Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Captain

Default Katlady, If you thought you were mad before...

Check out this article. http://www.people.com/people/article...258553,00.html

The octuplets mom now accepting donations through her website. For your convenience you may use mastercard, visa, american express or discover. UNBELIEVABLE. Surely there is a law against selling your children this way.
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Katlady, If you thought you were mad before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Littletime

The octuplets mom now accepting donations through her website. For your convenience you may use mastercard, visa, american express or discover. UNBELIEVABLE. Surely there is a law against selling your children this way.
That's it I'm setting up my own website called support a childless couple. You can send money so I can go on more vacations. I will post pictures of my lastest cruise that you donated money to. What do you think? This lady can have a whole brunch of kiss my bass.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old February 11th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Admiral

It's bad enough that she has not worked in years and is getting assistance but this is disgusting. I watch the Today show and so many that have been asked questions about this lady have all said she has no idea of what she is doing to her kids. A couple of them actually stated that they thought she was trying to get one of the tv production companies to pay her for a show about her family. I sure hope that none give her the time of the day much less a show, I sure wouldn't watch it. Of course that is probably the only way she will be able to really provide for the kids.

I really hope that few "donate" money to her thru the web site.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old February 11th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Today's Dr. Phil is on this subject, unbelieveable!!

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 11th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

And he just pled her case to donate money.. AHHHHHHH He said if you don't feel compelled to help her, think about those poor babies. UNBELIEVABLE
Old February 11th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Admiral

hez, that makes another reason I don't watch Dr Phil. He comes up with some pretty bad ideas.

Katlady, I'll join you in starting a website to help me with crusing. A late middle aged couple needing money to cruise because we have 2 grandsons that need presents.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old February 11th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Pocono Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
Quote:

That's it I'm setting up my own website called support a childless couple. You can send money so I can go on more vacations. I will post pictures of my lastest cruise that you donated money to. What do you think? This lady can have a whole brunch of kiss my bass.
Let me know where to send donations

Monarch of the Seas 3-92
Celebrity Century 7-96
Dawn Princess 2-97
Enchantment of the Seas 11-98
Rhapsody of the Seas 8-99
CCL Inspiration 8-08, 8-11
CCL Valor 1-09
CCL Glory 11-09
Old February 11th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Admiral

Of course people will donate.

P.T. Barnum said it best when he said, "There's a sucker born every minute....."

Old February 11th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono Pug
Quote:
Quote:

Let me know where to send donations
I wonder if I can set up an ebay auction. Then you come send you donations through paypal.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old February 11th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Admiral

well the upside to this is if she has to claim her donations; then the taxpayers won' thave to pay for her & the babies
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old February 11th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:

I support your cause, but I think that Mrs. TM and I should go along to make sure the money is being properly spent.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old February 12th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Now I know why I never liked Dr. Phil. I guess I will set up a website too. After all those single supplements are expensive!! I already have Pay Pal ready to go! This woman has a lot of nerve to expect the public to support her and her children.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old February 12th, 2009, 06:59 AM
First Mate

i agree that this is OUTRAGEOUS, but i also don't confuse the sins of the mother with the total innocence of those babies, who didn't ask for any of this. it is a real 'pickle' of a situation. now, i am setting up my own site to collect donations; it is called 'send a poor retired priest on an around-the-world cruise.' i, however, am not granting indulgences!!!
Old February 12th, 2009, 07:10 AM
Captain

Quote:
Quote:

I love your suggestion and would prefer to support your cause to be honest. Let me know when you're set up.

But seriously, I don't know why this irritates me as much as it does when there are so many other issues out there but this woman is really just too much for me. Poor poor babies, brought into a circus to financially support the ringmaster. And shame on Dr. Phil, his encouragement will only lead to others having the same idiotic idea of reproducing for profit. This world has enough starving children living below the poverty line.
Old February 12th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Admiral

This whole thing has me asking a lot of questions....
she says she lots of people don't spend time with her kids, but she is going to be there and hold them and blah blah blah
well- if she is going to school - how much has she been there for her other kids - if her mom is the one that is always there with them?
How can she go to school and take care of 14 kids.
Yet she says once she gets her degree she can support the kids -
does she go to school for free? Who pays for it? How did she get money to support her kids if she was saving money to have ivf? I don't know how much that costs, but before you get gov't assistance don't you have to prove you don't have any money? Then when they know you have no money the help you, but why are they helping you if you have all this money to keep having ivf?
I don't get it.
I have to believe she is nuts, cuz no matter how does any sane person rationalize that having more kids is ok when they can't adequately take care of the ones they have, without being a big impostion on every one.
I realize she never dreamed she would have 8 - but still you had 6 and couldn't keep up with them without having your mother help you.

I would have liked to have more kids - but for two reasons I chose not too because I thought to have more would be irresponsible
reason one - w/ 1st child I had some trouble and had 4 blood transfusions. The doctors all told me that they were not sure why this happened but said they really thought that it would not happen again if I had another child.
So I believed them and had child number 2 - pretty much the same results. So they then said we don't know why this happens, but now we think it probably will happen with every pregnancy.
I knew then that if my life was going to hang in the balance everytime it would be pure selfishness to have more children and take a chance I might leave two children motherless.
Reason number 2 - my husband and I knew what we wanted to be able to offer our children and that to have more we would not be able to realistically be able to pay for more. We wanted them to be able to play sports if they wanted, have lessons for music, travel and go to college - if we had more then this things would not have been possible and we would have had to scrimped by the whole time they were growing up.

