Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2009, 04:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Fantastic Friday

Good Morning from Lakeland. It is a cool 65 here at this time. Temps predicted to be in the 80's later. Going to have visitors today. My friend Bev and her daughter will be here and we are going to lunch. Woke up in the night to hear lots of helicopters flying around. Wonder what was happening. Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from another bright beautiful sunshine filled day.

Imagine the kids actually washed my car yesterday! OUTSIDE! The wash dried and smells so good! I have more hung out now as I am on my way for BR ultrasound. My sister is finally agreeing to see the surgeon so that will be next week. Yesterdays chemo went really well. They were all really nice to her and that made the change much easier. It was the 1 st one outside of Ottawa. My goodness, the driving sure was easy on me!

DS is studying hard for end of term exams.

Sam is working hard.

Dogs have gone back to bed!

Have agreat day every one, and a good lunch with friends today Laura.
Old April 17th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

I think it will be a lovely day here - 60's - but quite windy. In fact we are under a Red Flag warning - no one is to do any burning, because with the wind, and dry conditions, they would quickly get out of control. On Weds. we had 4 grass fires in the area - all illegal burns - and all spread very quickly.

Not much new here. Daily grind. My friend whose mom died yesterday wanted me to go to a special chapel with her. Two days before her mom died my friend brought her to this place, and she wanted to revisit it.

I wish I had brought a camera - I would have tried to post pictures. Perhaps I can get back there. It is about 40 minutes from my home.
You go up this winding hill - and there on the top of this hill after taking a little twisty dirt road thru the wood. As you make the last little turn the view widens, and there in the middle of a wide open field is a beautiful stone structure - a surprisingly beautiful yet stark, church.
A family that lives just a little past, had this field, and they wanted to do something with it to honor God - so they had this Chapel built - it really must hold at least 50 people. It is called the Holy Family Chapel - it is open all the time I think - tho' it could be locked at night. It is very European in design, and a cd of Chants is played quietly at all times. It is an amazing peaceful place open for people to pray or just sit....such a generous gift. While I am not Catholic - I went to catholic school. I so treasure the sacredness of the mass and of their churches.
If you ever, ever come to Vermont - this is an absolute must see - the guest book shows people from all over have come to enjoy this breathtaking gift of love.

Because of the impromptu field trip described above, not much got accomplished yesterday - after that we went for coffee, then I helped her with thank you notes she needed to write for the funeral.
So today, I need to be productive, and hopefully today I will hear from the doctor. I hate waiting.

Delft - it sounds like yesterday was a good day!
Laura - wow you have had a busy couple of days with visitors!

Wishing you all a lovely day.
Old April 17th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Cruisemates!
Today's weather is what I have been waiting for all winter long yipee! Should be 71 and sunny. Which is very good news! I found some beautiful flowers yesterday while over near Indy yesterday. So when I got home last night I planted them in pots all around the patio. If all goes according to plan they should spread out and cascade over the sides of the pots and baskets. Should be pretty. Sometime this week I want to attack the fence line with brush killer before it grows into some awful jungle. In the fall, I would like to have that fence pulled out and cleared, leaving only the treeline behind.

Took the kids to the foot doctor yesterday. Kind of upsetting news, but confirmed my suspicions never the less. Both kids have many of the same issues I do. Dr.is optimistic d/d can be corrected and helped by orthotics. D/s is not so lucky. While he will benefit somewhat from orthotics, it will not solve the overall problems and surgery is likely in his future. The question now is how drastic we want t go with the surgery. Do we do a small minimally invasive procedure with a quiick recovery, knowing later that he'll need 2 much more drastic surgeries to completely correct the problem when he's older or go straight to the drastic surgeries and get it done once and for all. We are leaning toward the more drastic surgeries, get it fixed and be done with it. I explained to d/s that e could do the simple procedure and wait until he is grown and is in my situation. But where will he be in his life then? Will he be married with kids to support, a job that will allow him to take months off of work to recuperate? Will he even have adequate health insurance or someone at home who is able to care for him during the time he is laid up and off his feet? No parent ever wants their children to suffer, but at the same time, there are some forms of suffering that are worse than others and kids heal a lot faster than adults. Knowing that it is corrected and he won't suffer pain when he gets older and be limited in mobility because we didn't do this now will hopefully
give him and us peace of mind. All d/s asked is that we wait until baseball season is over.
Today I need to finish getting caught up on laundry, organize my desk, and clean the floors. My girlfriend is coming over Monday to help me wash windows and all that on the outside of the house. I'd ideally like to have everything finished up and ready to go here in the house by the end of the weekend for my inlaws visit. Then I can enjoy the beautiful weather we're expecting next week rather than being stuck in the house.
Well lots of work here waiting to be done. Hope you all have a wonderful day. Prayers to all who need them! Delft, I am glad your sister agreed to meet with the surgeon. Laura I hope you enjoy a nice lunch with your friends. Jen, I hope you get the call you are waiting for.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 17th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Admiral

Good morning on get away day from Pigeon Forge, TN.

