderful day and let's all count our blessings.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 04:03 PM
Captain

1 more hour of work and Im oficially on VACATION

Monarch of the Seas 3-92
Celebrity Century 7-96
Dawn Princess 2-97
CCL Valor 1-09
CCL Glory 11-09