Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Admiral

Default A bright Sunny Monday

Again a bright and beautiful day in store for us. Yesterday was just wonderful! I love this time of year. Saturday night we went to dinner and saw the show "hairspray". It was nice. I also spent the weekend unpacking boxes at my mothers and Sam continued with two more electrical projects,and now they are all done. Sunday brought more unpacking and cleaning up and then dinner at Madisons with friends in the evening. Today is surgery clinic, and then I take my sister to the doctors late at 5.30 PM.......in Ontario! Oh well, not to many of those trips any more.

Every one have a great day.
Old April 20th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it certainly is "bright and beautiful"!
Hopefully it will warm up as well, as it is only 4C at the moment.

Yesterday, I got a lot of housecleaning done inside and out. Put away all the winter coats, boots, hats, mitts, scarves, and washed the boot trays (Salt City!)
Then I worked outside cleaning up the front garden with the shears and the rake, and swept up the driveway and the garage. After all that dust, I proceeded to cough the rest of the day!
Today, I am going back to work for a rest!

Delft, good luck with your sister's doctor appointment......

donna
Old April 20th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Cooler and overcast today..a good day for all the runners. My store, and, basically the entire town where I work, Wellesley, is shut down due to the marathon. They run down the main street, right by Wellesly College, so, the runners get energized there, after Heartbreak Hill...

The turkey dinner was a great sucess..my granddaughter inhales my stuffing, and of course we could have used some more...after a plate of food was made for my sil..the bottom of the bowl was seen....well, thats a good thing

Not much to do..no mail, nowhere to go, and that's fine with me:0

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 20th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates,

The sun is shining, and I hope, melting the thick frost that coated all the cars this morning! I really am looking forward to when the mornings warm up a tad! Guess we will be getting rain tonight -Wed. not the best weather for the kids on school vacation here.

I didn't get a chance to post much this weekend.
Sat. I took my dd and my niece to a Maple Festival about an hours drive from our home. It was a dark, dreary day - and hard to get excited about the vendors, as it was so chilly. I did pre-order a pottery jug from a vendor, who actually lives in the next town over. She has beautful stuff, and is so reasonbaly priced. It will have a beautiful dragonfly on it - and will either be blue or seaspray color - I told her I loved both and just to go with whatever glaze she was using at the moment.
I think she will be a great place for me to get gifts - $35 for a pitcher that will be quite large - I have seen other peoples pottery from around here, and it is much more costly, and not nearly as nice. Something to look forward too.
Of course there were lots of free samples to taste, and I had to have a Maple Glazed doughnut before I left.

On Friday night we went to the local home show - lots of free pens...nothing too exciting there, but it was a chance to get out and see people that I seldom see.

Saturday afternoon I did what Trip did on Sunday - cook my 49 cent a pound Turkey. Hey - fresh turkey at 49 cents a pound....I couldn't resist as it will be a cheap way to eat for a few days. I love turkey.
I didn't do much for sides, just baked sweet potatoes, and made garlic/lemon green beans.

Sunday - woke up to no heat or hot water. Thankfully I woke up early enough so dh could remedy the problem and we could still make it to church on time.
Church - well Pastor was gone, so a lot of people decided not to come.
I ended up having to deal with a few "fires", one of which will require me to have to have a chat with the Pastor upon his return and hopefully we can remedy this problem.
Somehow because of the extreme pain ( I missed one dose of the neuronton the day before, and I guess that may have been the reason for the most ungodly pain I have ever felt), and then dealing with lots of personalities at church, by the time I got home I was exhausted. So - hot turkey sandwiches, with store-bought gravy. Then spent the afternoon on the deck - tho' I had to wear sweatpants and sweatshirt, with my seltzer water, the Sunday paper, and Vogue magazine - with my radio on the Red Sox game. Pretty much planted myself there until it was time to get ready for evening Church service - which was much less stressful.

