Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Default Welcome Saturday!

Morning All, from Montreal, where for once I had a good sleep AND got to sleep in a bit late!
The weather looks promising today, sunny and maybe up to 13C (around 55F), so that will be nice.
Our neighbours are planning their annual Winter Wine Party in the driveway this afternoon; a little late this year, but at least we won't be freezing our patooties off!
Not much else on tap for the day, just the usual household chores.
Hope you all have a more exciting weekend planned!

donna
Old March 28th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Looks like everyone is sleeping in today as the morning thread is looking a little bare. I was up at seven. Went out to the garage to get pellets to put in the stove as it was a wee bit nippy in the house this morning. So I got it fired up, then ran out to the hardware store to get a coupling/splitter for the washing machine hot water line as the old one was starting to leak. I found what I needed, and a few things I didn't paid for my purchases and headed out the door. There I found and older couple blocking my exit and thrusting a religious pamphlet in my face, the man in a nasty tone says "why don't you stick that in your bag and read it" very much in the tone of "why don't you stick that in your pipe and smoke it" I was so taken aback by these two and by their counter productive way of "spreading the good news" I really wanted to call their pastor and tell him these two hit and run zealots were really not doing his church or God any favors . But I behaved myself and declined his offer and made my way out of the store quickly while biting my tongue.
D/h and d/s are awake and vegged out in the living room playing. I have laundry going and I am not sure what I will do next. I made chocolate chip cookies last night and had a couple for breakfast. I am sure that is nutritious in a fat and sugar laden way . D/D is still asleep.

I better get moving, things won't be getting done otherwise. Hope you all have a great weekend. Prayers for all of you in need.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old March 28th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning from FL. It's a warm windy day with lots of clouds. We are going to a spring training game this afternoon to see the Cardinals and the Orioles play. It's nice to be so close to the Spring training site, but I think this is the only game we will get to see this year. Hope we don't get wet, but I'll be prepared.

RD, glad to hear that you got a good night's sleep in. Enjoy the winter block party. :-) Spring weather will get there before you know it.

Beenie, I think I understand what you got at the hardware store. I might even be able to enstall that myself. :-) I agree with you about the little incident you ran into on your way out of the store. What a shame such a good message got lost in the presentation.

Have a good one all. Prayers going out for Judy, Delft and her mom and all my Cruisemate friends.
Phyll
Old March 28th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

Dark out, but about 44 so not unbearable. Rain is headed our way at some point.

Up early this mornining - dog wanted out and I wasn't sleeping anyway...how I wish I could get more than 3 to 4 hours a night, and I don't take a nap during the day, but that is another story.
After taking dog out and feeding him and starting the coffee - I was getting some gifts ready to wrap for my niece's baby shower today.
All of a sudden something caught my eye - "a mouse" running past me. UGH! I hate them more than you can imagine. It is spring, they should be outside. Traps are set, and my heart cannot take a repeat performance - not the way to start my day.

Had to run to three places before I could find gift bags for the baby presents. Life in a small town, you can never really find what you need.

Now I must shower and dress then it will be time to be off.

When I get home I need to run to grocery store to finish shopping for the Church Breakfast and Sugar-on-Snow tomorrow. Gotta gear up for cooking for about 100 people. And since one of my helpers was the lady who passed away last weekend, and my other helper is now in a boot cast...ugh.

Hope you all have a good day. RD - have fun - what a nice day for it.
BW - I would call the Pastor...as some one who works in a Church office - I know that this would not make for happy news. We do have people from time to time who might try to hand some one a tract, but if they were unpleasant and forceful then the Pastor would not be happy about that. We try to be a positive for the community - a place for the hurting and needy, where people feel they can come because the want to. We never would want to force ourselves on anyone.
But I do know some churches are more forceful...
Phyll - have fun at the game. We got to go to a Spring Training game last year, it was so much fun! Not quite as much fun as Fenway, but still pretty awesome - and we were so close to the players. Loved it!

Hope you all have a nice day
Old March 28th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Admiral

Default Welcome Saturday

Good morning from Southern Californoia. Warm, sunny, and balmy today.

Keith and plan to put that lovely weather to good use in the O.C. for a day of lunch and shopping.

Have a nice Saturday, all!

Judy