Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Saturday Sunshine!

Hi Kids,
A bright and sunny day forcasted, but the winds of war are a comin! I am off to work today, to merchandise the windows, and the store, something I really enjoy doing....

Tomorrow, we are having a BIG birthday party for 5 family members, so, a spagetti dinner is on the menu..yum

Phyl, I cannot tell you how much I hope you have found Jake's passport...fingers crossed for all our CM'ers who need a kind thought today.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Good Morning. Yes, Phyl I sure hope you have that passport now. Tod glad you are back home.We had pouring rain all day yesterday and alot of snow melted. Then everything flash frooze and you can hear every one having trouble opening car doors and scraping ice from windows. I am a little discouraged because of problems with my port a cath. It's running, but they cannot withdraw bloods and that needs to be done weekly. It is kinked and they are having trouble unkinking it. Today is chores and alot of paperwork. It would be nice if I could put away the wash and vaccume as well. Tonight may be dinner with a good friend. The "kids" house is sold and the transfer takes place Monday. It will be almost a year since his mother died. It's been a long year with a very complicated estate because of her lack of responsibility. Well, at least the debts will be paid, the town home is sold, and he will have some money left over in the bank to have a future with. I am seeing the end of the tunnel in terms of my mothers paper work prior to the ove. Once she moves there will be a second round of paper work to change things needing to be changed once you move. ( medicare card and so on) but at least the medical records have been sent to the new doctor which she will see in two weeks time. Well , better head out the door. Hope every one has a good day.
Old February 28th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates! Well lets see what's new.D/H ran over to Indy late yesterday and got all of his paperwork done for his new job. Tonight I am going to take my Mom over to Champaign to see Buddy Guy. He is a really cool guitar player who's won 5 grammy's and have played with the likes of Eric Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughn. One of Mom's friends she knows from the World's Greatest Ragtime Piano Playing Contest is now touring with him and he provided her free tickets. So I am the chauffeur. But never the less, it will be a great show. Sis is coming along too and one of Mom's piano students. We're all meeting for an early dinner prior to the show.

There is very little happening here, we seem to just be waiting for this latest cold snap to pass and ride the next wave of warm weather in to spring (we hope). I need to get d/h's work clothes washed and re-pack his suitcase for the last time. He flies out to D.C. tomorrow for his final contract gig before starting to new job. He is on cloud 9. I am just happy it has all worked out.

I need to start working on my taxes soon. I have to file my corporate taxes by the 15th of March and our personal taxes by April 15th. My accountant hasn't called me yet, so I figure I must still have plenty of time . This is all gonna be soooooo much easier next year. I can't wait.

Hope everyone has a terrific weekend and prayers being sent for those of you who are hurting, or have needs.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 28th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. It's cloudy today with a chance of rain, and one station is predicting a SLIGHT chance of snow late tonight and in the morning. It hasn't snowed here in years and years. We'll just wait and see.

I'll be cleaning house in a while - UGH.

Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old February 28th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Admiral

Good morning from a cooler Houston area!

We have had very warm Spring-like temps lately, with a couple of days of 80+ degrees. Last night a front moved through, to drop us back into more seasonable temps (mid 50's) and very windy. No rain, though, and Texas needs it badly.

DH is still sleeping. Since his retirement, he has changed his sleeping habits, and now stays up much later and sleeps later each morning. This does give me a little "alone" time, so I'm good with it.

Todd, I'm glad to see that you posted this morning. I sure hope you are feeling better. You've been in my prayers.

Trip, what time should I be there for the Spaghetti dinner?

Beenie, the Buddy Guy concert should be great! Enjoy!

Phyll, I sure hope you are on your way to a ship ..... with 2 passports in hand!

Everyone enjoy your Saturday!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old February 28th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

Cold here - with wind it feels below zero - ugh

Not much going on here except for the neverending work....
wish there was something fun on the horizon, but sadly there isn't. Oh well.

Delft - I don't know how you keep up with everything
BW - sounds like a fun evening.
Trip - now I am hungry for sphaghetti

Wonder how Mike's fishing trip is going?

Hope you all have a great day,
Old February 28th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday Sunshine

Good morning from Phoenix where the sun shines and temps are toasty.

We had an uneventful trip here until we got to the city and then things slowed down mightely as we hit rush hour traffic. The hotel is beautiful, old and elegant, and surrounded by a gold course. This noon, we will attend a mini-reunion (11 of us) and see Keith's brother and his wife, among others.

Have a good day, people. We plan to get out and enjoy these warm 80-degree temps. Time to go do my arm exercises.

Judy
Old February 28th, 2009, 11:05 AM
First Mate

Good Morning Mates from SUNNY Western Colorado,

I also hope Phil found the missing passports. That would be heart breaking.

I am not sure exactly what todays agenda is. DH and I plan to do some cleaning in the house. It isn't too often that he offers to help so I plan to let him do that. Spring break is just a week away. I think I can handle five more days with the kids.

Those Phoenix temperatures sound wonderful.

Have a nice day everyone!

jojo
Old February 28th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a cool but nice spring day in Texas.

Not much planned for today, but I am sure a little house work is on the agenda.

I also hope that Phill is on that ship, or at least on her way.

Much love to all my Cruisemate family.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 28th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good afternoon friends, Lovely day here in Lakeland. Beezy and 79 degrees. I love this weather. I went out to breakfast this morning. It was my birthday gift to myself. I have errands to do this afternoon. I don't think I will mind a bit in this weather. Have a nice day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old February 28th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Happy Birthday Laura!!!
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 28th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from very rainy, Virginia Beach. Laziness overtook me this morning and I didn't get out of bed until after 10:00 a.m. Following a late breakfast, Rob and I headed to Lynnhaven Mall so he could pick up a few pairs of pants for our cruise in April. Who wouldn't take advantage of the sales? I had garnered a coupon for a buy one get one free coupon at T.G. I. Fridays so that is where we went for a great lunch. We are refinancing our house next week so I have been busy getting all of the paperwork ready. Hope that all of my fellow cruisemates enjoy your weekend and may the sun come out in Tidewater!
Old February 28th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Admiral

Laura, I second Luanne in my birthday greetings!

As stated on another thread, had a very relaxing day. I hope Trip, that your toil today is rewarded with a marvelously enjoyable evening.

BW, we always had a piano and my older brother was (and is) extremely gifted as regards that instrument. When it go to me we couldn't afford lessons so I taught myself rock 'n roll, boogie, etc. which of course, drove my mother up the wall. She used to say, "Stop that banging. You're beginning to sound like Dell Woods!"

One day the local piano teacher who taught all the millionaire kids, heard me banging one day and went to Mom and said he wanted me as a student. Mother said she wanted that too (if probably only for a bit more peace and tranquility) but she was sorry, we couldn't afford it. He said, "There will be no charge. Your son is very talented and I want him for a student." Well he kept things interesting so I wouldn't get bored and we were off to the races......for three months. He died suddenly. Mother was thereafter stuck with my type of music!

Thought the playing has never got better, I have a piano sitting in my living room to this day if only 'cause a house is not a home until it has a piano. BTW, I love light classical, ragtime, boogie, foot stompin' Gospel that 'ol time Rock 'n Roll and truth be told, just about everything else!

Todd