Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Captain

Default Booking a cabin when you don't know the name?

Okay, so this is probably a really stupid question but I'm going to throw it out there to all the professional cruisers, because my TA gave me one answer, Carnival gave me another answer and NCL gave me yet another variation.

We found two cruises for February of 2010 and we'd like to book one of them but we have a small issue. We will be taking one of our daughters and an as yet unborn infant. We don't know the sex of our upcoming arrival so obviously we don't have a name. Using the Carnival early booking promotion, we'd have to select a cabin, they won't give us one for four with only three names and an as yet unknown passenger that we could add later. I'd hate to think that we'll have to forgo the surprise of boy/girl just to pick a name to book the cruise but the deals for these two cruises are sooo good! Thoughts anyone?
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Booking a cabin when you don't know the name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Littletime
Okay, so this is probably a really stupid question but I'm going to throw it out there to all the professional cruisers, because my TA gave me one answer, Carnival gave me another answer and NCL gave me yet another variation.

We found two cruises for February of 2010 and we'd like to book one of them but we have a small issue. We will be taking one of our daughters and an as yet unborn infant. We don't know the sex of our upcoming arrival so obviously we don't have a name. Using the Carnival early booking promotion, we'd have to select a cabin, they won't give us one for four with only three names and an as yet unknown passenger that we could add later. I'd hate to think that we'll have to forgo the surprise of boy/girl just to pick a name to book the cruise but the deals for these two cruises are sooo good! Thoughts anyone?
This is an interesting situation. I can't give you a real answer but I believe that you will need the name of your, soon to be, fourth passenger before you can do your final booking.

You could always decide on a name that fits a boy and girl. Dana, Robin

I hope you come to a resolution and congratulations on the new baby.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 26th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Captain

If you have some idea what name tou will give for a boy or girl you could put a place holder and fix it later. DOB might be an issue

Think

Mary Bob lastname.

I have many times on NCL booked and changed the name of the second passenger months later. No problem.

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old March 26th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Admiral

I would just put in Baby...

Who will know that isn't the baby's name?
Have you seen some of the "Stars" names for thier kids....
For DOB, just put in the due date. You can fix it all later. I have used the "edit" many times....

I don't know if I helped or not

Darlene
Destiny-4/9/2000-E. Caribbean
Valor-5/11/2008
Liberty-5/1/2010
Pride 4/21/2013
Pride 9/8/2013
Imagination 11/11/2013
Pride 12/8/2013

LOVE TO CRUISE
Old March 27th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Captain

Thanks for your responses. Here's the end result.

The early saver rate with Carnival is not FLEXIBLE in any way, shape or form. No changes to names, even minor edits, no changes to birth dates unless you can prove the error was theirs, etc. This is not to say that the program is awful, but rather to say that there is no way that it will work for this situation. Carnival suggested the funsaver rate, which is still a good rate but the difference is $1208.00 for the early saver or $1785.00 for the funsaver rate. That is a heck of a big difference for an infant, especially when you consider that they'll be too young to use any of the amenities, etc.

The interesting thing is that with the funsaver rate you can actually book a cabin with a TBA in place of a name and leave it that way up until the final payment date, for some reason that surprised me. I think we'll wait and see if a past guest promo comes up instead, it won't be long and it will be summer and they'll be luring all of us past guests with good deals.