Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2009, 02:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT
Default Stormy Tuesday

I'm up watching our area get pounded with rain, sleet,ice, and snow.
The Weather Service states that it is one of the worst winter storms in 20 years. I've graded our road twice and you can't tell it.Hope it's better in your area!
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2009, 04:50 AM
Admiral

Ewww James, I hope that isn't headed my way. That sounds terrible.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 27th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Captain

Good Morning James, BW and all to follow

Wow your weather sounds horrible James, I really feel bad as we are expected to hit a high of 75 today. Every time I talk to my family back home and hear of their weather in the winter I cringe!! But then again they tend to razzed me in the summer when our heat and humidity really blows or should I say is stagnate.

Well y'all stay warm and hopefully out of the snow. For all of my friends who are visited by that white stuff....Remember when we were kids, we could play outside forever, now we just freeze, Have you ever wondered.

Have a great Alabama Day!
Irish 8)

For each petal on the shamrock.
This brings a wish your way
Good health, good luck, and happiness
For today and every day.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old January 27th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates, I have been up early reading my favorite forums. It looks like a great day coming up in Lakeland today. Currently it is 61 and headed toward 80. I am so happy to be here and no longer living in cold snowy NH. Much to do today with errands and housework. Have a great day friends.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old January 27th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Captain

It is snowing here in southern Ohio. We got hit yesterday with about 2 to 3 inches and now another 6 inches has arrived with no let up. Forcast is for more of the same all day and into tomorrow. May switch to sleet later today. All schools are closed along with some businesses. SIL is trying to get to work but Daughter is waiting to see if roads get better. She has an hours drive to get to work. I think I will spend the day inside watching the snow fall and dream of going on a cruise to warm weather. Everyone have a good day and stay warm (or cool) where you are.

Old January 27th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Admiral

It's certainly a rough morning in more ways than with just the weather what with Deflt's and Trevor's serious illnesses. I honestly get depressed when I learn when one of our "mates" is confronting a serious crisis, be it health or otherwise.

Fran has her bimonthly oncologist appointment and although she feels fine we're always on pins and needles. As for yours truly, Fran insisted I make an appointment with my cardiologist. I haven't seen him in almost two years and I don't see the necessity as I know what is wrong and that any "doctorin'" I need is well within the capabilities of our close friend and family physician. Of course it didn't help that JR also thought the appointment a good idea. I am abundantly aware of my prognosis. Nevertheless I acquiesced if only to (a) please the "boss" and (b) the fervent hope that the decrease in my physical stamina will obviate the need for a reduction in the length of her "honey do list."

Blessings on everyone; prayer for Delft, Trevor and all others who need them and that the rest of you who don't have a cruise booked, do so in very short order.

Todd
Old January 27th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

We got a inch or so of white stuff last night. Today is is 5 and a very light snow is falling - it is another overcast day. We are supposed to get a big snow storm later tonight and into tomorrow - yippee :evil:
I will hopefully get a few errands run today so I hopefully don't have to be out to much in the mess. The good news is that it might get up to the 20's by the weekend.

Not much on tap today other than laundry, work and pool therapy.
I am tired today - getting ready for last nights meeting left me tired. But it all went well, and everyone had a great time, and I did accomplish everything I needed to.

For those of you in the path of that ice storm...stay safe and I hope your power outages will be none, or at the very least short in duration.

Praying for so very many of you...

Todd - gotta take care of yourself...go to the doctor and obey! Fran will keep you on track I am sure. Hope she has a great appointment today.

Wishing you all a safe day
Old January 27th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where believe it or not, the weather is better than most you! At "only" -14C or 6F, it feels positively balmy compared to the deep freeze we've been having, and highs -6 or -7 are predicted for the next few days along with snow flurries. I just hope they stay "flurries" and not "snowstorm"!

Todd, go to your cardiologist and do what he says! And good luck to Fran today also!

James, be careful if you go out in that sleet and ice and snow, I know how treacherous it can be!

Healing thoughts going out to Delft and Trevor today.....

donna
Old January 27th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Admiral

Well, all I can say this morning -

James - sorry the weather went your way this time, but we did get a sheet of grainy snow/sleet what ever the stuff is - made it really slick driving this morning - some idiot decided he wanted to pass me this morning, well when I looked in my rearview mirror he was doing everything but passing me and finally slid off the road backwards down a small embankment - suddenly all those vehicles behind us slowed down to a reasonable speed!!!

