Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 11th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Admiral

Default The Move is done...

The Move is done and I am going to bed now. My mother and sister are fast asleep........

I spent the las couple of hours doing wash for them, and wonder when mine will get done ! I also set up the desk that belonged to my grand father in the spare bedroom. Its beautiful and very old. Even the movers commented on its beauty and quality.

The off load took a full day again, there was so much stuff, but their stuff brings them comfort so I am at a point that I dont care any more even if I was unpacking and lugging it! I unpacked about 100 boxes today, and I think I have another 300 or so. ( the have ALOT of books, half were given away, but even so, they have at least ten bookcases left of books. How can I say anything about that? My sister reads so much and loves it, and it has helped give her education. She has excellent verbal skills because of her reading.

The animals are all safe, the dogs are tucked in bed as well, tomorrow will be a new day. I want to get unpacked whats in the living dinning room, and then we can slowly move boxes upstairs from the basement.

Tomorrow my son will be 20, we are all going out for a meal, I am simply to tired to cook this year BUT I did manage to finish that cake the other day.

So we made it, hard to believe it. Actually, surprising how furniture starts to make a place looks like yours when you have your things in it.

My mother is doin well coping, but she is like that, once it is time to move on, she does quickly, it is getting to the point to realize a change s needed thats hardest for her. My sister has done exceptionally well and I am very proud of her.

My son and his friend helped so much with moving things and getting this and that. I am most grateful for that.

Have a good night every one, and a lovely Easter day tomorrow for those who celibrate this tomorrow.
Old April 11th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Delft, so glad the moving is behind you all, and you can focus on the day to day's business, and giving and getting comfort from your Mom, and sister.

Happy B day to your son, and relax, take a breath,and enjoy your day tomorrow.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 12th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Admiral

Glad to hear it's over, and you deserve an Easter meal out tomorrow!
Wish Daniel a Happy 20th for me!

donna
Old April 12th, 2009, 07:54 PM
Admiral

Wonderful news. You must be thoroughly exhausted.
Old April 12th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Admiral

Del so glad you are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. It's good that your mom and sister have adjusted so well. All of your work has paid off.

Happy Birthday to your wonderful son. Our best wishes to him.

Carnival Glory
Old April 14th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Bless your heart, you do so much. I am glad it is done and they are adjusting well. Get some rest.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain