Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2009, 06:05 AM
Captain

Default Good Morning it's Friday

Good Morning CM's

Yes it is Friday and tomorrow brings a welcomed weekend, a day to relax and compleate our exsisten in the university or just be a bum. No work, no Honey Do List, just a day to zone out in front of the TV. Yea

It is currently 41 degrees here in lower Alabama on its way to 70 degrees and then tomorrow it drops back into the 60s and then next week back to the 70's. Here in Alabama it is the yo-yo effect. If you don't like todays weather, just wait for tommorrow.

Nothing much here just going to work and waiting on our cruise, just 25 days and we will be cruising in the cribbean, can't wait.

Well enoughft, got to go to work.

You all have a great Alabama Day!!!

Irish 8)

May you get to Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2009, 06:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good early morning from central Texas, where it is warm enough to have the windows open.

I woke up this morning to Joe singing in my mind. Such a great way to wake up, but his timing is off, because I should be getting more rest.

Today, I need to tackle all the thank you notes I need to write. I have been putting them off, but they call my name.

Goodwill is also coming today to pick up Joe's bed. I read that a woman started sleeping in her dead son's bed, to feel close to him in some way, but destroyed her marriage in the process. I don't want to do that and allow this man to destroy more than he already has, so someone else can have the bed.

We have a running joke in our family and friends. We received so many potted plants, that when someone comes to visit, I give them one. Lots of visitors, and still lots of plants.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Trip, I used my gift last night. I have also showed it off to others. Thank you again.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 23rd, 2009, 06:46 AM
Admiral

Morning all, from Montreal, where it is still dark, and I can't tell what it's like outside, except that my computer screen says it's -12C, feels like -20 and we are to get more flurries. Whooopeee.

I am up in the dark because I have an early morning appointment for a bone density test. I had the appointment in Dec. originally, but totally forgot to wake up early and get there, so this is a re-schedule. I was lucky to get another one so soon!

Our news yesterday was not what we had hoped. Our house offer was rejected, with not even a counter-offer, so we are back to square one and looking all over again. We will probably wait till after our cruise the first week of March, to actually go down there again.

Have a good weekend Mates!

donna
Old January 23rd, 2009, 07:12 AM
Admiral

Good morning to all of my fellow cruisemates.

I don't know about the Canadian Housing situation RDonna, but in this country housing prices have fallen so far that either people owe more than what is being offered or they often feel when someone makes a reasonable offer concerning today's market, the seller actually gets insulted.

But don't worry. I am sure you'll soon have your dream home in the Maritimes.

I and a lot of others of us around here have had our spirits lifted Luanne by just your return to regular posting. You need some of that fresh air and sunshine you're experiencing today in Texas and I hope you can get out and enjoy it.

I again appeal to everyone who is going on a cruise to PLEASE write a comprehensive review of your trip. The overwhelming number of the rest of us truly look forward to comprehensive cruise reviews and the more detailed they are, the better. It's one of those things wherein it's even difficult to become too verbose (and I definitely am familiar with that term as "I are one." ).

Blessings upon all and prayers continue for those needing the extra boost.

Todd
Old January 23rd, 2009, 08:28 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!

In a bit of a hurry today, because I need to get on the road so I can meet d/h in Lansing and reunite him with his long lost passport so he can come with us to see his parents in Canada.

The kids are still asleep. Well last night I wish you all could have been here for some comedy relief. You know I told you all that I had to put in a new garbage disposal, because the old one had died. Well I just had a feeling I forgot to do something. I ran the dishwasher last night and was sitting and relaxing after a long day. All of the sudden water starts shooting out of the airlock on top of the sink and it just won't stop. I of course being the rocket scientist that I am turn the dishwasher off, which makes it even worse because it then drains the entire contents of the dishwasher and more stuff comes shooting out of the airlock. I swear it looked like Mt. Vesuvius. I should have just opened the door instead that way it would have stopped the dishwasher without the spewing. That's for future reference if any of you are future amateur plumbers like me :evil:

Anyhow, I get on the internet to figure out where I failed. Some guy says tighten up the connections on your airlock.... well that didn't seem like it was the problem (after another episode of having Mt. Vesuvius spew from my sink top again), but I did it anyway. Then it occured to me, not everyone who installs a disposal will have a dishwasher. There must be a knock out plug where the dishwasher drain line connects to the disposal. So I loosened the clamp and un-did the drain hose and stuck my finger in the hole (yeah I know... not too bright) and then took a screwdriver and hammer until I had beat it into submission. Viola! kinda!

So go ahead laugh, but honestly this disposal had four steps in it's directions, which were stamped on the outside of the box. There was no package insert anywhere, basically it said unhook your old disposal, and hook up your new one. plug it in and turn it on. No where did it say, beat the hell out of this hole before hooking up the dishwasher drain, or your entire kitchen will be underwater and you'll need Jacques Cousteau to come fix your problem. Is ink really that expensive? Hello?

Anyway, so the floor and counters sparkle this morning after the flood... see there's a bright side to everything. .

Luanne, good to see you posting this morning.

