Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2009, 03:05 PM
Admiral

Default The Packing Begins

David and I will be leaving a week from today for our spring getaway. Poor little Knock-Knock (miniature dachshund) is freaking out because we got the first suitcases down out of the attic. He is very bright, but only when it comes to creature comforts, lol.

This week will be a busy one for me. I have rerport cards and parent conferences all week long, while still teaching school, packing suitcases, and readying our house and animals for the interlude.

We are just doing a typical 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise on the Sapphire Princess. We've done this cruise several times but like it because it is such an easy and economical way to get away for a week. We will spend all day in Puerto Vallarta visiting our very best friends, Mare` and Conrad. They are living in P.V. now fulltime in a lovely high rise ocean view condo. Mare` is a fabulous french chef, so I'm sure we're in for an outstanding long luncheon with multiple courses and way too much wine.
Did I mention wine???

Saturday we catch a 2.5 hour morning flight on Jet Blue from Portland to Long Beach. A 20 minute cab ride and we'll be checking into our cabin. This trip is sooooo easy and we have no major expectations other than to totally relax on the cruise and visit with our oh-so-good friends. This may sound boring but we are both ready and very excited. Go figure.

It's just time for a cruise fix, thats it!

Happy Cruising Y'all! 8) 8)
Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2009, 03:13 PM
Admiral

Bon Voyage Chuck, I can feel your excitement!
We loved the Sapphire Princess, although we didn't care much for some of the places we visited in ports, but having friends to visit should make all the difference to you.
If Tim is still on Sapphire as part of the CD's entertainment staff, say hi from me and mention the Walk for the Cure when I was walking for Judy!

donna
Old March 21st, 2009, 03:22 PM
Admiral

RD...I will gladly do so. We too have been on the Sapphire Princess and like her very much. We love Puerto Vallarta and our good friends make it a perfecxt port for us. We don't really care much for Mazatlan or Cabo either. But we have found ways to have fun in both ports, redefining them, and choosing to have a good time.

Doing a little shopping and a nice lunch in a well researched restaurant in ports like those is all you need, not to mention the embience of warm blue skies, salty air, and no Portland rain.

Cheers!
Old March 21st, 2009, 06:12 PM
Admiral

Sounds anything but boring...sea, sun, food, wine, friends, relaxation, ship, music...and shopping! Sounds wonderful, all except for having to leave KnockKnock behind.
Have a wonderful time.
Old March 21st, 2009, 10:52 PM
Admiral

Have a wonderful cruise, Check. Puerto Vallarta is also one of my favorite places. Before I met Jose, my daughter and I used to spend a lot of time there. Relax, enjoy being together, and have a great get away!
Old March 22nd, 2009, 12:06 PM
Admiral

Have a great cruise, Chuck!

Old March 22nd, 2009, 12:33 PM
Admiral

Chuck, have a wonderful time on your cruise to the Mexican Riviera. Puarta Vallarta is lovely but Rob and I also enjoyed Cabo San Lucas and Mazatlan. The peso is down compared to the dollar so you should have a great time shopping. Enjoy!