Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2009, 12:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Our final plans for Blog2NOLA Group Cruise.. Sound like FUN?

FEB 5 -Some of us will be meeting at the Crescent City Brewery, beginning at 7 PM and hanging there until awhile after 8 PM or so, when we'll wander through the Quarter, with a few stops... perhaps Pat O'Brian's and House of Blues. If interested just meet us there. - If you get started later and want to meet up with the group you can call me at 4****** for our present location.

FEB.6 (Morning) Beacon of Hope Volunteer Event - Buses departing Maison ST. Charles Hotel at @ 8 AM. - volunteer work from 9 AM - 1 PM.
5:30 PM - Reception at Maison St. Charles for Volunteers ONLY. Exact details on transportation issues for volunteers to follow on John's Blog in a day or two.

Feb. 6 (Evening) - For those who expressed an interest in our PRE-Cruise dinner --- here are the details --- We have a reservation, in the name of CRUISEMATES--- for 50 at Mulates at 7 P.M. -Mulate's Restaurant -201 Julia St.- http://www.mulates.com/ - This is a pay for what you consume event. - It's a huge place so if anyone wants to decide to join, just call the restaurant/club and add on to our reservation. -Zydeco band entertaining that evening.

Feb. 7 --embarkation day -Boarding the SHIP - We will have a CruiseMates hospitality desk available on boarding day - Located on Lido Deck - (port side, just inside atrium doors)- LOOK FOR OUR BANNER - Noon to 3 PM.. just ask at guest relations if you don't spot our banner, YOU WILL REGISTER, and you'll pick up your CM give-a-ways, including CruiseMates name tags, neck wallets, and cabin door magnets, and a schedule of all activities. T-shirt pick up for those who ordered them. -time is short and we won't have to time to track people down.. so BE SURE to stop by the hospitality desk. If you miss the pick up at the Hospitality Desk call cabin**** to arrange for pick up.

Welcome Aboard Blogger's cocktail party - After Muster Drill in the Universe Lounge (Check Capers to confirm location) - those who ordered the Blog2NOLA T shirts please wear them to the party, and to dinner that evening!

Dinner - The bloggers will have a special area of the dining room reserved for main sitting. It will be open sitting but we will have special tables reserved for the various families of Cruise Critic, Big Ed, Cruise Mates and those of us who do not belong to one of the families…….sounds like the mafia. I will have a table each night and I will be joined by invited guests. I have not decided the best way to do this yet but I will make it fair and fun……..not that watching me chew on a steak is fun……….but anyway ……dinner, I promise will be a fantastic experience. I do suggest though that once you choose your table that you remain there for the five days. Many of you will know that the experience of having the same waiter is what makes meal times so much fun.

10 P.M. - Piano Bar --we'll have our initial CruiseMates Get Together... the CruiseMates PAJAMA Party, meeting in the Piano Bar. We'll make it like the old college prank.... see how many CruiseMates in PJs we can fit in the phone booth - known as the Piano Bar.
John has promised he'll be there to help judge for the best PJs, and supply a Luxury Prize Package for the most outrageous PJs. We've invited 2 other groups onboard to join us, so it should be FUN!
ASIDE FROM YOUR PAJAMAS BE SURE TO WEAR YOUR CRUISEMATES NAME TAGS... so we can spot you in the crowd. REMEMBER 10 PM start time!! - if you must, showing up in street clothes is scorned upon but allowed .
Originally this was planned as an exclusive event for CruiseMates, but rather than keeping the various groups isolated of each other, or even competing, I thought it best to invite everyone and from the very first night try and create a spirit of community onboard!! Following the advice of Carnival's new TAG line... it's ALL4Fun and Fun4ALL!!!

CABIN DELIVERY - THIS WILL FEATURE THE FIRST OF THE FREE GIFTS FROM ME (John) TO YOU……AND NO…..I AM NOT GOING TO TELL YOU WHAT IT IS.

