Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Captain

Default tHURSDAY.....Again

Good Morning all my CM's friends

Wow it is Thursday, it is just amazing the way it comes around once a week.

I hope all are doing well and prayers to those who need them.

High Ho, High Ho its off to work I go.

You all have a Great Alabama Day!

Irish 8)
May the embers from the open hearth warm your hands,
May the sun's rays from the Irish sky warm your face,
May the children's bright smiles warm your heart,
May the everlasting love I give you warm your soul.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from a snowed-under Montreal. It's finally stopped coming down, and we're left with at least 20 cms, some of which is still blowing around. No school closures, therefore no daycare closures, so I'm heading out in my knee-high snowboots! We're scheduled for a fieldtrip today, within walking distance in the neighbourhood, but it'll be tough slogging through all that snow with little kids in snowsuits, when they haven't cleaned the sidewalks yet!

Is anyone else's head still spinning from last night's episode of LOST?

donna
Old January 29th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates! Not too much excitement here in this neck of the woods. I am just happy to wake up and find there is no more snow than when I went to bed. The kiddos are still sound asleep and all is quiet aside from the sound of the coffee maker gurgling and the tag on the cats collar ringing as it hits the side of the bowl which holds her daily allotment of Fancy Feast.
D/H will be home tomorrow night, then I think he and I will commence to packing for our trip next week. He has to work three days next week then Wednesday he'll fly down to NOLA to join us, after I drive down with the kids.
My FIL called me yesterday and to thank me for sending him more snow. I don't know why they always think I did it? lol!

Today will be a cleaning day. Just need to get some order here, as it currently looks life a bomb went off. What else is new lol.

I pray that all of you who are struggling and battling through health issues or other crisis, will be strengthened and comforted by the power of the love and prayers sent from the people here.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 29th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

There is still a delicate snow coming down in a steady stream, but I don't think it will amount to too much. I don't know how much we got, probably around a foot or a little more. Weatherman is now saying that on Monday we will be getting a Snow/Rain mix, so that is not exactly the forecast I was hoping to hear. The roads today are slippery - black ice, and schools are on a two hour delay until they have all been properly sanded and salted. We live where there are many back dirt roads and it is very dangerous - also kids have to stand by roadsides to wait for busses, also dangerous until banks have been removed or pushed back - but after this amount of snow that won't happen for awhile - it will take a long time.

Yesterday a friend called to say she has to have emergency surgery very similar to the colon surgery I had last January...I was able to reassure her before she went to the hospital last night. She was to spend night in er - to get all her levels up and be monitored, then to the OR at 9 this morning. Today I will spend time getting extra help in place for her - she has 3 kids the youngest 4 so dh won't be able to stay w her and get the kids to all their things, also they will need meals and all that sort of stuff.

Woke up to a mess in my fridge when I stumbled to it bleary eyed for cream for my coffee...the gallon of milk had sprung a leak. I have an old fridge...so the shelves are not self contained - ya, it had dripped, splattered, accumulated on everything in its path underneath. I came out of my coma pretty fast.

Todd and Fran...holding you close to my heart today
Delft - praying...hope you are feeling better
Luanne - praying and wishing I could give you a hug or squeeze your hand
pray the Word, girl. Cling and claim the promises - it will give you hope and strength
Judy - glad you are going to the diabetic classes - you will learn a lot and then be able to really maintain good health. Hope your PT is going well. Praying for you.

Trip...no royalties necessary - but really you should explore the "Babycakes" - that is what I call my poodle..Jonah.

Good day mates.
Old January 29th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Admiral

A Good Morning to All, not much to report here - snow is finally melting - the sky was clear this morning as I saw all the stars twinkling brightly on my way to work. Suppose to warm up and continue on the upward swing for a few days - so maybe all this warmth will work it's way North, East and South and help those who have been hit so badly with all the ice/snow etc!!

I do hope everyone is doing well and prayers for each and everyone of you!
Old January 29th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Good morning folks!

Another overcast morning. I think it's to clear up later on. I hope so at any rate.

