Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Default Saturday

A dull grey day after a night of heavey rain.

I am on the way to reno store to buy things needed for the new house.

I didnt sleep very wel thinking of my sister all night. Its just to strange they want to see her. I keep telling myself maybe the surgeon wants to give good news for once instead of bad. In five years he told me that my brother had lung cancer and then my mother had metastatic bile duct cancer. But it really does seem odd, as normally a negative result would be sent to the family doctor. We must wait and see I guess, I will keep busy all weekend to keep my mind off it as best as I can.

My mother called me at 10.30 PM, I knew she was up thinking about my sister. She is never awake past 9 PM any more.

The house is gettitng ready. All the primer is on, the kitchen has been done.

My house is back in shape and I like what was done a great deal.

And so off to reno I must go now.
Old April 4th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

Up early this morning as my husband is driving daughter and her family to the airport as they are off to their first ever, family vacation to Disney World. The grandchildren are so excited and are at the perfect age to go there, 5 and 8. The 5 year old is very tall and is happy that she meets the height requirements for most of the rides. They will be back next Friday so we can spend Easter together.

Todd - be sure to read my post from yesterday. Special for you.

Today will be my first trip to the grocery store in 6 weeks. Can't believe that I actually miss food shopping. My daughter has been doing my food shopping and my husband fills in with what's needed over the weekend. We have been married for almost 42 years and he never went to the grocery store in all that time. He kind of likes it now but never deviates from the list nor makes any impulse buy so we are definitely saving money in the food department

Good Saturday to one and all.

Leyla from Long Island
Old April 4th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

Dark and dull and wet here too - the same weather system is spinning right on the Vermont/Canada border - so Delft, RD and I all have the same weather.
We are to get snow later tonight- the heavy, wet stuff.

Must get going. Need to pick up the Palms for Church tomorrow.
I love Palm Sunday!

Then I should make an appearance at the grocery store, we could use some fresh produce.

Then home and try to be productive, I had no motivation yesterday- just overwhelming tiredness.

Prayers for many of you
Hope everyone has a good day.
Old April 4th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a cloudy downtown Fort Worth, Tex. I am taking a weekend off from grief, so I thought I would for once send a cheerful greeting.

We are in the Candlewood suites, which has turned out to be a great place to stay. In fact it is so nice I have changed our Little Rock reservations, so that we can have the same accomodations. It has a bedroom and living room, which will come in handy when Jim needs to go to bed, and I want to stay up longer.

We are here for the Nascar race on Sunday. For those of you who don't follow the races it might not interest you that Tony Stewart's truck is outside our window. We are staying in a complex of hotels, and I can see the cab part of many of the drivers. I guess they take the trailer part to the track, and then bring the cab part here to sleep. For some reason Tony's whole rig is here.

We are awaiting the arrival of our friends, before we plan our day. I have never been to Fort Worth, so there are things I would like to see like the stock yards, and the famous Billy Bob's night club.

Tomorrow will be a very long one. The gates open at 9:00 am, and it is been know to take 2 hours to get in the gate, so we will have to start early.

I think I will do really well as long as I remember not to get to tired. I was hoping not to get to hot, but a cold front is coming through tonight, so staying warm might be the worry. Who would have thought that would be the problem.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 4th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Good Saturday Morning All!

Delft, be assured we are remembering your sister in our prayers.

Leyla, thank you so much for the info on TR. I shall be getting back to you.

Luanne, I envy your location! I'll be of course sitting in front of the TV tomorrow watching the race. I know you're going to have a blast. You must have made your reservations a year ago. When the boys come back to Bristol in August (the track is about 55 miles up the road from Greeneville), one would be hard pressed to find a good motel/hotel room available anywhere between Roanoake and Knoxville.

I thought the weather here in East Tennessee would clear up sometime yesterday afternoon but it ended up as it began, a dreary, overcast and windy day. With all the rain we've had this year, I thought the drought was over but read the other day that we're still under moderate drought conditions as the subsoil is still too dry and more moisture has to filter down. Of course, the grass is growing by leaps and bounds.

Today's dawning, however, was and remains gloriously sunny and highs are predicted to be in the low seventies. Absolutely perfect weather, especially as I have to get out and mow following shopping with the boss.

Prayers of course continue for those needing the extra help and may Blessings be poured upon all of you.

Todd
Old April 4th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where the weather is dull, gray, and starting to dry up from last night's rain. Although it is warmer, and the snow is pretty much gone, it still doesn't look like spring, because there are no buds or leaves yet, and the grass is still yucky brown. I hate seeing the bare trees and the mushy brown leaves on the ground from last fall. Bring on the green!

