Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2009, 06:04 AM
Admiral

Default GET OUTTA' THAT BED, It's MONDAY Morning!

Quit your whining. get out from under the covers and get your keisters outta’ that bed! Then get your robe off the back of the closet door in your bedroom that feels as if it’s 16 below. Next, put on your slippers, shuffle into the kitchen and get that coffee on before taking Fido outside for his walk. You’re about to discover you only THOUGHT it was cold in the bedroom! Then get back inside, jump in that shower, brush your teeth, comb your hair, pour down that second cup of java and get out there and GET TO WORK! Those of us who are retired need you who aren’t, to make those Social Security payments!

On the other hand, as soon as you guys out there join the ranks of the retired, you too will be able to stay under those covers before arising at a respectable time of day (say around ten or so) and showering prior to sitting down to enjoy that humongous leisurely breakfast before going out to the club to play around 18 holes following which you’ll be able to tip a few with the guys at the clubhouse before arriving home to your late lunch that awaits you. Then comes the best part of the day, your afternoon nap time.

What is depicted above is a day in the life of a marvelous retirement and such a life as that which is above described can be yours fellas......... BUT .......only if you never get married! If you are married, take note of the time (which is currently 0500 hours dark time, EST). Why, would you take so note? Because this is the time YOU TOO will have to get up and start on all those chores and projects your wife was going on about last night! THAT my fine male friends, is retirement for the married!

Blessings on everyone and of course, special prayers go out for those needing an extra boost.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Captain

Good Morning Todd and all to follow

OK, I am out bed, dressed and ready to go out the door to make money for my family and my retired friends. On the bright side we leave in just 21 short days for our next cruise.

Well this is short as I have to go to work.

All y'all have a Great Alabama Day

Irish 8)

Todd - Do you mean to tell me that I will still get up at the same time, no sleeping in when I retire.

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light.
May good luck pursue you each morning and night.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old January 26th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Ladies and Gents!
Well I've had an exciting morning already. I went to cook some salmon for the cat and wasn't quite awake yet. I ended up turning on the wrong burner. Melting the blender to the cooktop and nearly asphyxiated myself with fumes from melting plastic. So here it is 9 degrees outside and I have all the windows open to air the place out. Good grief!

The kids are still asleep. I am hoping to get these fumes out of here before they wake up. Luckily I caught it, before the smoke detector went off. But I know this can't be any good for you.

Well I have another project I am thinking about right now and it is buzzing a hole in my head. I found a good deal on engineered hardwood flooring and I am stringly considering ripping out my carpeting and throwing some of that down in it's place. I emailed the guy on it last night, and this morning I have a reply saying he added me as his friend on facebook. I really just need flooring, not sure why he wants to be my friend on facebook? Does anybody know anything about that? seems weird to me.

So anyhow, happy to be home, and just about ready to start packing for the bloggers cruise. That is if I can still breathe after melting my poor blender. It's sad, cause I just bought the darned thing. It was a good one. Oh well, guess it's time to cut back on my pina coladas. Must be a sign . Yeah a sign I should have two cups of coffee, before I attempt to do anything.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 26th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Admiral

Beenie
The bright side is the melting blender probably did not smell any worse than cooking salmon (except to the cat). Nothing wrong here that a new blender and breathing some good salt air won't cure.
58 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X3, Triumph X2, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
8 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta X2
HAL Statendam
Old January 26th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Admiral

Morning All, oh yeah rolled out of bed this cold, frigid morning at 5:07 a.m. and was leaving the house at 6:00 a.m. for work. Even on weekends, I'm up at 5:00 a.m, (no rest for the wicked)!!!

BW, it's truly a sign !! Be careful as it can mean many things!!!!!

Well, I'm at work and e-mails are starting to trickle in, meaning others are now showing up for work - yuck - I truly don't want to be here today or for that matter any day - am so ready to retire!!!!

Ok, have a great day, don't work too hard and prayers for those who need them ( I think that's all of us!!!)
Old January 26th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

At -12 it was a brief dog walk this morning, Todd! No lingering for sure.

Today is a busy day. It is the last Monday of the month, so that means it is Women's Ministry Potluck Fellowship - and this is the month my friend and I are in charge. I have to go in early to set up and decorate, still have to get our party favors put together. Make a prototype of the craft we are doing, get out my glue guns, go to grocery store to pick up ingredients for what I am making, plus the punch and coffee stuff.
Then of course I have to get the stuff cooked and put together. Timing is tricky as I can't set up this morning as the fellowship hall is used for AA meetings at noon, so I will have to run and do my errands, try to get some stuff done, then, go to church set up, then back home to finish up, then back to Church. Normally I would just go in the latter part of the afternoon and make only one trip up there, but someone is using the fellowship hall to give piano lessons from 3:30 til 5:30 so it is just making it a pain to work around.

