Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Admiral

Default It's Easter Sunday

Well, I am awake early, have quite abit of pain, and it wakes me up alot. Every joint is swollen hot and red.My hands are really bad, I can barely type on this keyboard. RA does not tolerate this kind of physical work well from the last while. I keep telling myself "it doesnt hurt it doesnt hurt" just to get through the pain. Pain killers I avoid, the just cover it up, the anti inflamatories at least reduces the swelling. ( prednisone and NSAIDS)

BUT, I also woke up and thought, they slept in the house, nothing broke, all was calm and we got through it! That is just great! And it is wierd, we have to go back to the farm for a few hours clean up, BUT it doesnt feel any more, so quickly even like their house in my mind. It's like it's done and over, their home is here now, and they got the furniture to prove it!! I dont think an inch of wall will be without furniture!

Today my son is 20! At this time, I was being told he had a very small chance of survivial. His L:S ratio was very low, and he was a premie. Like my doctor said way back when, he fooled every one, and I am so blessed and proud. Last night he and some friends went to the Cage to watch the game. What was interesting is the "kid generation" grows up now, and they went with the "parent generation" all together to watch the game, but not as kids and parents, but as men watching a game.

We had incredible beautiful weather yesterday, and we hope for more of the same today.

I will probably help with unpacking some more things today, working on my laundry, and of course dinner for son tonight, although this year we go out for the meal. I also have a few last minute things to do in my bedrooms, from the renovation.

Well, every one, have a great day!
Old April 12th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Happy Easter Everyone!!

I have completed the placing of the Easter eggs throughout the lawn in preparation for the hunt that will take place in a few hours when the grandkids arrive. The Easter baskets are also filled with "stuff" for the kids. I'm glad Betty did the baskets because she has that gene that makes things look nice. I would just dump some stuff in the basket and say "Hey Kids Look at all neat crap."

Delft: I'm glad the renovation is done. It is amazing how fast kids grow up. Even when they're adults their are still times you look at them and they're still those little kids with jelly on their faces. That was just yesterday for me. I wish a 32 year old kid would learn how to eat.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter and a great Sunday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 12th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates,
I awoke to the voice of a sweet girl wanting me to accompany her out to the living room to see what the bunny left for her and her brother. I told her to go get everyone else up and then the fun began. They both got huge baskets stuffed with sports balls, a basketball in one, and soccer ball in the other. Bags to carry their sports gear in and of course the obligatory candy that will probably rot their teeth lol.

I'm a little stiff and sore today. I spent yesterday washing walls and organizing stuff. I plan on leaving a huge pile for the trashman tomorrow. D/H got the door on the laundry room hung and and replaced the vents on the outside of the house. He helped out with laundry and other stuff too which was really great. Right now he is making breakfast, woohoo! I am really liking my heat pump right now. It's perfect for this weather that is cold at night and mild during the day. The air is just a bit drier than what I am used to. But its good. I especially like it that I just need to set the thermostat and that's it! I am amused thatI can push a button and it tells me how cold it is outside. Right now it tells me it is 35...Brrrrr!

Today I am going to wash down the leather furniture with Murphy's oil soap. Mop all the ceramic tile and wash a few windows. I think I will probably also clean out the sunroom and take down all the blinds in there. I need to figure out what to do with some stuff out there. But it shouldn't take too long to get it done.

We've lived here about 10 years now. I have thought seriously about painting it soon. The walls were looking very bad. Since we have company coming soon, I don't have time to mess with it right now though, but figured I would try scrubbing them down to try and improve the look a little. But didn't hold out much hope of really doing anything too dramatic. I have spent many hours in the past scrubbing with miracle erasers and all sorts of stuff to no avail and they still looked awful. Well I went out to the garage and grabbed a squirt bottle of this stuff called "Awesome" You can get it at Dollar General for a buck or two. Well it is "Awesome" indeed! They are white again! I don't know if I care about painting again for quite a while, since they look so good right now. I used this on my old RV to clean the exterior. I had dark streak down the hall from a laundry hamper that rubbed against the wall. It is totally gone now woohoo! My walls are white, so I don't know how it would work on colors. But it sure is nice to get rid of the grimy kid prints on the wall and not have to spend the extra money right now after all the unexpected expenses in the past few weeks.

Delft, hang in there. You've done so much. I am amazed at how you are able to work with everyone and keep it all together. You are a born leader and I admire what a terrific job you've done in spite of all obstacles in your way. You deserve a huge pat on the back (and a visit to a day spa for a week or two)

Well today should be lovely. Monday and Tuesday should be really rainy and icky possibly severe with tornadoes and stuff. So I will wait until later in the week to work on the yard. Hope you all have a great day, and a lovely holiday to those who observe Easter. Prayers to all who are in need!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 12th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Happy Easter Sunday to all!. And yes Delft, it is a brilliantly gorgeous Easter morn here in upper East Tennessee as well.

