Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

View Poll Results: Which shoe should I get?
Shoe A 4 16.00%
Shoe B 2 8.00%
Shoe C 13 52.00%
Shoe D 6 24.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2009, 09:50 AM
Admiral

Mean Dean what do you notice about this young lady?

If you said her legs, understand that she is only 5.1. Part of the reason she looks so tall are the very high heels she is wearing. You say you look at the whole package and I believe that, but we create the illusion. If you don't believe that you have much to learn. She probably doesn't like how short she is (I can relate) so she wants to create the illusion if height to feel better about how her legs look.

But that is beside the fact. I agree with VTJen I love shoes because they are cute and I enjoy shopping for them. My hubby loves me for who I'm and not what is on my feet. Why do you think I asked you guys opinion on the shoes. He doesn't care which ones I buy. If you have something you enjoy buying do people automatically assume you bought it to impress a female? It's a little odd to me that you think everything a woman does is to attract the attention of men. Sometimes a shoe is just a shoe.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old February 23rd, 2009, 12:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hey! Great shoes!!
Old February 23rd, 2009, 01:22 PM
Admiral

I have never ever worn shoes because I think a man thinks they will look nice on me. I wear shoes, and pick shoes according to what I LIKE and what MAKES ME feel good about what I am wearing. I don't care even a little whether Sam likes what I wear, or doesnt like it, it matters what I LIKE to wear and what I feel good wearing! I have never ever been shopping with another women who I saw shop accroding to what would make mer man think she looks good in. Any women I have ever known picks for the same reason I do. It is what they like and what they can afford. OK some times they like what they cannot afford to much, but they didnt buy it because a guy liked it!
Old February 23rd, 2009, 09:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

I wear my heels when dressed up because I love them. I can do anything in heels...run, climb, dance all night...and those heels range 2.5~3.5"

I wear them because I love shoes, the way I look in them with a pretty dress/outfit, the way a dress/outfit is completed by great looking shoes. I doubt I'm alone in that thinking.

And NONE of this has anything to do with what the men on this planet think of them. Men are either going to like the package, or they aren't. So what? I dress for me.
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old February 23rd, 2009, 10:21 PM
Yeoman

Well, Mean Dean can speak for himself! I disagree that men don't notice shoes. How you dress says a lot about you. Dress to impress. Oh, and shoes are one of the first things I notice. Besides, MeanDean just does this to get everone fired up. He's notorious for it.
Carnival Legend
HAL Eurodam
Caribbean Princess

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/s...avelin&match=1
http://www.igougo.com/profile/profil...emberID=574103
http://picasaweb.google.com/beentravelin
Old February 24th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by beentravelin
Well, Mean Dean can speak for himself! I disagree that men don't notice shoes. How you dress says a lot about you. Dress to impress. Oh, and shoes are one of the first things I notice. Besides, MeanDean just does this to get everyone fired up. He's notorious for it.
I know he does it's part of his charm.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Well, Mean Dean can speak for himself! I disagree that men don't notice shoes. How you dress says a lot about you. Dress to impress. Oh, and shoes are one of the first things I notice. Besides, MeanDean just does this to get everone fired up. He's notorious for it.
I agree
Too many great 'packages' (to use cutiecat's term) with UG A LEE shoes.

Hey Kat, what breed is the dog on the far right ?

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old February 25th, 2009, 01:53 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_G
Quote:
I agree
Too many great 'packages' (to use cutiecat's term) with UG A LEE shoes.

Hey Kat, what breed is the dog on the far right ?
Both are mutts, the one (Buddy Boy) sleeping my best guess is a mix of Spaniel and Chihuahua, or Spahuahua. Maggie is a terrier mix, she is 45 to 50 pounds and loves to dig. She looks like Benji on steroids.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old February 28th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Admiral

Sherry,

A very attractive young lady indeed! But no, her shoes weren't the first thing I noticed about her.....!

I've dated ladies shorter than I am, and never was interested in that aspect of her. I like a lady for who she is, and how I feel about her. Her shoes have never been a big part of that. I guess I'd rather have dinner with a wonderful lady, than a pair of shoes.

I wanted to express that I love the ladies in my life, foot coverings not withstanding. Perhaps I didn't put that across as I had intended...!

And I'll admit sometimes my perspective may be a bit pointed...

I'm not big on pill pushers, and as such may have been a bit harsh with Deflt.

Beentravelin,

Notorious. Hmmm.... Never been described that way. But I can understand why some may think that. I state what I believe, and I stand by it. If people are fired-up by what I think, perhaps that's a good thing. Perhaps they'll write me. Perhaps they'll write their Senator.......

But I can tell you I'd rather have spirited discussions with friends, than people-bashing fights with enemies.

I have particularly strong beliefs when it comes to the United States Navy. You may have noticed that...

On the other hand, anyone who believes differently, who expresses a logical, reasoned, empassioned point of view is welcome by me. Some of my best friends are those whom I can knock heads with, and then down a few beers with.

And while I may not knock heads with you, or down a few beers with you, you're always welcome to join the discussion, and that's alright by my book!

Sherry,

You didn't name Buddy Boy Flavious Maximus. You worry too much about your shoes. And you neglected us in the College Football thread. And you've been a particularly good friend and put up with my foibles. I'm proud to call you my friend!

Bobby G.,

It takes "Shoes" to bring you out??! Where the heck have you been??!!

Old February 28th, 2009, 01:57 AM
Admiral

Dean it was never my thread; I like real football not kids games. I mean really, maybe I will watch college football if they even get a real play off system instead of the "bowl" stuff. Bobby G was the College Football Thread. I'm NFL baby.

I'm obsessed shoes and I did name my dog Buddy Boy, but in his heart he is the warrior dog, Flavious Maximus. It's just his name tag said Buddy Boy.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old March 3rd, 2009, 09:57 AM
Admiral

My new shoes came in they are even nicer then the pictures. My hubby thinks I'm mental cause I smelled them. Nothing beats the new shoe smell. Even the box was super nice. They fit perfect and are really comfy.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old March 3rd, 2009, 03:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

I voted A for the Gran Torinos. Only becuase you did not offer E, "I don't give a chit" I am with Mean Dean here. I prefer a woman with no shoes.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10