I am not going to be someone you want to be around later on today and especially tomorrow morning. Have to have more cardiac tests tomorrow at half past noon and I have to stop ALL caffeine for 24 hours prior to these tests. Now I'm one of those one or two pots a day people. I feel sorry for Fran or anyone else that has to be around me from this afternoon until tomorrow afternoon. :evil:

I think I'll carry with me a cooler with whatever cola has the most caffeine that I can guzzle right after the tests.

Thank all of your for your concern and wonderful sentiments yesterday. All of you are greatly loved!

Blessings on each and everyone and special prayers for all of those needing that extra boost.

Which reminds me. Any update from Venice? Am very concerned that we've not had an update as to his recuperation. Maybe we'll hear something soon.

Todd
Old January 29th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from central Texas where it's sunny, but cold.

Yesterday was a good day and a bad one. We got a call from Joe's Theater Arts teacher. He wants to start a scholarship fund in Joe's name. Jim met with him, along with a local reporter to sign the paperwork, and for us to donate to get it started. I think this is a good thing, that will help another child or two.

The bad part was I had a house full of company, all of which had a close relationship with Joe. I heard there plans for the future, and it was nice to hear, but also reminded me that Joe would not be apart of it.

Last night, I opened all the stuff that the funeral home had sent, hoping to go through some of it, and find places for some, and to get rid of other things. Inside was thank you notes, and 200 people I needed to thank individually.

It just became to much for me. I can handle the different waves of grief, but when they come right after another, it hurts so bad.

After crying for hours, I finally said "Lord, you have him, and have left me with the heartache. You must take that too." I fell asleep, and now I feel refreshed.

I also came upon a question that I didn't know the answer to. If someone asked, "How many children do I have?" Do I only have one now, or do I still have two? I 'm not sure. What do you all think?

My prayers are for Trevor, Todd, and Fran.

Have a good day all

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 29th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............warmer today.......not too bad.........

Not much going on today.......have to call the cable company......the tv with the digital box has no reception........says be on soon.....but that's been over a hour now.......wonder what the problem is?????

Thoughts & prayers to.......Luanne......Todd........Delf.......Trever ........Judy.............Venice.....& anyone I've missed...........

Luanne......you say............I have 2.....but one was called home......

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old January 29th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

The sun is shining and it's cool outside. Wished I wasn't at work but I am.

Lot's to do. Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old January 29th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Luanne, you have two sons. Sharon is right on. But it is hard because everything is so raw right now. You may be torn between honoring the memory of your son, acknowledging him and having to share more information than you really want to divulge at that moment. But you have two children, no doubt about that. Joe still is a huge part of your life, even though he is not physically present with you at this time.

I would say I have two sons and leave it at that unless you feel like giving more information.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old January 29th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday . . . Again

Good morning from Southern California.

I, too, wish to add my thoughts for those who are in need of prayer . . . including myself!

BW, PT is long since over, but I do exercises at home twice a day.
RD, I can't imagine getting all those kidsready to go out doors!
Luanne, many thoughts and hugs to you.

Back to Pasadena today to get Keith's new glasses.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old January 29th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Luanne, you have 2 sons. Joe may be gone but never forgotten.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old January 29th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Admiral

Another morning at the gym with the trainer my daughter's and husband hired for me; yes, they want to "whip me in shape". I must admit that I got quite a workout! As the saying goes, "no pain, no gain". It was off to Wal-Mart to buy some adult low strength asperin since I was about to run out of it. Low strength asperin is a preventative measure for heart attacks and strokes. Anyway, it is in the lower forties today in Virginia Beach. No rain in site, not like yesterday. Todd, good luck at the doctors; you and Fran are in our minds and hearts. May all of my fellow cruisemates enjoy a nice Thurday and tomorrow, T.G.I.F.!
Old January 29th, 2009, 06:23 PM
First Mate

Greetings Mates,
It is 4:15 and the darlings just went home. Tomorrow is our 100th day of School so we get to do come celebrating and some learning too. RD I too will be so glad when winter coat season has passed. Most first graders are pretty good at getting dressed on their own. Our main problem is the lost hats and mittens.
Luanne, thoughts continue to go your way. The scholarship sounds like a wonderful idea. What a fine tribute to your son and his interests.
Our day started off very cold, but luckily it warmed up some.

jojo