BW - I guess you will be blender shopping...I hope it didn't ruin your cook top. I would love to rip out all my carpeting and put down hardwood, but I know all the underlayment also needs to be replaced, so it would be a huge job

I think I better get moving, this is going to be a hectic day.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Luanne - you are never far from my thoughts
Old January 26th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Irish,

It's really not that bad. I used to get up around 0400 so since I'm retired, she allows me to "sleep in" an extra half hour.

Todd
Old January 26th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Morning All from frigid Montreal, where the deep freeze continues.
I was not "up and at 'em" as Todd requested, in fact I slept right through the radio alarm and only came to about 20 minutes after I was supposed to be up! Now I have to rush through my morning routine.
I just may skip the dog walk this morning, since it's -25 out there and it's just too darn cold!

It can't be Monday already, what happened to the weekend? It's back to work, and back to the noise. The volume of 80 kids in a daycare is akin to the takeoff of a jet airliner !

donna
Old January 26th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from the deep south, where it is so foggy you can barely see the back yard.

Drill Sgt. Todd, I could hear you yelling from way down here. Sh sh sh sh . We're up already.

BW, You are so much like me it's scary. Be careful or you will soon know the names of the local fire dept.

I am so glad this weekend is over with. I did little but read. That seems the be the only release I have from the sorrow.

I did learn a little bit of trivia that actually pertains to cruising. Most of you who have cruised out of Miami have been to the Bayside park. Did you know that FDR was shot at in the park, and the bullets hit the mayor of Miami, and killed him?

Today is Jim's first day back at work. Poor thing will be in a mess trying to get things ready to leave. All of his soldiers have already left, so he is getting calls from Iraq wanting answers that are difficult to answer from here. Yes, I am still a good soldiers wife. I want him to go and be with them. In many ways I am stronger when he is gone.

I hope all of you have a good day. Please keep praying for us. I am not yet ready to let go, and need to feel the pray.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 26th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Admiral

It still stinks like a plastic factory here.
Jen I hate to tell tales on myself but I ruined the previous stove because I sat a gallon jug of vegetable oil on a burner, and it happened to be hot still. and it melted a hole in the jug and it all leaked into the insulation of the stove. So then I bought this one. Luckily it is a glass/ceramic cooktop and so all I need to do is take a razor blade to it and it should scrape off. Otherwise I will get some rubbing compound out of the garage and take it off that way.

A few years ago I ripped about 1500 sq. ft of carpet out and put down ceramic tile. The only carpet left is in the bedrooms and sunroom. Replacing the underlayment would be a huge pain. We had to add another layer to support the ceramic, when we installed it. Fortunately I don't think we'll need to add any for this project (fingers crossed)

Luanne, sounds like you're doing great under such trying circumstances, but as you know we're here for you, and if you need our prayers, you got it!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 26th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids.
I am thinking I will stay in the house till at least May, then, walk out into the sunshine and 70 deegree weather! If I squint, I am in Lauderdale in my mind...I swear!

BW, your morning post always is a sitcom...Lucy, Laverne and Shirley, something funny...On this one I can relate, warming a baby bottle in a saucepan years ago, filled the apartment with smoke, and my 2 year old telling me, the babys bottle is smoking Mama! OY OY OY!

Well, snow is a coming Wednesday, which means I have to cancel my appointment, due to me not wanting to drive the day after..it's too far away for this chikita! I need to get lots off my chest with this guy, so I will reschedule.

Luanne, as always, you are tucked in a corner of my heart......

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 26th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Admiral

Good morning to all!!!
Old January 26th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

Hmmmm maybe that explains why I kept waking up before the alarm went off this morning - IT'S ALL TODDS FAULT.

The kids started with a 2 hour delay at 6am then it was quickly canceled. Looks like they will be missing school even tomorrow and Wednesday if we get the nasty weather they are calling for.

Notice the new clock??? Can't wait!!!

Beenie - time for the stainless steel one. That way it wont matter the next time it happens!! There is ALWAYS a work around.

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old January 26th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Default Get Outta That Bed . . . It's Monday Morning

Good morning from sunny Southern California. We had a good old fashioned Minnesota thunderstorm last night in the wee hours. I loved it!

Gym for Keith today and laundry for me. Four more days on these antibiotics and the finger infection is no better . . .

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old January 26th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Calgary is defrosting slightly. We could see temps over 30 F today. not even worth a woo hoo.

Talked to my mother last night, and of course, she has no idea where her passport is. So, today I'll schlepp her to the bank and see if it's in the safety deposit box. Certainly hope so...since she's supposed to head south in a week......if I live that long.
Old January 26th, 2009, 08:24 PM
First Mate

Good Afternoon Mates,
I took our first graders out for recess at 10 and it was just beautiful. It was sunny and it looked and smelled like spring. Then by noon it clouded up and turned colder. By 4 when the kids left we saw snowflakes.
So much for an hour of spring.
Otherwise it was a good Monday. DH had to take car to get a headlight replaced. He wasn't sure how to reach it. $72 later it is fixed. We needed it done, but the expense!
Thoughts are with you Louanne, I am sure your husband must feel like he is being pulled in two directions. You take care, prayers are still with you.

jojo