The weather needs to change and for the better, I do believe this has been the worse winter in many years!!

Prayers for everyone, and prayers that the weather changes for the better soon!!

Everyone take care - be careful when out and about in the weather!!!
Old January 27th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Connecticut.

We are expecting 6 t0 8 inches of snow, but this will put us one storm closer to our cruise.

I hope everyone has a great day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015

Booked Allure of the Seas 2/21/16
- Celebrity Equinox .. 4/4/16
- Freedom of the Seas.. 12/30/16
Old January 27th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

Dear sister...i guess you haven't heard the news....Tomorrow is going to be the biggest snowstorm of the century! 16-24 cm possibly more...
Old January 27th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Well it sounds like weather James is reporting is headed this direction. However, it looks like we may be right on the northern edge of it, and the worst of it is headed to our south. Sorry readytoboard

I need to go to the grocery store as I am running low on essentials like milk half and half, and such. All I had left to put in my coffee this morning was whipping cream. Had a heck of a time sleeping last night, but luckily I think I got enough winks to get me through today. I also need to make it over to Champaign today and pick up d/h's wedding ring from the jeweler. The darn thing is made of platinum and he had nearly worn through the shank.

In a bit I am going to get myself moving and get some work done around here. I still haven't packed anything for our trip...I haven't even unpacked from our last trip

Old January 27th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Dear sister Hez, no, I did not hear about the big snowstorm, the Weather Eye on my computer just says flurries for the 5-day forecast!
Well, if we are in for a storm, maybe I'll get a Snow Day tomorrow!

donna
Old January 27th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..............it's snowing here......streets are white.......but it's not suppose to last........hope not........low 30's right now...........up to the low 40's they say.......we'll see.........

Guess it'sll be a stay in the house day today.........

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates!

Well, we have 1 more day before the cold gets to us. Fortunately, we are south of the freeze line, so all we should get is some rain. Also the cold will move on out by Thursday, and our temps will go back to 60+. One of the benefits of living on the Texas Gulf Coast.

Today I'll be doing laundry and thinking about what I want to pack for the cruise. I'll also be visiting with my MIL. She is doing pretty well -- for 103! This evening we are joining friends for dinner.

Everyone have a great day -- prayers for those in my CruiseMates family who need them.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
All the bread, milk, and toilet paper will be gone from the shelves today, with news of the storm by the over graphic-ed, hyper weathermen

I am waiting for Nikki & Lucy, they are at the Drs, as we speak, so I will be getting her, post shots..could be an oy day!

I hope we all get through the Drs. appointments, and the snow, in the best shape possible. Luanne...xoxoxox

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 27th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

It's beautiful here today. I guess sometimes I'm glad I live in the south. High's should be in the 70's. Tomorrow rain and warm temps are predicted with a cooling off after that.

Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

Made it a stay home day with all this snow. We have 5 inches so far with an expected 3-5 through out the day. THEN up to .3" of ice.

WOW ready - MIL 103.

Everyone drive carefully who is experiencing this nasty weather.

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old January 27th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Not doing good.

Prayers to those who need it.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 27th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Default Stormy Tuesday

Good morning from Suthern California. We'll have mid-70's today.

Keith is getting ready to go to this photography class. I have a date with housework and ironing. I also begin a five-week diabetes class tonight. Two-hour sessions.

Have a good day . . . stay safe and warm.

Judy
Old January 27th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Admiral

Keep Hanging in there Luanne - prayers are on the way!
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Admiral

Luanne, keep the faith, you will make it, even though it doesn't seem like it sometime.

I think this is the toughest thing a person can ever deal with in their lifetime. Just the simple fact you have the strength to come here and most that you're having a rough time right now is a huge accomplishment. Keep doing what you're doing, we're hear/here for you.

Old January 27th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Admiral

Good evening from rainy, Virginia Beach. I got home early from work this evening because they ran out of numbers to dial; it is the end of the month and business is definitely down. At least I have a job for which I am eternally greatful! I went with Rob this morning to the opthamologists; he had cataract surgery on his right eye. He has already had a stroke in his left eye so it was very important for him to have this procedure done asap! Before he went back to the doctor we went out to lunch at a Thai restaurant near the doctor's office and then stopped at a book store Todd, Fran is right, you should see your cardiologist. Rob has a heart condition and sees his cardiologist every three to six months. We are in that age now where prevention for medical conditions is so vital. Hope all of my fellow cruisemates had a wonderful Tuesday.