It is too bad that you don't have to take a test or something to have kids.
I am by far not a perfect parent - and I have made tons of mistakes and lots of things I wish I could do over...but at least I tried to give my kids the best chance I could.

I do feel bad for these kids - I hate to see them suffer...but how do you help them with out enabling the mother even more. I don't think you can.
It makes me feel bad.

But then truly what is the matter with that doctor - he should not be allowed to practice medicene any more. I feel my blood pressure rising.
Old February 12th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Familiar Face

Now I am really P O.
I can't believe this
they need to take these kids away from here and give to people who really want to have kids to raise.
the nerve of her
Kathy
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:26 AM
First Mate

as you know, most of you, china has a policy of one child per family (maybe there are nuances here; let me know) and, i think, after two there is a forced sterilization. is this what we want and need? and how about the illegals who are really dropping kids at least around where i live so that they can automatically become american citizens. all of this said, it does seem, so sadly, that this woman had the kids to pay for her education or get her fifteen minutes of fame; she can't care for them, love them, and support them all. poor kids; what kind of lives are they doomed to have? this is, of course, the SIN of the irresponsible and selfish, yes SELFISH, so-called mother. it seems to me that the word 'mother' is an adjective as well as merely a noun.
i am not so much mad as i am deeply saddened by the whole thing. so-called mothers who would be better off in serious psychiatric treatment; doctors with no morals or ethics whatsoever---but never the babies, God bless them. democracy and freedom are supposedly grounded in morals and intelligence; there is neither in this case, so i suppose the government will have to step in. we are doing it to ourselves, folks, from seat belt laws to unopenable bottle caps, to disasters like this. well, enough from my soapbox.
Old February 12th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Captain

On the note of sterilization, I think it should be mandatory for some parents, the baby breeder with 14 should be the first one done. I'm all for this freedom of choice stuff that our various charters grant us but when does a baby get some benefit from this. Do you think anyone would ever want to be born to someone this selfish and uncaring? And yes, she is uncaring. She opted to have at least 6 embryos implanted when she knew that she already had six kids at home that she likely wasn't caring for so she is uncaring. I think the child abusers should be next in line and it should be both sexes. And poor Hombre, you thought you were on your soapbox I should stop now. Suffice to say, parenting is an honor and a blessing and it is a heck of a lot of work and dedication, I personally don't think this woman deserves the blessing or the honor nor does she understand what love really is. If she really loved those children she'd find them homes where they would be loved and cherished for the true gifts that they are. People like this have babies, yet people like Luanne lose theirs, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?
Old February 12th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Dr. Frickin' Phil is doing ANOTHER show on her.

My Choice to have Children was taken away from me in 1998 (at age 37) because of severe endometriosis, resulting in a total hysterectomy.

I would also like to take up a collection for myself. I'm single, lost my job, depressed most of the time, trying to figure out how to make ends meet and keep my house without the financial support of my ex. Everybody i know is either going away or just came back... I've had ONE real vacation in my life (the cruise in Oct with my sister rd) and LOVED IT SO MUCH, i cry when i think i will never go on another one. I KNOW that soooo many people are far worse off, but sometimes, i just like to have a little pity party for myself..

Speaking of good causes, how about the fires in Australia? Hundreds of people and animals have lost their lives and homes and it is still going on.
Old February 13th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Admiral

Saw the little Koala bears on t.v. That was cute and sad at the same time. hope they are ok.
Old February 17th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hombre
as you know, most of you, china has a policy of one child per family (maybe there are nuances here; let me know) and, i think, after two there is a forced sterilization. is this what we want and need? and how about the illegals who are really dropping kids at least around where i live so that they can automatically become american citizens. all of this said, it does seem, so sadly, that this woman had the kids to pay for her education or get her fifteen minutes of fame; she can't care for them, love them, and support them all. poor kids; what kind of lives are they doomed to have? this is, of course, the SIN of the irresponsible and selfish, yes SELFISH, so-called mother. it seems to me that the word 'mother' is an adjective as well as merely a noun.
i am not so much mad as i am deeply saddened by the whole thing. so-called mothers who would be better off in serious psychiatric treatment; doctors with no morals or ethics whatsoever---but never the babies, God bless them. democracy and freedom are supposedly grounded in morals and intelligence; there is neither in this case, so i suppose the government will have to step in. we are doing it to ourselves, folks, from seat belt laws to unopenable bottle caps, to disasters like this. well, enough from my soapbox.

HEAR HEAR

Very well said. I so agree with you.
Darlene
Destiny-4/9/2000-E. Caribbean
Valor-5/11/2008
Liberty-5/1/2010
Pride 4/21/2013
Pride 9/8/2013
Imagination 11/11/2013
Pride 12/8/2013

LOVE TO CRUISE