Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Admiral

Default Is it Wednesday?

Good Morning from A day that must be Wednesday. At least I am pretty sure of this!
I slept in my own bed last night. only the new doors and drapes have to be hung in my master bedroom. I am so pleased with it. Its just great. There was just so much work to do in that room. The wall behind the wall paper was a mess. It was just awful. Now it looks great, you would never have known the codition of the wall before. The new window frames and such are perfect. Now the second room starts. Last night the boys pulled the room apart, removed the carpet, took out some furniture that went to a neighbours kid. I am putting my grandfathers desk from Holland in that room , so the desk that was there is also gone. The bed sits half in the master bathroom and half in the hall, till the room will be done. Its also a big job room. Its also the room where I collected and "store" the most junk. The pile down stairs to give away gets larger by the day. While doing this I have had meetings at night, so its been long days.

The days continue with bright sunshine. Its supposed to get warmer, its been cold but I really dont mind when we have such beautiful sunshine and no a speck of snow.

Thankfully my mothers friend has pitched in this week. I needed her to help drive my mother so I can get my place done. If I dont do it now, I will be to busy with her when she is here unpacking her house. I also have to be in her new home alot next week when I take possession and the following week to make sure it is clean and ready moving day. So this is why this week for my home.

So have a great day every one.
Old March 25th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Admiral

Yes Delft, it is Wednesday and a rainy wind swept one it is here in upper East Tennessee.

Sounds as if your redone digs are gonna' be gorgeous! I'm sure you'll express a huge sight of relief when everything's done.

Just Church and a run to the Animal Adoption Center is on tap this Wednesday. Prayers to all those needing them and Blessings upon each of you!

Todd
Old March 25th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where these early mornings are killing me!
I can't believe it's only the 3rd day!

As Delft said, the weather continues cold but sunny. I am thankful I'm not in Nova Scotia where they got hit by a big snowstorm yesterday. My friend called last night and said one of her kids hit the (rural) mailbox, and the truck went in the ditch, it was so snowy and slippery!

The only thing "going on" around here today is that it is LOST night.
Do not bother me between 9 and 10 p.m. on a Wednesday!
Looking forward to another intriguing and infuriating episode!

donna
Old March 25th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Wow Delft, you are one heck of a busy woman. I so admire how you have so much on the go and just keep on moving forward. I know you have to be overwhelmed.

Well d/h is on his way to work. He left early today, in hope he can get home early tonight. He got more of the floor done last night and it is looking really good.

D/D continues to improve. The meds are working and aside from a little runny nose and an occasional cough she is doing very well. The fever is gone and her energy is returning. D/S is wanting to get out and play now that the weather is decent.

Still reeling a bit from the doctor visit yesterday. All these years I knew the pain in my feet and legs was not just in my head. Now I know. I have some bizarre malformation that basically has my feet totally unsupported, so no arch, bone chips in my ankles, areas of the ankle joint that should sit in the socket are not where it is supposed to be and is basically exposed instead of sitting in it's resting place. This is on both feet, so to fix it would basically mean rebuilding it surgically and a lot of time off my feet and I would need help with everything around here, even bathing and stuff like that. The doc is concerned because I also have a positive rheumatiod factor, that when arthritis really takes hold of my ankles that I won't be a candidate for a joint replacement if the feet aren't fixed. So there's lots to think about and weigh.

Luckily time is on my side and I don't have to do anything today, or even this year or maybe even next, but somewhere down the road I have to make some decisions. I think I need to wait until the kid's are older and more self sufficient. In the meanwhile, he took casts of my feet yesterday and will be making me some new orthotics to address these issues. They won't fix the problem, but they may offer a bit more support and offer some pain relief. He also ordered me to go to physical therapy to help with the muscle and tendon encapsulation in my legs caused by my feet and ankle problems. He warned me that I will be cussing his name during the first few sessions of that. So it sounds as though this will not be all fun and games, but the idea is to alleviate the tug of war going on right now.

Last night after the kid's went to bed, d/h and I had a nice long soak in the hot tub. It was really enjoyable. It was sprinkling a little and it was pretty warm outside. Since we have all the bedroom furniture pushed to one side of the room. It is impossible to watch TV in bed right now. As a result we've been getting to bed a little bit earlier and sleeping much more sound at night. Before I would sometimes stay up late enough to catch Craig Ferguson (I actually think he is funnier than Leno or Letterman) and end up falling asleep with the TV roaring all night. I really like watching TV in bed, but I think I am sleeping so much better without it.