I have already posted the Sunday menu under the thread from yesterday, "Trip, a new twist on one of your favorites" by Beenie Weenie.
There is one change, however. Instead of broccoli forets I have opted for califlower covered with a made from scratch cheddar cheese sauce (and in case you have to ask, and since this is a holiday, unlike Fran, I will NOT use Velveeta!).

Hope everyone of whatever faith, has a marvelous Sunday.

Todd
Old April 12th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Admiral

Happy Easter fellow cruisers.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

ALLURE OF THE SEAS FEB 2016.... Who's going with??
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old April 12th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Admiral

Happy Easter everyone. Not much planned for today. Scrapbooking and crossword puzzle. It's beautiful outside so may spend some time out there doing things. Have a great day.

Need some cruise help?
Old April 12th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to T C Send a message via AIM to T C

Happy Easter to all.

But why is the rum gone? ~ Capt. Jack Sparrow

also booked: 10/10/13 Carnival Victory B2B, 01/12/14 Carnival Sunshine
Old April 12th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Admiral

Default It's Easter Sunday

Good morning from sunny Southern California.

Happy Easter to all CruiseMates!

Judy and Keith
Old April 12th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Admiral

Good Afternoon All, from Montreal, where the temperature of -1C does not match up with it being Easter Sunday!
Slept in late today (Mike, just so you know, your reverse psychology worked! I slept like a log last night!).
We went out for a light breakfast, then came back to start some reno work we are undertaking.
I will take it easy and only sand the plaster patches I filled in last week. When I'm feeling up to it, I will start some primer painting.
I have come up with the idea of transforming a spare room into a "sanctuary", a relaxing room to do Pilates in, trying to keep up a regular exercise routine for health benefits.

Happy Easter to all, and hope everyone has a good day!

donna
Old April 12th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A bit late for me, but, I woke up ate, read thepaper and went back to bed....ahhhhh.

A gang of people will be over for dinner...on the menu....baked ham, mashed potatoes, with 4 cheeses, sweet potatoes, assorted vegetables, and my cole slaw recipe, my entire family has used since Hector was a pup...desert, I have no idea, I sure hope someone brings something

Hope you and yours have a nice day...............

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 12th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Captain

Happy Easter to All!

We had a late night last night. D/H had a square dance to call east of Cleveland a 4 hour drive. We got home around 2:30am so it was a short nights sleep.

Had a wonderful church service this morning celebrating the ressurection. My 5 yr old took part in the special childrens Easter play. I have to say she was fantastic! She and her baby sister looked so cute in their new Easter dresses. Thankfully God has given us a beautiful day. There was an Easter egg hunt after church for the kids. I think each child came away with at least 2 dozen plastic filled eggs. Poor parents, all that candy means lots of active kids!

Today is my daughter's 34th Birthday! Delft we have something in common today. We will be going to her house later to celebrate. Tomorrow is her husband's b'day so it will be a duel party for them.

Beanie, I use Awesome all the time. It is great stuff and cheap too!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 12th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Admiral

To all my fellow cruisemates, who celebrate Easter, may it be a wonderful holiday spent with family and friends. Rob and I came back from Maryland this afternoon after spending Passover with our family. I must admit, it was great to get out of town. Just think, in less than two weeks, we will be on our repositioning cruise to europe. These next thirteen days will just not go by fast enough!
Old April 12th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Passenger

Hi
Happy Easter! We've just been watching the Master's Golf Tournament. It looks as if a couple of newer golfers are controlling the play. Tiger was just interviewed so he's finished. Phil--is he still in it????

After church we went out to lunch with our friend, Jaquae, the Choir Director and her husband. She's a cancer survivor for 2 1/2 years now after her bout with breast cancer. Trevor and Roger have something in common-the Post Office. Trevor is a retired postal worker. Roger still has a few years to go. It was a nice lunch at Ruby Tuesday's.

So, Trevor has now gone in to take his nap. I'm thinking of our Uruguayan friends who are on the Norwegian Sun for the 2nd time this year, this time sailing from South America to Los Angeles. Then they'll fly to Miami where he will fly back to Uruguay and she will come up this way for a week's visit in the area. They hosted us on the Sun Princess way back in 1998. We sailed ourselves on the Golden Princess in 2001 and we've been on a ship every year since!

Bye for now. I hope you are enjoying your day and now into the evening.
Love, Lynne