Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2009, 07:21 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday is here

Hey every one....what happened to my bright sun shine I have woken up with all week? Its dull and grey and there was a thin layer of wet snow............just enough to loook white. It will be ggone by mid morning....but reminded me that we should be due for at least one more snow fall.

My bedroom is packed and the wood torn from window frames etc in preparation for its re do tomorrow. It looks so empty and bare . I did alot of tossing with the packing! I must say I am a terrible pack rat.

Its a good friends birthday today so I am taking her for breakfrast this morning.

Have a great day every one.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 08:03 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Delft, I so understand what you're saying. It feels good though to get rid of the clutter. We finally started the flooring project in our bedroom. Yesterday we spent a good deal of time pitching junk. We needed to have space to rip up the carpet and work so we ended up removing a loveseat, and then just slid everything over to one side of the room. Once we get that half finished, we'll slide everything back over to the other side and do what remains. I was watching d/h and d/s working on taking up the tack strips and staples. D/S really wanted to help and I have to say they got it done in record time. I have to keep reminding myself that d/s is going to be 9 next month and to let him do more of this kind of stuff. He was a good helper and he and his Dad had a great time working together on the project. But it is amazing how much stuff one acquires over time. We really needed to do this. Even though my muscles and feet are protesting today. Looks like we are going to have a nice big garage sale here on the lane in June, it will be nice to see the entire neighborhood doing it together, since it ensures a great turnout. I would really like to unload more stuff!

Only Sami and I are awake right now. She woke me up at 7 and I had to climb over d/h to get out of bed, since the bed is shoved up against the wall. I started out my day feeling like I was a contortionist in the circus, trying to navigate the gauntlet to get out of bed. The kids are still sleeping. D/D is having a rough time with allergies right now and is developing a bad cough. I hope it gets better, but she was starting to run a temp last night at bed time. This winter was the first time I ever got a flu shot. I generally end up with some kind of awful illness at least 4 times a year, generally sparked by my allergies to a list of things as long as my arm depending on the time of year. For whatever reason, any little illnesses I may have had this year were very short lived and easily shaken off. Not sure if it has anything to do with the flu shot or I am getting better at heading the symptoms off with medication before they really take hold, or if I just got lucky this year. It sure has been nice though.

Well that's it for our exciting lives. Not too much going on really, but I am thankful for the calm right now! I like calm and boring. Take care everyone. Prayers being sent out to those of you in need. Have a great Sunday!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 22nd, 2009, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Delft, Fran will definitely put me in the "pack rat" category. She'd like nothing better than to throw out all my "treasures." And a belated good morning to you BW; you snuck in there whie I was writing.

The bright early morning sunshine is streaming through the sun room windows on this gorgeously bright Sunday morning. The mountains are "out" this morning (meaning they aren't shrouded in the haze from which their famous name (Great Smoky Mountains is derived) and are especially glorious, at least here in upper East Tennessee.

Only Fran and I will dine this Sunday plus I shall be glued to the TV this asfternoon for the Bristol race, so I'm sorry to say the menu is very basic (but one of my favorites). We commence with tossed salad with ranch dressing and progress to Roast rump of beef (medium rare to rare), mushrooms sauteed in butter and wine, Fran's outrageous macaroni and cheese en casserole, sauteed broccoli rabe, yeast rolls and for dessert French vanilla ice cream with chocolate shell.

Prayers continue for those needing them and of course a continuing request for Blessings upon each of you.

Todd
Old March 22nd, 2009, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where apparently I slept in so late I missed the snow! D/H tells me there was a light coating of fresh snow when he went out early for his workout this morning. I was supposed to meet him for breakfast afterwards, but my alarm didn't sound (I didn't set it right!) so I slept right through breakfast!
That's OK I'll make it up to him by cooking a nice roast beef dinner tonight - maybe not as good as yours Todd, but good just the same!

Spent most of yesterday working on my reviews, and nice to know some of you appreciate them so much, they're a lot of hard work!
Today I should take a break from the computer and get some housework done!
Have a good Sunday everyone!

donna
Old March 22nd, 2009, 11:32 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday is Here

Well, Sunday certainly is here, and a damp one it is. Not a barn stormer, though. This will be a good day to stay in, read the paper, and do the crossword.

Have a nice day, everybody!

Judy
Old March 22nd, 2009, 11:58 AM
Captain

A beautiful sunny day here, thank goodness. Temps are going up, birds are singing and flowers are popping out. I've been up for hours doing house things that didn't get done yesterday. Hubby is going to play golf so I decided it was time to check in with CM's.
RD love your reviews, make me so jealous. You visited several ports that I've been to so your review made it was like I was there again.
Todd, I too plan on having the TV on with the Bristol race. I can do some computer work and watch the race at the same time. I have RaceDay on right now. Go Mark Martin, Tony Stewart, Dale Jr, and anyone else in a Chevy!
Delft & BW, good luck with the redos, I too need to start one of those kinds of projects,
Judy, enjoy the day and have fun with the crosswords.

Prayers to all those in need.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 22nd, 2009, 12:29 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon, from chilly, in the 40's, Virginia Beach. Twas a lazy Sunday morn; I slept fairly late, talked to both of our daughters, who happen to live, out of town, and last, but not least, read the Sunday paper and clipped coupons. Delft, I am a horrible pack rat! It seems that every port we go to, on a cruise, I have to buy something! My purchases might be less on this upcoming repositioning cruise to europe since the dollar is worth less than the euro. I will buy something, that is a guarantee! May all my fellow cruisemates have a wonderful day. I am headed to work in a few hours.
Old March 22nd, 2009, 01:42 PM
First Mate

Good Morning Mates,
I slept in and read the Sunday paper. Then I sat on our front deck with DH. We have a gorgeous day here with sunshine and warm temps.
They are promising rain and storms for tonight and tomorrow.
DH won't mind that since he spread furtilizer this morning. I need to go
and do a few errands, but it is nice to relax.
RD Thanks for your trip reports. I enjoy looking for the next installment. So sorry to read about the rough seas you encountered.
Todd and others...enjoy the race today. Judy...I am glad you have almost made it through your excile at home. Even though it is relaxing it must be hard to be housebound.
This will be a busy week at school. For the next four days I will be away from my dear first graders to proctor fourth and fifth graders during a test. On Thursday evening our little ones have their annual music program. Our music teacher does an excellent job in combining music and movement. The kids enjoy what they are doing.
Other than that, grandson has a baseball game on Wednesday evening.
We will go if weather permits.
Have a great week everyone.
jojo