Well that's all I have to report right now. There just isn't too much happening at the moment, for which I am thankful. Hope you all have a great hump day and we'll be sending prayers out for all those wo are in need.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 25th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

Sunny and Cold as RD and Delft have reported.

Not much around here ---woke up and really thought it should be Wed. This week seems never ending.
Spent a good share of the day at Church yesterday between working, then back for a Council Meeting. Today will be much the same as work, then back for Bible Study.

Did get to the grocery store...forgot half the stuff on my list, but got lots of things that were not on it. Had to get doughnuts ordered. Sunday at Church we are having a Breakfast and Sugar-on-Snow - some how I ended up with the task of pulling it all together and acutally doing it. I am not sure how these things actually happen. I do have all the food ordered, Sat I will have to pick up the beverages, Sunday am the doughnuts, then get to church and start cooking sausage and hashbrowns, set up....I need to make a list.

Nothing fun on my horizon....how I wish I had a cruise or anything to look forward too, it makes such a difference I find if there is something on the horizon...to get you thru a rough day.

Delft - I just don't know how you get done all you do
BW - read above and apply to yourself! Sorry about all your feet/ankle problems. Take this time to research and weigh all your options. Hope the orthotics help. Take care of your self.
RD - enjoy Lost - my dd will be watching right along w/ you. She is so funny - no one is allowed to speak while she watches. I would prefer she dvr it and watch later as my dh forgets....but she can't wait to see it, so I just focus on the computer during that hour and stay as quiet as possible.

Truly wishing that all Mates have something enjoyable come their way today.
Old March 25th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Everyone -

It's a nice cool morning but the stars were shining brightly as I drove to work - so it wasn't too bad - I think the temps are suppose to get to the upper 50's so should be a typical Spring day - just wish I were outside enjoying it!!

Not much else going on here - so I guess I'd better turn my attention to getting some work done that's sitting on my desk -

have a great day everyone - prayers being sent your way!
Old March 25th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Warmer her today, and can I say Yayayayayayay!! Delft, I feel your pain, as things here are in a similar way...rooms getting cleared out and rearranged..not an esy thing for me, but help is on the way today, so I won't have to pull and tug so much, which is difficult for me.

I am off to the supermarket and library, I have a book on tape with a broken tape, so that ends my listening to this book

Smooches to all of those who, need a smooch...oxoxxox..Luanne, grab one, but it looks like you are doing much better...day by day, Tootsie

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 25th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Morning all from the bottom right corner of Va.

Our weather sucks in a word. Just sitting here waiting on the rain to start. Not to mention it's cold. I thought it was spring??? Guess I'm just too anxious for warm weather.
If it won't come to me,,,I'm going to it. 8) My countdown clock is dropping but not fast enough,,, :evil:

Delf my hat's off to you girl,,,,would love to see pix when the re-model is done.

Hugs and prayers to those that need them,,,
Have a great "hump" day everyone,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old March 25th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Default Is It Wednesday?

Good morning from Southern California. Another day in the 80's.

BW, much thoughts go out to you and your health problem. You have so much common sense, that I'm sure you'll do the right things in the right sequences.
Delf, I envy you all the work done on the house.

We had a very nice day in Pasadena with lunch at P.F. Chang's. I took a nice stroll window shopping and people watching. Today is gym day and laundry day.

Hope everyone has a good mid-week day.

Judy
Old March 25th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from Virginia Beach where it is a tad warmer today. After going to the gym I went to Lynnhaven Mall to buy some clothing for my granddaughters. I always take advantage of the sales! Hope all of my fellow cruisemates enjoy you day. For those of you, right now on a cruise, enjoy!
Old March 25th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon cruisemates. It is warmish and partly cloudy here. A storm was supposed to have hit us last night but it never materialized. Now it is set for today?

My right index finger is swollen because I caught it between the joints of my folding ladder Monady. I can barely bend it.

We are preparing to go to the cemetery to visit my mother. Friday is her birthday and I am working all day so we will go today. I miss my best friend.

Have a great day!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 25th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Admiral

A good morning--a bit late-from my part of CA-----looks like a nice day-----talk of water rationing is in the news-----I'm all for that but at the same time too---I've been conserving all a long------------
Guess I'll just have to drink more wine instead of water---and no more plastic bottles
Have a great day--enjoy whatever your doing--take care and continued thoughts and prayers going out to all in need----and then some
Cheers
April