Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2009, 03:46 PM
Admiral

Cutiecat,

I think the answer probably involves the word "maturity." "Some people is....some people ain't......and it don't make no nevermind how old they is."

Todd
Old April 22nd, 2009, 03:53 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Pocono Pug

[quote="msblackjack"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave the Wave
I wonder if alcohol was involved
Tequila![/quote

From a jewelry
store in Cozumel

Monarch of the Seas 3-92
Celebrity Century 7-96
Dawn Princess 2-97
Enchantment of the Seas 11-98
Rhapsody of the Seas 8-99
CCL Inspiration 8-08, 8-11
CCL Valor 1-09
CCL Glory 11-09
Old April 22nd, 2009, 04:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I remember when I sailed on Celebration in the 90's. I was at the pursers desk one morning waiting in line. The woman in front of me was demanding to be moved to another room. She was yelling about the horrendous fight the couple in the next cabin was having. Describing slamming and banging and lots of yelling and crying. I felt bad for all involved but as the day went by it left my mind. Later my friends and I were in a lounge having a drink. There was a woman sitting in the corner alone and crying. She was swollen and bruised from head to toe. The conversation that I had heard came ruhing back to me. I wondered where the husban was, if he was in custody or was tis guy still loose on the ship. So sad.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old April 23rd, 2009, 12:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruznut2
I remember when I sailed on Celebration in the 90's. I was at the pursers desk one morning waiting in line. The woman in front of me was demanding to be moved to another room. She was yelling about the horrendous fight the couple in the next cabin was having. Describing slamming and banging and lots of yelling and crying. I felt bad for all involved but as the day went by it left my mind. Later my friends and I were in a lounge having a drink. There was a woman sitting in the corner alone and crying. She was swollen and bruised from head to toe. The conversation that I had heard came ruhing back to me. I wondered where the husban was, if he was in custody or was tis guy still loose on the ship. So sad.

Laura
That is horrible. I can't imagine how human beings can treat each other so badly.

But it's also hard for me to imagine anything being so bad that I would ever jump from a ship. That being said, I've never had anything happen to me that would make me think that way, so I am a bit pre~biased.

And when I ask what is wrong with people it seems a majority of the time someone was doing something stupid when they went overboard.

People tell me all the time when I leave "don't fall overboard." I have never, not one time, even come close. I don't lean over the rail, I don't stand on the rail, I don't do stupid tricks on the balcony, and I don't drink too much. If people would just a slight amount of reason there would be less and less going over...
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old April 23rd, 2009, 03:24 AM
Admiral

Cutiecat,

As I said previously, hon; it's a lack of maturity. When you combine that with stupidity, it only gets worse.

I generally, following an over 27 year career in law enforcement have said, "Any man who raises a hand to a woman should be horsewhipped. But should a woman stay with a man who raises their hands against them, then I quickly lose both my patience and most of my sympathy.

And I personally don't take that "a victim of long term abuse" reasoning, either. The very first time he raised his hands against her, she should've walked out AND NOT GONE BACK!" If she didn't, then IMHO, she should expect what surely will some day follow.

Todd
Old April 23rd, 2009, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH
Cutiecat,

As I said previously, hon; it's a lack of maturity. When you combine that with stupidity, it only gets worse.

I generally, following an over 27 year career in law enforcement have said, "Any man who raises a hand to a woman should be horeswhipped. But should a woman stay with a man who raises their hands against them, then I quickly lose both my patience and most of my sympathy.

And I personally don't take that "a victim of long term abuse" reasoning, either. The very first time he raised his hands against her, she should've walked out AND NOT GONE BACK!" If she didn't, then IMHO, she should expect what surely will some day follow.

Todd

Very well said Todd....
May I add, don't stay together for the children either. They are seeing what is going on and it may just form a pattern for them. Like it's okay to hit a spouse.

Time out is for adults also.

Darlene
Destiny-4/9/2000-E. Caribbean
Valor-5/11/2008
Liberty-5/1/2010
Pride 4/21/2013
Pride 9/8/2013
Imagination 11/11/2013
Pride 12/8/2013

LOVE TO CRUISE
Old April 23rd, 2009, 03:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH
Cutiecat,

I generally, following an over 27 year career in law enforcement have said, "Any man who raises a hand to a woman should be horsewhipped. But should a woman stay with a man who raises their hands against them, then I quickly lose both my patience and most of my sympathy.

Todd
I agree 100%.
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05