A glorious day here too and the nice part is, the trip home is only about an hour. Have had a marvelous past two days. Went to Dollywood yesterday for the first time in years and thoroughly enjoyed the shows we saw. I just don't know how a family can afford to go. Good gracious, a hamburger is eight dollars;a sixteen ounce fountain coke is $3. 60 and a nut fudge square, over $3.00! That may not be a lot whee some of our Cruisemates live but for this part of the country, are nothing less than breathtaking.

Jen, that chapel sounds absolutely beautiful.

Delft, I'm so glad everything went so well for your sister

B/W, I'm so sorry to learn that the children also have issue with their feet. Your son sounds so very brave. But of course it's best to have the situation corrected now because as you so aptly put it, waiting will only make it tougher.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and remember, the weekend starts this afternoon.

Prayers keep going for those on a list and per usual, Blessings on everyone..

Todd
Old April 17th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Admiral

I found a website on the Chapel - I will try to post the link:

http://www.chapeloftheholyfamily.com

Well - at least you can copy it and paste it into your browser
The pictures - only catch a glimpse of the true beauty of it. I can not imagine how glorious the views must be in the fall.

BW - so sorry to read about your children. I don't blame you for considering the more serious surgery - that would be the one I would have chosen. Kids bounce back so much faster. You are blessed to have such a good friend. It will fee so good to get all these tasks done, then you can relax while you in-laws visit.
Old April 17th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it is bright and sunny, and although only 7 at the moment, it's supposed to hit 14C later on (57F)! I think I will park myself in my lounge chair in the backyard for the afternoon!

But before I can goof off, I have to finish my painting job in the spare room.
All I have left is the trim, which should be easy enough, then I can hang up the new curtains I bought yesterday. Then it's clean the floor, and I can set up my Pilates equipment and enjoy the space!

Last night we had a very nice evening out. Good friends, good food, and good music performed by a friend. Of course all of this took a back seat to the hockey game on the big screens all around the bar! Anyway, my girlfriend and I had a good chat while our hubbies got to watch the game, so it was a win-win situation. Unfortunately, it was not a win-win situation for our beloved Montreal Canadiens!

Delft, glad to hear your mom's 1st chemo in Que. went well. Which hospital is she going to?

BW, sorry to hear about the kids' feet, but I think you're right, get it done early. My daughter had corrective surgery on her feet at age 12.
I still remember her scooting around the house on rollerblade knee pads because she couldn't walk for weeks!

Todd, glad to hear you and Fran had a nice get-away.

Jen, the chapel sounds beautiful. Can you post a photo?

Laura, 65 sounds cool for Florida! It's only in the low 50's here and already I'm out in a T-shirt!

Well, better get to work, or nothing will get done - have a good day all!

donna
Old April 17th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Admiral

Default Fantastic Friday

Good morning from Southern California. Gonna get warm!

As I sit here, tapping away, the feral kittens and Mama are lookign in the window at me. They're so cute!

Not much on tap today. Have a great Friday!

Judy
Old April 17th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Not much happening here on Long Island. Finally, Spring has arrived. Maybe 60's to mid 70's tomorrow,. Going to the younger granddaughter's soccer game tomorrow, then back to my house because my niehgbor's daughter from New Jersey is coming tomorrow for the first time with her twins that were born on Feb. 11th. One boy and one girl.
Her daughter is my daughter's best friend since they were 4 years old.
They were maid of honor for each other, and the mom of the new twins is my younger granddaughter's godmother. They have been friends for over 34 years and are closer now than ever.

Yesterday, I got my granddaughter, Allison, off the school bus. We were talking about the summer, and what a wonderful swimmer she is. I told her that I missed all last summer as I was in the hospital for 5 weeks. I said I couldn't wait to go swimming with her and that I needed a new bathing suit for the upcoming season. She told me to get a pink one with flowers and on it and that it shouldn't be "connected." I asked what "connected" meant and she said it means that it should be two pieces, not one. I'll have to think that one over.

Good day to all you cruisers. Off to the local shopping center to get a birthday present for my daughter.

Leyla from Long Island