Today I have so much that needs my attention I don't know how anything will get accomplished, but some how I will figure out a plan. Must scoot up to the church in a few minutes to unlock it for the AA meeting that will happen there at noon. They get there early to make tons of coffee and set up their snacks. AA meets at our church 4 times a week, and with the pastor gone (parsonage is right near the church), I have to make sure I get the church opened then locked after all the meetings - which is hard for me to remember.

Paper work, errands, how I would love to take a walk, phone calls...ugh!
Cleaning/laundry...double ugh. Leftover turkey for supper - yeah!

Delft - sorry you have to make a trip back to Ontario...but I am sure you are anxious to talk with your ds surgeon.

RD - rest! I did not have my camera with me when we went to the chapel
but they have a website: www.holyfamilychapel.com - the pictures, while beautiful, don't really give you the whole feel, but so worth a peek.
The massiveness of the doors - the hinges
the stainded glass windows (I love stained glass windows!). I will go back and take pictures for sure. I don't know how to post here, but I will def get them on facebook.

Tood - loved your menu yesterday - I love roast beef, dh only really likes potroast, which I don't love...so we seldom have either.

Trip - what are you doing with your left over turkey?

Wishing you all a great day!
Old April 20th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Good morning Delft, Rollerdonna, Trip, and VtJen. Tis a warm day, in the 70's, in Virignia Beach. I did my usual trip to the gym morning and am preparing dinner for tonight. As the song goes, "My bags are packed, I'm ready to go". We are leaving on Friday morning, stopping for some shopping and lunch at Potomac Mills, in Dale City, then, we'll check into the hotel (free night too due to having enough points), then it's off to our daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter's house to visit and then out to dinner. I will be spending my sixty-first birthday out a sea. Make it a great Monday!
Old April 20th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Jen, I can Fedex a sliced turkey with cranberry sandwich, or a turkey salad club...you chose

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 20th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Default A Bright Sunny Morning

Yes, a bright sunny morning here in SoCal, too, but temps again at 100.
We had 95 yesterday at home and in Newport Beach, which is really unusual.

Keith and I enjoyed a Sunday brunch and a little shopping. Looks like I have to get busy and change the closets. I see people are already in their spring duds. Yesterday I rooted out a cool pair of cropped pants, light t-shirt, and a house fan! More of same today.

Gym day and the laundry are also on the agenda. Tomorow starts the routine of blood lab, oncology appt. and then my third chemo appt. on Tursday.

Have a good day, people!

Judy
Old April 20th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Admiral

Good morning all.

Partly cloudy and very warm day here in my corner of Fl. Looks like we could be in for some heavy storms later or not.

Trip, you could have Fed Exed me some stuffing, but I guess there is none left. Enjoy your day off.

Take care everyone.

Phyll
Old April 20th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Admiral

Good Morning/Afternoon Cruisemates!
I got up early and went to Indy for PT. I got d/s's MRI rescheduled for Thursday when I go back to PT. That way we can kill 2 birds with one stone. Spent nearly an hour being worked on today, I think we're making progress.
I intend to spend the rest of the day cleaning and getting the house in order, as I have things planned nearly everyday until the inlaws arrive on Friday.

This morning was cold miserable and drizzly. As soon as I close to home, the rain stopped, the clouds cleared and the sun came out. It is chilly around 48 degrees. I stopped at my way home and picked up some sushi. It hit the spot. Well I better get my rear in gear and get my work here done. take care everyone!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 20th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon! Am a bit late with my post because I had an early start. Have a lot of trouble sleeping at night -- guess it's age. Went to bed at ten and the last time I remember looking at the clock it said 3:40 am dark time.

But I was up at 6:30 to take the car into town to have the dash fan replaced. I took one of my books and caught a lift to the Animal Adoption Center where I ensconced myself in a chair in the office, surrounded myself with furry critters, opened up my book and promptly fell asleep for an hour and a half.

Hope to have a more normal schedule tomorrow.

Also hope everyone had a great day and of course, those on the list were in our prayers along with a request for abundant Blessings upon you all.

Todd