Delft, thinking about your sister and hoping for better news. Keep us posted.
You certainly have done lots of reno work lately, both houses must look great. Are you going to post pics of those beautiful doors?

Leyla, I can understand how just getting out to the grocery store can be a thrill. I was laid up 6 weeks at the end of last summer with a bad back and I hated not being able to go anywhere.
On the other hand, I am very fortunate that I have a husband who loves to grocery shop AND cook, and he does it all! I just cook on weekends.

Todd and Luanne, enjoy your race, both live and on TV. I was never a race fan, but I understand it is very big in the States.

Well, I have a whole weekend ahead of me, with nothing special to do, so I guess I will catch up some housework. Maybe Mike M would like to come over and wash the blinds and windows for me?

donna
Old April 4th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Default Saturday

Good morning from Southern California. The sun is blasting in the family room windows. The weather mavens still insist that we will get some rain on Tuesday.

Delft, we are thinking of you and your family.
Luanne, enjoy the races. I've never been a fan, either, but it's always nice to get away no matter what the reason. I hope I can spend a weekend in Newport Beach later this summer for the jazz festival when my chemo is over.

I feel better this morning, although I didn't sleep too well again. With all this hair loss, it's a good thing I have a new vacuum cleaner. It will get a workout today!

Have a good Saturday, all!

Judy
Old April 4th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates,
Well I am posting on my Weeee PC because my laptop is still hosed up. Things here are fine. Kids are up and, d/h is making crepes for brunch. I made some peach filling and we'll have croissants and sausages as well.

D/H is determined to get the floor finished today. I have lots of laundry to get done and then tonight well all take a break and go to see Monster's vs. Aliens at the theatre. We don't go to the movies too often as we really enjoy just hanging out and watching videos here. Should be a nice evening. It was a good mail day, no bills came today .

I need to get all the laundry caught up because they will start doing the new ducts heat & a/c on Wednesday and the furnace is in the utility room. I hope they can get it all done with little disruption, but I have a feeling that is a lot to ask lol.

Delft you will be on my mind and in my prayers Hoping for the very best.
Hope everyone enjoys the day expecially Granny and her first outing to the store. Will check in later

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 4th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from balmy, Virginia Beach. This morning Rob and I went to Marshalls to buy him some nice shirts for our cruise in three weeks! You know men, they always need their wives/significant others to egg them along to buy clothing! After that we used a gift certificate to Fridays and had a great lunch. As I am writing, Rob is taking a nap. Delft, your sister is in our prayers. May all of my fellow cruisemates have a great day!
Old April 4th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Captain

Good Afternoon to all. I was up early getting the domestic chores out of the way before tackling some outdoor things. The sun is shinning but a cool breeze (wind) is blowing making it a tad bit cool. At least no rain right now. Our grass is needing cut so bad but the mower is on the blink. Hubby tinkered with it this morning and found the problem...needed a new battery and some kind of wire. He made a run to the local shop and became a repairman. It is now working and he is testing it out on the front yard. We were just sure a new mower was going to have to be purchased but thank God we only had to spend a little on the repairs.
Luann, enjoy the race. I hope you become a fan. I think Todd and I are the only ones on CM. I will be in front of the TV tomorrow cheering on. My hubby is a big Tony Stewart fan so wave to him for us.
Beanie good luck with all your remodel and repairs. They can become overwhelming. Also when you get yours done come on down to Southern Ohio and you can help me get a few done!! HA HA. Have a great evening out with the family.
Tonight my daughter is having a surprise b'day party for my hubby. He turns the big 60 tomorrow and is not looking forward to the number change. The daughter and 2 of her friends who were like daughters to us have a skit written to do at the party. Can't wait to see it. I'm sure hubby will be the receipent of many a joke from it.
Prayers to all in need and everyone have a great day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 4th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Admiral

Ya'll all wave.. We will be sitting on the 8th row, between the start finish and the exit to the pits.

We can see traffic from our room, and it is already bumper to bumper, and we are 12 miles from the track.

Jim keeps saying "How in the world can people live with all this traffic. Poor small town boy...

I grew up in Atlanta, and I don't see the problem...

Ya'll have a good day.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old April 4th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Admiral

Luanne

What are you and Jim going to be wearing? Maybe I or someone else will spot you. Don't laugh, it's happened a lot of times!

Have a grand race!

Todd
Old April 4th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Admiral

I will have on a purple top, and Jim will have his Jeff Gordon cap on, and blue jackets.

We have decided we had better leave here at 7:00 in the morning, so it will be a long day.

If you see two adults asleep in the stands, that might be us.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008