Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Pocono Pug
Default So Happy Its Thursday

Good morning Mates

Its a cold Thursday here in Northeast PA. with temps right now at 6 degrees and a high of 11. Boy I wish I was back in the Caribbean.Got to get the kids off to the bus and get ready for work so I hope y'all have an excellent day.
Andy

Monarch of the Seas 3-92
Celebrity Century 7-96
Dawn Princess 2-97
Enchantment of the Seas 11-98
Rhapsody of the Seas 8-99
CCL Inspiration 8-08, 8-11
CCL Valor 1-09
CCL Glory 11-09
Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Admiral

Hard to beleive a week is almost over. I am slowly getting on my feet but very tired. Oh and I bought another town house yesterday! Yup, the exact same one as mine, steps from mine......and my mother and sister will move in less than eight weeks time. The farm goes on the market this weekend. My mother finally realizes my sister cannot live alone in the country, even with me going every week, life will be terribly lonely and sad. Wow do I have alot to do, the move, transfering her medial care, but it will be well worth it for sure. The house is move in ready, all it needs is a painting to get rid of the "vibrant" colours. It will be easier for my sister to move out here while my mother is still alive and my mother said if she dies in the mean time, to continue on, that this is the way it must be. This way they can place their stuff, keep what they want, give away what they dont want, and just make it the way that they want. So, it will be busy, but a busy I can deal with. If my mother last through the move, it also means, when it is time, it will be easier as she will be living steps from me so I can care for her without these endless long drives.

Have a great day every one!
Old February 5th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

Like most of the rest you I am "enjoying" a brisk morning - the tv says it is -4, but my thermometer says it is -9.

Another busy day here...

Finally remembered to reschedule my bone density test - and it some how was scheduled the same day I needed to go for more blood work, so it saves me one trip over to the hospital - which is a good thing.
Got the results of my vitamin d test - results were not good at all. The doctors orders said to take calcium and vitamin d at least once, if not twice a day. They failed to mention the dosage amount - and since they come in different mg sizes I guess I need to call them and ask for a specific amount. Why do they make it so hard and confusing. Are all doctors like this? It is like they want you to fail at trying to keep a handle on your health care.

Delft - wow - you have a big job ahead of you. I hope you will get lots of help with this move and with getting the town house ready. I am glad that they will be so close to you, it will be much easier and grant you more peace of mind. I am praying for you and your health as well as for your mom and sister.

Trip - hope dh is better!

RD - feel better!

Judy - hope all went well with your appointment yesterday

Luanne - you are often in my thoughts and prayers

Hoping Trevor is making progress!

Todd and Fran - prayers for you both as well. Great news about your next bathroom redo!

BW - hoping the interview was a smashing success!

Well, I better bust a move ...
Old February 5th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where we're in the deep freeze once again. It says -21C, feels like -29C which translates to -20F, so it's another bundle up day! At least the sun is shining....

My cold is progressing nicely, I feel absolutely rotten, but it's nothing compared to what some of you are going through.

Delft, feel better, take it easy and don't do too much.

VTJen, I was told to take 2 Calcium with Magnesium and Vitamin D tablets a day. I haven't heard any negative results from my bone density test, so I assume everything is still OK.

Luanne, still thinking of you each day, take it one day at a time.

Todd, I don't envy you doing another reno project. We did our kitchen a few years ago, and I never want to live through that again!
About 2 years ago I re-did our bathroom by myself, (with some professional help for the plumbing part). Since it is the only bathroom, it had to be done quickly!

Well, I'd better be on my way, have an early morning Dr. appointment before work. Take care everyone, and stay warm!

donna
Old February 5th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

OH my goodness RD that is just TOOOO COLD!!!! And Jen - no morning like today is brisk. Just makes me want to hibernate. Brisk is 60.

Delft - you sure do have a lot ahead of you.

Andy - we got the same routine everyday! Just like groundhog day.

Luanne - just thinking about you gal.

Everyone - KEEP WARM, take it easy, and the weekend is just around the corner.

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old February 5th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Glad it's Thursday, I really hate to tell you the temps here in Ks., - so I won't I do feel for all of you who are in the cold temps - have been there before and really don't want to go there again!!!

Hang in there - pretty soon we'll all be complaining about the heat!!

Have a great day - prayers for all of you who are in need.
Old February 5th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a dull, winter day in Texas.

I have had two really rough days, so this morning I woke up hoping that this would be a good one.

I do so good sometimes, and then bam, something happens, and I just cannot cope with it.

This would definitely not be a good time for me to run this country. "What do you mean you can't take my phone call" Boom your gone.

Today Joe's girl friend is coming to the house to pick up stuff. She is an ex girlfriend, and we found notes on his computer talking about how much he loved her, and the fact that she had gone back to her ex-boyfriend. I thought about printing it out for her, but have decided not to. I don't want her to feel worse than she does. I will just tell her how much he cared.

I realized yesterday that we have all aged ten years. The pain is unbelievable.

Delf, continued prayers for you and your family.