Hope you all have a great weekend, I'll try to get in here and check on everyone, once we get up to Canada.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 23rd, 2009, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

Morning All!

It's warmer here today! I'm sitting at my desk eating king cake. There are two kinds of king cake....the sugary sweet braided one with icing (YUM) and a french king cake which resembles a pie and has almond filling in it (YUM). I am having the french king cake this morning and plan to have the braided one this afternoon. I'm gonna get the Bavarian Cream and pecan filled one. (YUM YUM)

Melody
Old January 23rd, 2009, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

This morning I sit in lovely Portland, ME. My dd and niece and I left early yesterday morning to drive to my other nieces house. We left is snow squalls but made excellent time. Arrived here - plopped for a bit then headed out for a fab lunch - Lobster Quesadilla, Mussels and such. The we hit the mall, and I did some considerable damage...yikes. The biggest expense is my face creams and such, I switched to a higher end brand and the difference I have seen in just the month I have been using them sent me back for more.

Today we will explore downtown Portland and dine on more of fabulous things from the sea and just have plan old fun!

We head back midday tomorrow.

Luanne - you rock! I will admit, that I am a tad jealous that you can open your windows, as I doubt that day will come for me until sometime in May - then it will only be for a few minutes.

BW - you are a riot - glad you are willing to try - I don't think I would be able to do it.

RD - reading your post reminded me that on Monday I was supposed to go for my bone density test and I totally forgot - yikes.
I think I rememered I forgot on Tuesday, but then I forgot again. Now I have to remember to reschedule. I think I am getting old.

Hope you all have a great day.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 09:09 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning from Barcelona,

We arrived this morning and have enjoyed a stroll down Las Ramblas. It's cool but tropical compared to Minnesota.

We are going to have a nap now and then hit the Tapas Bars for a little dinner.

I hope everyone is great!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 23rd, 2009, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright, sunny, it's almost Margaritta weather, going to be close to 40!
The kiddles, aka anklebiters will be over soon, for my day of hugs, snacks, and yo gabbba gabba...

Rd, we must be living in a parallel universe, first the haircut, now the bone density test, which I made an appointment for yesterday. I also thought of you in Tj Maxx, yesterday,as I purchased a purple coat!!! An extra 15% discount for breaching my debit card security..thanks alot.(

Trying to get into chat, was a grrrr..... and I never made it in...The computer was running like an old man, and time I was spitting nickels!

Bw...the same thing happens to me all the time when I install my garbage disposals too! ..you are my heroine!

Luanne, it was my pleasure, and I hope as time goes by, it gets lots of use.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 23rd, 2009, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Well, that's just got to be a world record for me! I was in, done and out of the Radiology office this morning BEFORE my appointment time.
I still cannot believe it!
Simple procedure, amazing what technology can do today!

Luanne, you must've posted at the same time as me earlier, glad to see you posting and moving on...hang in there!

donna
Old January 23rd, 2009, 10:02 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. It is a very pleasant 58 degrees right now warming up to the low 70's. Rain is predicted for tomorrow though.

Not much planned for today. I might take my mother out to lunch.

Everyone have a great day.

Carnival legend November 2009
Carnival Glory October 2007
Carnival Elation November 2006
Old January 23rd, 2009, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning Good Friends!! I am home for a short while from the job. During the week I get free time to myself when the clients are at the day programs. I have to be back to meet them when the van brings them home this afternoon. Relaxig with my coffee for the moment. Have to do the errands later.
VT Jen, I love Maine, always a special place in my heart. My beloved Mother came from Eastport. Many precious memories of that city.

RD, isn't it great when appointments are early for a change?

Trip, Near 40 in Beantown!! Almost as warm as here this morning.

Luanne, Writing thank you notes can be a healing experience for you. Think of the love with which those gifts were sent.

Mike M. Barcelona! Clor me green with envy

Everyone have a wonderful day.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old January 23rd, 2009, 11:51 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning It's Friday

Good morning from soggy Southern California. Yes, it's finally raining, real rain . . . more than four drops!

Luanne, I wish much peace for you.
Mike, I am jealous, too . . . Barcelona, a wonderful city!
BW, I can't imagine installing a disposer.
VtJen, you surely deserve a fun day. The food sounds great, as well.

We had a good time last night at the Azamara/Celebrity presentation. With this economy, there are some really great deals. You can go to Europe for what we would have paid to go to Hawaii. The way the economy gurus are talking, I'll get this same deal when I am ready to travel again.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old January 23rd, 2009, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Winter seems to have rolled back into Calgary, after several days in the 50s. Snow, blowing snow and temps in the teens, are back here to chill our bones.

I have a couple of errands to run, so no hiding in the warmth of the house today.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 23rd, 2009, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Good Morning every one. Things are about the same, I feel pretty crummy physically, fever all night. Oh well, them the breaks. DS got a permanent part time job as a sub teacher at a school two days a week, on his days off from university. He is really happy . Its damp out side, and not much sun shine. Luanne that was a cute video. A wonderful living memory. Have a great time Mike! BW you sound like me with the dishwasher last year!Have fun Jen! Enjoy your day.