Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday!

Morning All, from Montreal, where there is a very weak wintry sun trying to shine through the cloud cover. My weather thingy says freezing rain is in store for us today, I hope not, but it is warmer at -7C (19F) so maybe...

My miserable winter cold is still hanging on. I don't feel as bad as yesterday, at least my head doesn't feel like it will explode! Still all in the head and nose, at least no nasty cough to go with it.
I do have pre-made plans to go out for brunch with friends today, but after that, it's back to resting and recovering.
Looks like a good day to finish another jigsaw puzzle....

donna
Old February 7th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Pocono Pug

Good Morning Mates;
Its Saturday and the weatherman says were heading for a warmup. Right now its 16 degrees but they tell us its going to hit 45 by this afternoon. I like that!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Andy

Monarch of the Seas 3-92
Celebrity Century 7-96
Dawn Princess 2-97
Enchantment of the Seas 11-98
Rhapsody of the Seas 8-99
CCL Inspiration 8-08, 8-11
CCL Valor 1-09
CCL Glory 11-09
Old February 7th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. It is beautiful weather her this morning.

Looks like the "Bloggers" are having a great time already. I sure wish I could have gone with them, but just cannot take off work this early in the month. It's a busy time at work.

I'm going to pop over and check on my Facebooks friends now.

Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old February 7th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning all from a very warm( the windows are open) Texas, where we are expecting a little rain tomorrow.

Yesterday was a good one. I was able to go out to dinner, and shop for a new mattress for Josh. I felt a little panic, but it wasn't bad.

I hope the bloggers have a good time. I wish I was there.

Everyone else, have a good one, and God Bless you.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 7th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Admiral

GoooooOOOOOD MORNING! It's a "beautiful day in the neighborhood" with glorious sun shiny skies and a temp that is due to soar to almost 60F here in upper East Tennessee!!!!

To all 'o you'uns in the northern climes, I'll attempt to employ in print the inimitable style of Don Pardo when I invite you'uns to, "C'moooon DOWN!

Fran is thrilled with her new bathroom and her being thrilled makes my month. Removal of not one but three linoleum floors , installation of a new concreteboard underlayment overlaid with beautiful ceramic tile, a new 17" very water efficient 17 inch high toilet identical to the one we just installed in our bathroom (those of you our age and older will appreciate how much we wanted that upgrade) and the doors and trim painted white to match the walls and ceiling.....all at only six hundred and change. Sure can't beat them apples ..... even for a small bathroom.

Am glad to hear RDonna that at least you're a wee bit better. Even though I'm not to supposed to use it, I have such severe sinus problems that when it gets to the point I can't breathe, I spray a little Aprin into each nostril and less than ten minutes later I can breathe normally.

Hope everyone else who is ailing is better today as well! Blessing on all y'all and prayers of course continue for those needing them.

Todd
Old February 7th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Good Morning
I have already been to walmart, had breakfrast with a friend, and will get the house a litle cleaned up before the papers get signed with the house offer that I am buying. My mother is nervous, that is for sure, but she is OK. She is determined now to still be alive to move and settle my sister. I have so much work ahead of me BUT I just feel so much better about things. This really will be for the better. This weekend, two months from now will be moving day.

Glad Fran lkikes the bathroom, I have contractors coming next week, as I will demolish both bathrooms and put in new. I am looking forward to this. I will also do the front hallway, change the banisters along the stair cases and I want to change all the doors in the house as well as the whole house will be painted and also in the basement I am removing the wood panel and doing new walls. Its been on the to do list for a long time but I stopped fter the new kitchen as I was just to busy and to over whelmed all of the time. Now I have decided ah if life will be hard, then I may as well make it good and hard and busy and then when things get easier my house will be as I like it! Step by step.

Hope your better RD, Luanne, I hate shopping for beds! Have a great day.
Old February 7th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates.

It is supposed to warm up - but it is still a bit chilly - I won't complain tho- as anything at this point over zero is pretty much a heat wave.

Spent the morning finishing up paper work. My niece and dd want to go to two movies this afternoon: New in Town and He's Not Into You (or whatever the name of it is). The timing doesn't work out to do back to back so not sure what I will do in between, maybe errands. Or come home and work on laundry.

Should try to organize my desk a little, sort coupons, look at flyers and figure out my grocery list and menu's for the week. I hate doing this, but I find it saves me money in the long run, and I am trying to be smarter with my funds when I can.

Luanne - you are doing great...
Delft - wow, good for you. I wish I could do that to my house, but have to wait til son is done with college I think. I know you will enjoy it. Keep hanging in there - you too amaze me!
Todd - yeah on your new bathroom
RD - glad to hear you a bit better. DD and I just started a new jigsaw last night - my mil insisted we would love it and had to do it - we hate it. It is a shaped leaf with a farm scene in the middle - it just isn't a very fun or interesting picture to work on, but hate to disappoint mil so we are trying to get it done asap, then on to something we will enjoy better.

Hope all the mates have a wonderful day, whether they be on sea or land.
Old February 7th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday

Good morning from soggy, but sunny, Southern California. First sun we've seen in a couple of days. We've had some really hard rain, much needed.

Well, so far, I see little change in the infection problem. Although the toe looks better, the doctor said that is it severely damaged. So far, I haven't lost it and it continues to grow. No change in the finger, though.

Don't have any specific plans today. Like Donna, I am ailing with a sinus infection and an ear ache.

Have a good day.

Judy
Old February 7th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Morning from cloudy Florida. The temps are rising, and it's good to get back to being able to go out without a jacket on. :-)

Todd, glad to hear that your remodeling project is finished and everyone is happy. That was fast work!

Delft, I was happy to read about the relocation project for your mom and sister. What a relief for you to have them closer!

Judy, sorry to hear that you are still dealing with the infection. You have been through so much, but your strong spirit and positive attitude are shining through.

RD, glad to hear you are feeling a bit better today. Stick to your plan for more R&R this afternoon.

Luanne, I keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

To all of you take care and have a good one.
Phyll
Old February 7th, 2009, 01:27 PM
First Mate

thoughts and prayers to everyone today. Esp Luanne. Don't you wish we were all on a cruise together?
Have a fun weekend..........
Susie
Old February 7th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Admiral

Good evening from Virginia Beach where we had a respite from the cold weather. It was in the upper 50's for most of the day. Laziness took over me and I stayed in bed til almost 10:00 a.m. I headed to Dollar General to pick up some liquid soap for the diswasher and found toys at 75% off. Being the grandmother that I am, I could not resist buying a few toys. It's always nice to have something new for the kids to play with when they come down to visit. In October they had a wonderful sale online at Restaurant.com; I purchased $25 gift certificates for $2.00 and we used one tonight. Now if I could only garner some coupons for the restaurants in the ports we are gooing on our next cruise! Have a great evening fellow cruisemates. Rollerdonna, take care of your cold and Todd, I am glad to hear that Fran is happy with her new bathroom.
Old February 10th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Beginner

hey, i found you!! sorry you are under the weather. i will write more later and peruse the site. see ya. debbie bentley
Old February 10th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Welcome aboard Debbie!

I think you'll find ours a fun bunch with which to hang out and thank you for choosing the finest website ever to be devoted to cruising.

Todd