Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning

Not much on toay's agenda save helping Fran around the house and with the laundry, etc.

Today's menu is really basic. We start of with Vegetable soup or as Wolfgang Puck pronounces it, Vege-ta-ble (with a long "a') , Ceasar Salad, petite sirloins (that I'm gonna' try on the George Forman grill), baked potatoes with butter and sour cream, steamed asparagus (why is it that everything I love including the vegetables is always so expensive?), very sweet corn and German chocolate cake for dessert.

Okay, a little food trivia for you. German chocloate cake is not named after the country. Actually it should be "German's chocolate cake" as it's named after Sam German, a fellow who worked for Baker's Chocolate Company (now owned by General Foods) back around the mid 1850's.

Waiting with eager anticipation for more news from the Blog To Nola front.

Blessings on all 'o you'uns and prayers for those needing them.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Going to be 50 ish today..yayayayyay!! Depending on Bruce feeling up to it, I may wallpaper the bathroom..we shall see...

Todd, dinner for us today will be, Home made onion soup, center cut pork roast,,and maybe that fafalle,sauted brussel sprout, in alfredo sauce side..another we shall see, if not, potatoes, and my home made cole slaw...I would like to get out of this big Sunday dinner habit but, I guess after 41 years, it's just not happening....

Good thoughts to all in need and....

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 8th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Yeoman

Stop that Todd! Your making me hungry. My Mother-in-law is cooking lunch today as she does every Sunday. I can't wait! She's such a good cook.

The temp is supposed to get to 62 here today. I'm getting spring fever.

Is CQ on a cruise right now? I haven't seen her post in 4 or 5 days. Maybe Kat could virtual cruise her over on the Last Gang thread.
Carnival Legend
HAL Eurodam
Caribbean Princess

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/s...avelin&match=1
http://www.igougo.com/profile/profil...emberID=574103
http://picasaweb.google.com/beentravelin
Old February 8th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Good Morning, where I had a very bad night sleeping. Getting ready now to go for breakfrast with a friend.

Signed the house papers yesterday. I take possession April 1st. They are both complaining bitterly how hard it is to give up the country etc etc, guess what? I know it will be hard, and I am not to tired to care. I told my mother to complain to some one else. In the mean time, I will continue to do the work on what HAS to be done in order for my sister to have half a chance at life.

Have a great day every one.
Old February 8th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone;

I had a good night's sleep but was awakened at 05:30 by my grandson who had to use the "Big Potty". I'm glad he woke me up rather than the alternative. Not bad for a three year old. After that everyone was awake (we have the grandson and granddaughter with us for the weekend).

I made omelets for Betty and I and Grandpa Mike McMuffins for the kids. (Egg sandwich with bacon and cheese). Clog the arteries at an early age is my motto.

After the kids leave today we will go grocery shopping and replenish the supplies. The cupboard is almost bear. After that we'll catch up on some of the shows we DVR'd while we were gone. It's Betty's last day of vacation so she wants to get the most relaxation she can from it.

I hope everyone is doing well and the Bloggers are having fun. I'm still wondering why there is no room service button on my phone and last night I asked Betty if she wanted to eat at Cagney's or Sushi for dinner. I guess reality will set in soon.

Have a great Sunday and a fantastic week.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 8th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where I overslept, but I guess I needed it.
After we went out for brunch yesterday, I came home and had a 3 hour nap!
This cold is just dragging me down, but sleep seems to help.

Today we are going out for another brunch, this one called "Bark'n Brunch" sponsored by an animal rescue organization. You get to bring your dog, and there's a buffet brunch for the owners and dog biscuits for the dogs.
Your entrance fee is a donation to the organization - great fundraiser!

After that, I will probably have another long nap and then decide what's for supper.... Todd and Trip, your's sure sounds good!

donna
Old February 8th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Admiral

Trip, can I come over for dinner? Your Sunday dinner beats ours in spades! I LOVE Brussel Sprouts and have never had them in a cream sauce. Will have to try that. Fran says that I could put a cream sauce on (insert unmentionable term here) and I'd eat it .

I also love pork roast but I like cuts that have a lot of fat. Those days ended this past Monday when she put me on a diet. I'm one of those "live to eat" people who also believes that if it isn't heart clogging, cholesterol filled, it ain't worth eating!

I'll just have to pretend your dinner is ours. BTW, Fran makes French Onion soup in a unique way taught to us by a friend who went to the Culinary Institute in Hyde Park, NY. He adds some apple juice and wine and finishes it off with a spot of cream. Not traditional by a long shot but as Mr. Food says, "Boy, is it GOOOOOD!" Of course my bowl requires three slices of provolone atop the crouton that has been VERY well browned under the broiler!

Todd
Old February 8th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Todd, there is always a seat at our table for you, and Fran This onion soup recipe I got from Martha Stewarts Magazine, and it's called spring onion soup. It has a chicken base, not beef....should be interesting.

I also agree that the fat on a pork roast, especially if you have the bone in, those ribs are to die for, no pun intended..I too stopped eating them years ago...Everyobody inthe house knew, those bones were mine

I raise my cuppa tea, to say...bon appetit

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 8th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Admiral

RDonna,

That is a GREAT idea for a fund raiser! Will have to float that one by the Humane Society Board.

TDH
Old February 8th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning

RD, well, today wouldn't be a good day for an animal fund raiser here. It's just pouring. But what a great idea to raise money!

No special plans today. Just need the gumption to go out in the rain and get the paper! I can hear the coffee pot chugging away . . .

Hav a great Sunday, all.

Judy
Old February 8th, 2009, 01:42 PM
First Mate

Dear Mates,
Happy Sunday...We are getting a slow start to our day. I do have potatoes frying and DH just made coffee. Yesterday I went to watch our grandson play basketball, a jaunt to the grocery store and a quiet evening.
It looks like the bloggers cruise is off to a great start. It makes it fun to be with a great bunch of people.
Todd and Trip, your dinners sound wonderful. I am not sure what we will have.
RD we hope you get to feeling better. The doggie brunch sounds like a fun fundraiser.

jojo