Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Captain

Default Its Wednesday or should I say hump day

Good Morning All

Yes it is Wednesday and another day to excel at work. We were supposed to pick up my oldest at the airport last night after a great vacation in California. However his flight was cancelled and reschedule for this morning. The second delay and he is stranded in Atlanta until this morning. The only thing that we were happy and pleased about....this delay was due to engine problems. The airlines put safety above profit for this flight and we are extremely happy about that.

Well it is off to work.

Y'all have a great Alabama Day.

Irish 8)
May your blessings outnumber
The Shamrocks that grow.
And may trouble avoid you
Wherever you go.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Admiral

Good morning Big Irish and all who follow. Glad they determined the problem with your son's plane BEFORE it was in the air!

Nothing exciting on tap for today. My first time out of the house will be tomorrow when we return for a check up of my hardware and I have further tests done. I'll certainly be glad when I can get back to a more normal routine and Fran doesn't have to carry all of the load.

BW, you really should have your own television show. It could be revolved around packing for a cruise, raising your children, completely remodeling your house along with redesigning your landscape and doing it all simultaneously. How you do it girl, I'll never know. I wish you had been around to train Fran over thirty-six years ago.

Prayers for Luanne and Jim, Judy, Delft and her Mum, Jen and all others who may be ailing.

Todd
Old March 4th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. It is 16 degrees, we still have 10 inches of snow, most of our kitchen is sitting in a dumpster in the driveway, our faimily room is filled with kitchen and dining room furniture, we have a temporary kitchen in the foyer and my side of the garage is being used to store kitchen appliances. Boy do I need this:

Magens Bay, St Thomas

Everyone have a great day!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old March 4th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

It is a bone chilling -6 this morning. Good news is it could warm up to 5 whole degrees this after noon. The sun is shining, which is the only thing that makes it bearable. This is very low temps for this time of year.

Off to work in a bit. Hope to get everything finished up today. Then hope to come home and make some sort of dent in what needs to get done here. Praying my second cup of coffee will some how impart some sort of super human energy...hey, you never know!

Hopefully the new printer I had to order for home will arrive today.
I need to order some new software for church, but I can't seem to remember to do it when I am there...maybe my brain will kick into gear.

Nothing new here worth noting.

Have asked my dr. office three times now about the possibility of my meds not being compatable and after two weeks I am still waiting for a simple answer. When I spoke with them on last Friday I said I would be more than happy to call the pharmacist and ask and I was assured that was there job and they would call me by Monday at the latest....this was after I had already waited over a week when I asked the question the first time. Perhaps I'll just go to the Pharmacy with my meds and ask myself...

Wishing all our mates a good day. Praying for many of you.
Old March 4th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..................not much happening here.......just same ole same ole......

Doug....isn't it fun 'storing' things?? I'm sure you'll forget all the bad when it's done......

Todd.......glad you're feeling chiper........hang in there.........

Thinking of y'all that need extra thougths & prayers...........

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old March 4th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Admiral

morning all,,
It's still cold here in the Tidewater of Va. But the sun is shinning so it "looks" warm.

I am headed out the door to Billsburg to do a detail this a.m. so not much time.

Prayers to those that need them,,,Doug nice to see you back,,,guess you've been busy with the kitchen?

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old March 4th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning all from an over cast Texas. We are due for a warm up, starting today, so I hope to get all these plants outside.

Not much going on. I am still working hard to made some sort of sense to my house. It needs to be sorted and thrown away, when it comes to junk.

I hope everyone is well.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 4th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates! Well it is a beautiful day today and it seems the weather will continue to improve over the next few days. Then the rain will come but it should stay in the warmer temps. I am praying this is the beginning of the "real" spring thaw and not just Mother Nature teasing us again. I will try to send some of this warm weather Jen's way since, I feel guilty keeping it all to myself.
I ran to the store yesterday and bought some more flower pots and stuff. I still need to get some good potting mix but I will wait until closer to planting time to buy that.
Today I need to start tackling my corporate taxes as they have to be filed by March 15th, otherwise my Accountant will kick me in the butt if I am not ready when he calls me to come down for my yearly flogging. Yesterday was my payday. My commissions came in, but evidently one of my big clients didn't pay their bill, so I won't see that money until next month... which I spose is God's way of helping me to budget for paying my taxes on April 15th...you all should know me well enough by now. I am not in a hurry to pay those 1 minute sooner that necessary.
Well lets see what else is new and exciting...
D/D is still asleep. D/s is watching Spiderwick Chronicles. I was blessed to be able to sleep in today until 9:30. Now I need to get motivated and finish cleaning up this house. We will hit the books for a while a little later today after lunch.
I spoke to my Mother in law yesterday. Things are going well for them up in Canada. I suspect my Mother in law wants to come down for a visit around d/h's birthday at the end of April. This will be their first visit in a few years. She just was not well enough to travel. I reclaimed the sunroom which at one time was our guest room since we just thought that they would not be able to visit again due to her poor health. She has been improving so much, so she's talking about making the trip. She also wants to stay out in our fifth wheel. I think they will like it out there. It's very beautiful and quiet and they'll have their own space complete with bathroom and shower. We can stock the fridge with all their favorite stuff, so they can have a snack at night. Maybe I'll set up the satellite TV so they can watch it at night before bed. It will be like camping only not having to "rough it".
I spoke to d/h last night. He is very anxious to get to work. This is a very long week for him. He can't wait to start the job Monday.

Oh my Mother....I am at my wits end with her. You know I told you that she agreed to go to the Doctor. Well she decided to head down to Panama Beach several days early to avoid having to go. They will be gone over a month. Lets hope that she doesn't kill some important brain cells while she is gone. I don't know what else to do with her. My Dad is absolutely no help at all, as he says... "I have to live with her". I guess this will have to wait until they return. I thought it was my children giving me gray hair, I was wrong, its my parents .

Todd you sound like you're starting to feel pretty good. I appreciate the kind words, but I have a feeling your darling Fran could teach me a thing or two.

Well I am off to the races. The mail should be here soon. Then hopefully I'll be off to the bank to make a deposit, if the mail God's are smiling on me

I hope you all have a wonderful hump day. Prayers going to those in need.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 4th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Default It's Wednesday, or Should I Say Hump Day

Good morning from a damp Southern California. My favorite weather maven says that we will get a "rain event" this afternoon.

The trip to Arizona was good for us . . . good to get away from not only health problems (they went with, actually), but routine, too. We were out on the I-10 with all the desert flowers and semis. Wendell, Keith's brother, spends the majority of his day doing exercises. He can use a walker, walks down the street for a ways each day, but still is mostly in a wheelchair. Next time I am whiney about the 20 minutes I spend twice a day doing arm exercises, I will think of him.

Gym day and laundry day. Maybe lunch in a Mexican restaurant later.

Judy
Old March 4th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Admiral

It's early afternoon here, and the sun is shining brightly, temps are stretching to the 50's - so there's hope yet!! Tomorrow is suppose in the 70's and I do hope they are right - by then all the snow should be gone and maybe we can have Spring start rolling in!!

Guess I'd better get back to work and clear off the desk would be nice to be able to see the top and not papers scattered everywhere.

Prayers for all and I wish you all a sunshine day!!