Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2009, 07:30 AM
Captain

Default Saturday

Good Morning All

Yea it's Saturday and a little after 0630 and I am setting here listening to an ABBA album as I type this. Been up for two hours and out of bed for about an hour. I hate it that I cannot sleep in, I would so love it if I could sleep in on the weekend.

It appears to be another beautiful weekend withe the highs climbing into the upper 70s. I do so love the spring and fall here in Alabama. The temps are back where they should be. I can were T-shirts and shorts, I will call 2 of my brothers back home (BW - they are in your neck of the woods, central Indiana) to talk and check on the weather. I know its sort of mean.....

Well you all have a great Alabama Day.

Irish 8)

These things, I warmly wish for you-
Someone to love, some work to do,
A bit of o' sun, a bit o' cheer.
And a guardian angel always near.
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Good mornin' Mates, from Central Florida, where it's supposed to climb into the mid to upper 70's as well. Sun is shining brightly, and all those "honey-do" projects are calling.
I too, have two brothers in Central Indiana, so I guess I'll be calling them to inquire about the weather too. I think it's about time for all of them to "come-on-down" for a cruise aboard "Inspiration" or "Legend". What a great family get together!

Ken
"SKY"
Old March 7th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Its alot milder here today, with sunshine. Yesterday we had a fair bit of rain which starts to melt some of the snow. DS starts to feel better again, and is on his way to work. I can never call him lazy thats for sure. Dogs seem to have all recovered from their dental visist and teeth pulling! Things are moving along quickly for my mothers move. Five weeks and she is here, 3 1/2 weeks and I have the keys. Next week she will meet her new doctors over here. Lots of driving over the next two weeks. Have a great day every one.
Old March 7th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Irish, Ken, Delft and all who follow.

Ah but it's a glorious Saturday as well here in upper East Tennessee with a high projected to be 74. Interesting day yesterday. Things such as cell phones and now this new ICD I have amaze me.

I was really feeling poorly yesterday, just no energy and I was of course quite frustrated. Just about the time I was thinking what a bummer, the phone rang. It was the Cardiac center 40 miles up the road saying they wanted to see me as soon as I could get there, that something was up with the ICD.

Long story short, I'd gone back into Atrial Fib and one of the leads may also have been withdrawing a bit. The Biotronik Technician came in with what looked like an overnight bag which contained his computer and using what looked like an optical mouse which he placed over my incision, got all sorts of info which then printed everything out on a tape. Then, using his computer the Tech resubmitted new directions to the Pacemaker part of the device right there in the room and without me knowing it, changed the parameters of my heart rate. He said I'd soon feel better and by the time we got back home I did. What started the whole affair is that my ICD had, unknown to me, transmitted a report that was sent by a special cordless phone typ device on my nightstand in the bedroom directly to Biotronik who then immediately notified my Cardiologist.

I now perceive at least another IV dose of Versed and yet another attempt to cure the Atrial Fib in the near future. Ah well, I'm feeling fine now.

How the above accompanied by some of the other electronic devices that are so common to us today work , nevertheless amazes me. I'm still boggled that I can pick up a very small telephone, call a number and within a few rings be talking to someone travling on a highway 30 miles West of San Diego. It's almost frightening.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and special prayers continu for all who whom need them along with requests for Blessings on everyone!

Todd
Old March 7th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Todd, technology is amazing.

Today I am taking my mother, my daughter, my granddaugher and myself and having a four generation photo made. This should be fun. I hate having my picture made. After all that FUN I guess we will go find something to eat that all four of us agree on.

It's foggy here this morning but should clear off and be in the mid 70's. Summer is hear, at least temporarily anyway.

Everyone have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old March 7th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Everyone! Todd it is amazing what can be done now and I am so happy you are benefiting from technology and you are feeling better. Thank goodness you had that implant. Irish, too bad you didn't call yesterday. We had lovely weather. It got up to 74 and sunny. It was really cruel because now I can't wait for the warm weather. It should be in the 50's and 60's the next few days but overcast or rainy. But at least it isn't freezing and this will green things up.

Today is busy, d/h was being nice to let us all sleep in, but luckily we all woke up in time. The kids both want to play ball this summer and join the swim club so sign ups are today until noon. So now I am kicking everyone in the butt to get them moving so they don't miss it because they will be very upset if they don't get to play this year. We haven't done any sports for a while because we were gone so much the last couple of summers. Well this year we won't be so I 'm glad the kids will get to do this. So watch out here comes the sport's mom!

I aurprised d/h when he got home. I presented him with a new license plate bearing the insignia of the university he attends and is now going to be employed by. He was so happy. The cat is even happy. Normally she tortures d/h for a day and ignores him and runs away from him because she's mad at him for being gone. Well somehow she's knows he's home for good. She won't leave him alone and was on him from the moment he walked in the door. It's strange how animals know.

Well I am off to little league sign ups. Pray for me!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 7th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday

Good morning from Southern California. Bright, sunny and cool here.

Irish, I did sleep in this morning. Couldn't believe that the clock said 8:30 a.m.!
Todd, that gizmo is, indeed, amazing. Saves your life, too.

We need a new mattress, so I went on line and looked up Sleep Number having seen their commercials so many times. It was fun getting sleep numbers for both Keith and me. I knew those mattresses would be expensive: $2600 plus, on sale, for a king size. Not the most expensive I've seen, but I won't be getting one.

No big plans today . . . maybe something thrilling, such as going to Costco . .

Judy
Old March 7th, 2009, 01:34 PM
First Mate

Good Morning Mates,
Now that it is offically Spring Break I seem to have come down with a cold. I just can't seem to warm up.

Last night we took my sister to the airport. She flew to San Jose and planned to leave today with her boyfriend for Puerta Vallarta. When they got ready to check in in San Francisco, she couldn't find her passport. We ere about to leave to drive to her house, 15 miles from here, when I decided to check in her car. Sure enough the passport and her address book were right there by the drivers seat. I guess they had fallen out of her purse. We were able to FEDX them, but she won't get it until Monday.
She and Dave plan to get married down there. Life seems to keep from getting dull.

Todd, that is amazing what science can do. Glad you are feeling somewhat better.

Beenie, so glad your husband is back home. Ir will be great for your whole family.

Judy, I hope your sunshine arrives in Colorado soon.

jojo
Old March 7th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Admiral

Uhhh, I just realized in my earlier post that if one is "driving 30 miles West of San Diego," it better be a boat!

Todd
Old March 7th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon, from unseasonable warm, in the low eightie's, Virginia Beach. I went with Rob to have some of his pants, for our upcoming cruise in April, tailored; then, while Rob did some repair work around the house, I went grocery shopping. Our daughter, her husband, and granddaughter are coming in next weekend so I definitely need food. Tonight Rob and I are celebrating our thirty-seventh anniversary, which was on Wednesday, at a great Thai restaurant in town. Todd, thank G-d for advanced medical devices! May all my fellow cruisemates enjoy this beautiful Saturday!