Donna, Get well soon

Jen, Love you

To all others, thanks again for the prayers. I need them a little bit longer, before I am able to walk on my own.

Have a good day all,

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 5th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............37 right now but high 40's to low 50's for the high........had a record 63 yesterday!!!!

Luanne.........you're in our thoughts........I think you're doing the right thing with the x-girlfriend.........

Trip......hope Bruce is feeling better............

Get to pick up taxes today..........the fun part......paying for them......yuck

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old February 5th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Admiral

RD,

Thought it was cold this morning at 14F until I read your temps in Montreal. Brought back memories of standing out on a firing line up in Watervliet NY with the temp of 15 below and the wind blowing about 23 mph. Would be outside for ten hours with only an hour break for lunch....and it didn't bother me. Today, I couldn't begin to even imagine it, much less do it again!

We had about two to three inches of snow yesterday so the contractor is starting today. Don't you'uns from up North laugh now until you know what the country is like around these parts coupled with the fact that snow removal isnt' secondary around here, hell, we're lucky if it's fifthary!

Delft, hope you feel better really soon and Jen, we hope your medical tests coe out alright. Luanne, believe me, we feel your pain and pray for you every night. Bahamamomma and Sharon, it's supposed to go up to the upper fifties tomorrow here as well. And a shout-out to you CruiseNOID, as well!

Gosh how I wish I were with the gang down in New Orleans!

Todd
Old February 5th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,
Don't have much time but wanted to pop in to give out cyber hugs too all my mates. D/h should be in his interview right now. My parents are heading this direction after spending the night in Jackson, MS.

Had a great dinner at Acme Oyster House last night, kids loved it too. The temp was 50 degrees and nice when we arrived. Today I am moving to our new digs at the Holiday Inn SD.

D/H and Sis should arrive in the wee hours.

Take care and will report more soon.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 5th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Pocono Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo
Good morning everyone from a dull, winter day in Texas.

I have had two really rough days, so this morning I woke up hoping that this would be a good one.

I do so good sometimes, and then bam, something happens, and I just cannot cope with it.

This would definitely not be a good time for me to run this country. "What do you mean you can't take my phone call" Boom your gone.

Today Joe's girl friend is coming to the house to pick up stuff. She is an ex girlfriend, and we found notes on his computer talking about how much he loved her, and the fact that she had gone back to her ex-boyfriend. I thought about printing it out for her, but have decided not to. I don't want her to feel worse than she does. I will just tell her how much he cared.

I realized yesterday that we have all aged ten years. The pain is unbelievable.

Delf, continued prayers for you and your family.

Donna, Get well soon

Jen, Love you

To all others, thanks again for the prayers. I need them a little bit longer, before I am able to walk on my own.

Have a good day all,

Luanne
Luanne;
Keep your chin up and take it one day at a time. Some days will be rougher than others, just keep the lord in your heart and you will get through this. God Bless

Monarch of the Seas 3-92
Celebrity Century 7-96
Dawn Princess 2-97
Enchantment of the Seas 11-98
Rhapsody of the Seas 8-99
CCL Inspiration 8-08, 8-11
CCL Valor 1-09
CCL Glory 11-09
Old February 5th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Admiral

Default So Happy It's Thursday

Good morning from an overcast Southern California. Ma Nature is preparing to rain on us. Good! Amber is right: brisk is 60!

The infectious diseases doctor told me that I have two different infections, that I am "immono-compromised" because of the diabetes and breast cancer surgery, and he put me on yet two more antibiotics. He also said that the infections were "small" and that the clinic should not have delayed the chemo because of them. :evil: So, anyway, I have another ten-day reprieve.

Keith wants to go to Arizona to visit his brother and a cousin who is flying himself in from Iowa at the end of the month. We could use the break but I don't know if that will happen.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old February 5th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamamomma
Glad it's Thursday, I really hate to tell you the temps here in Ks., - so I won't I do feel for all of you who are in the cold temps - have been there before and really don't want to go there again!!!

Hang in there - pretty soon we'll all be complaining about the heat!!

Have a great day - prayers for all of you who are in need.
Mrs. TM never complains abou the heat, but she sure complains about the cold.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old February 5th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Cold, cold, cold, describes Virginia Beach, where it is brrr, in the mid twenties today. Yep, ol' man winter hit the Tidewater area with a vengeance! Rollerdonna, so sorry to hear that you are "under the weather". How about a nice bowl of chicken soup; they say that is good for the soul. I ventured out to the gym, then picked up some groceries at Wal-Mart. I am home until I go to work. Spring can't come soon enough! May all my fellow cruisemates have a great day.
Old February 5th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Admiral

You too, have a nice day
Old February 5th, 2009, 07:32 PM
First Mate

Mates,
I hope you have all had a nice day. Our Thursday at school went well, pretty much uneventful. Tomorrow no kids, so we have a day to plan and catch up. Of coarse I have lots on my to do list....I know it won't all get done.
I too wish we were in New Orleans planning to get on board. I hope the bloggers all have a wonderful time.

jojo