FEB 8 - Day 2 - Sea DAY
Early morning get together.( SEE CARNIVAL CAPERS FOR TIME) This will be a chance to meet in the main lounge for an hour’s fun. We may have a Q&A and games or just chat…………..who knows. But one thing is for certain………you won’t want to miss this…….unless you would rather stay in bed for an hour which considering many of you will have been drinking at the pajama party the night before may be a strong possibility.
In conjunction with the above, we're designating this.....The CruiseMates Animals FOR Heidi Event!!!!! - PLEASE NOTE plans for this event has changed somewhat!!!
- Please bring SIGNS (make them onboard if you like -- or print them at home at bring them) make signs reading.... WE WANT HEIDI! or WE LOVE HEIDI! or We Love Heidi's Thingy! or WE PREFER HEIDI TO JOHN!! I Fathered Heidi's Child---- you get the idea..be creative.... show some "Heidi ENTHUSIASM!"
(Earlier I had thought everyone who wanted to could bring gifts for Heidi and the "thingy" (baby). But that might create some shipping problems to get things to England.

Instead I thought we'd get Heidi an Am Ex Gift Card ( in English Pounds) from the entire CruiseMates group, with which she can purchase baby extravagances, or whatever she might like for the baby, which will always remind her of the CruiseMates gang.)
Participation in the gift in strictly voluntary... but if you'd like to be a part of it --- when you pick up your goodies at the Hospitality Desk you can make your contribution then. I'm suggesting a contribution of $10 PER CABIN... but whatever you feel comfortable with is fine. When you contribute, you can also sign a banner which we'll present to John & Heidi along with the gift card. )

2 PM - CRUISEMATES TEA TIME with John - Jubilee Dining Room - aft

Elegant Night Photos
Before we go to dinner I (JOHN) will be available for photos with a special backdrop. I will also have a pen in hand ready to sign something if you wish……something that may have been placed in your cabin today as gift number two.

Elegant Night Dinner
Music and Dancing……..well for me Music……no dancing and of course we have to go and see the show.

FEB. 9 - Day 3 - Progreso -

2 PM -3PM Pool Party and MINI GOLF - ---- for those cruisemates who've arrived back onboard early

NOTE TIME CHANGE!!!>>>>>> 5-6 PM<<<<- The "Arrrgh uably" Best Pirate Cocktail Party at Sea - This will be our Private Complimentary CruiseMates Cocktail Party - we're asking you to come looking like a Pirate.. even it it's only from the neck up ( a little make-up and a bandana, along with a trip to Camp Carnival can do wonders). SPECIAL REWARDS for the BEST Pirates!!
Dinner all together

Midnight - We proudly present the Bloggers Only Male Nightgown contest

Special gift delivered to cabin

FEB 10 -Day 4 - Cozumel
Our private excursion to the beach in Cozumel. If you wish to go and have us provide transportation then I suggest you book no later than January 30th via www.carnival.com. Food and drinks and fun are provided and it’s going to be a great day.

Dinner all together

10:30pm - Private Bloggers only show featuring two of Carnival’s top entertainers …….. this is a private show and both entertainers have stories which I know will embarrass the heck out of me………oh joy.

Special gift delivered to cabin

FEB. 11 - Day 5 - Sea Day
9 am – 10 am- Press Q & A
We are proud to have some of the industries most respected travel writers joining us and they have agreed to make themselves available for a Q & A. This was a huge success last year and I encourage as many of you to attend this year as you can.

1 PM -at the aft Waterworks - CruiseMates Slide Races - with prizes. Though the rules of what, why and how sliders win will have more twists and turns than the slides.

4:00pm - 5:00 pm - Bloggers Talent Show

5:00pm - 6:00pm - Farwell Party featuring fun, complimentary cocktails and hors d’ ouerves and some sad goodbyes.

6:00pm- Farewell Dinner

EVENING - CruiseMates staying on for the Rehab Cruise the next week GLOATING - ALL OVER THE SHIP - We'll be the ones with the BIG smiles!!!

PLEASE wear your CRUISEMATES ID (name tags - in either neck wallet or magnetic name tag) to ALL events to make it easy to find each other... like for those doing the Juan's Mexican Fiesta in Cozumel.
BUT IT'S A MUST for entry to the private cocktail party!!!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2009, 01:51 PM
Admiral

Kuki, sounds like you (and probably evernone else) are going to have a wonderful cruise!!!!

Don't forget the blog entries!

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old February 1st, 2009, 03:51 PM
First Mate

Yep.....sounds like fun. After getting home it will take me a week to recuperate.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 08:46 AM
Admiral

I can't wait to see pictures from this cruise!

Frank, have a great time, we'll be thinking of you!

donna