Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Default Good Sunday Morn

Slept in a bit later than I normally do and awoke to gorgeous sun streaming in through the windows. It'll be a beautiful day here today with a high in the mid eighties. As has everyone else it seems, we pretty much have gone from Winter to Summer with but a brief stop at Spring.

One of my favorite races is this afternoon as the boys are down at Talladega, Alabama where it'll "bumper to bumper, door handle to door handle." It's similar to your inching along on a clogged major metropolitan four lane....but at around 200 mph.

A very simple one pot comfort meal today; actually pretty much a repeat of St. Patrick's Day. A close friend was out of town on that day and missed having her's so will dine with us on: Fran's to-die-for French Onion soup with toasted crouton and a thick slice of Provolone toasted beneath the broiler, Corned Beef with boiled potatoes, steamed cabbage dressed with butter, southern yeast rolls and for dessert, hot apple turnovers topped with a dollop of ice cream.

Prayers continue for Judy, Delt and her Mum and sister, Luanne and Jim and all others needing them along with a fervent prayer for Blessings on all.

Todd
Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Captain

It is another beautiful day in Ohio. I am sitting in a hotel in Columbus while D/H is on the golf course. We checked in here around midnight and have a check out of 2pm then we head to Dayton, Ohio. We will stop along the way for an early dinner just don't know where yet. I am hoping for Outback since I have a gift card from there and we do not have one near us at home.

Todd, I will not be able to watch the race today but have my Sirus radio and will listen to as much as I can. It should be a good one. Only hope the bow-ties finish in the top spots! Sounds like yesterdays race was a wild one toward the end. Kenseth on his top! Ouch!! He walked away fine thank goodness.

I too am passing prayers on the Delft, her mom, her sister, LuAnne & Jim, and all those in need. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 26th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CruiseMates!
Todd, Fran's one pot meals sure look like they are more than one pot, ! Sounds delicious as usual.

Well the Belgian invasion occurred on Friday Evening. About the time baseball practice ended the inlaws arrived at the park. We formed a caravan and drove home. We've had a very nice visit. Everyone is enjoying each other's company. Yesterday was d/s's birthday. My baby is 9 years old now. Who'd a thunk it?
Today I need to make a trek to the store for a few minor items. It should be a nice windy, sunny day. It might rain a little tomorrow night and Tuesday morning when they leave.

The inlaws are staying out in the fifth wheel. Oma refers to it as her "Villa" the only problem with the Villa was that the either battery had gone bad, or the converter is overcharging it for some reason. I found this out Friday afternoon before they arrived, I kept smelling something acrid and stinky (thought maybe I needed to dump the black tank ) so I finally opened the battery compartment to find a battery with smoke and boiling acid coming out of the top. So rather than dealing with that right away I disconnected the terminals and taped off the wires to deal with at a later date, when my plate isn't quite so full. Also the hot water heater wouldn't work. I finally figured out the is a small unmarked access panel under the steps and the factory had bypassed the water heater. so finally last night I figured that out and got it running, so they inlaws can shower out there this morning.
Well I hope everyone is well today. Prayers to Delft, her Sis and Mom, Judy, Luanne and all of you with unspoken needs. Take care and have a great Sunday!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 26th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where I slept in late out of sheer exhaustion!

Yesterday I raked, pruned, picked up lawn garbage outdoors, then scrubbed the remnants of wallpaper sticky goo off one of the cruise room walls, in preparation for painting.
Took a break to go out for dinner (a 25th Anniversary Surprise Party for friends) then when we got home at 9:30 I started painting the primer on all the trim, edges and corners.
I was quite enjoying myself until my muscles seized up and I could do no more!
Today I will take a break from painting; I don't think I could lift a paintbrush or roller if I tried!

However, the housework still remains, there's still laundry and vacuming to do, but once that's done, I plan to plant myself in a lawn chair and enjoy the lovely sunshine. It is not as hot as yesterday (we broke a record with 27C or 80F!!) but it's still better than winter!

Todd, as usual, I wish I were coming to your house for dinner!
BW, enjoy the in-laws.

donna
Old April 26th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Admiral

Default Good Sunday Morn

Good morning from a very sunny Southern California, also from a cute little tiger kitten lookin' in the window!

I had Donna's exhaustion problem yesterday. I took myself on a shopping and lunch excursion to Pasadena, and I guess I overdid, or it was too soon after the chemo. My brain said, "Keep going." My body said, "Are you kidding?" Never did get my energy back. Had a small supper and went to bed over tired and couldn't sleep.

Today I'll cool it with the Sunday paper and the crossword. Everybody have a good Sunday.

Judy
Old April 26th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Admiral

My father passed away Tuesday early a.m., and while not unexpected, the sense of loss is overwhelming. We were there in Flagstaff last Saturday for his 83rd birthday, and 3 days later he was gone.

At least my brother and his two grown sons were able to make it to Flagstaff from Florida while my father was still sitting up, eating, laughing, cracking jokes and enjoying everyone's company, rather than arriving to find him unresponsive and in the process of passing from this life to the next.

I just never stopped being "Daddy's little girl," and I'll miss him forever. Life seems pretty surreal right now, and it's hard to keep track of what day it is, or even to care. I just take comfort in the fact that he lived a long and satisfying life and that my mom and brothers and I were fortunate enough to have him in our lives.
Old April 26th, 2009, 06:05 PM
First Mate

Dear Mates,
It is a somewhat cloudy Sunday here in Colorado. Yesterday the wind blew and blew. Hope last weeks great weather returns soon. We are doing domestic chores today. DH is waiting for my nephew to stop by and help him carry some big things to the curb. Our city is having their annual spring cleanup this week.
Jennifer, we are sorry to hear about your father. I am glad that you got to enjoy his Birthday celebration last weekend. It is hard to understand life's seasons.
Todd, enjoy your races. Fran's soup sounds delicious. Judy...take it easy today. Your shopping sounded like fun though. Beenie...Glad that your visit with the inlaws is going well.
Have a relaxing rest of the day.
jojo
Old April 26th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Admiral

Default Good Sunday Morn

Jennifer, please accept my condolences. It is, indeed, difficult to accept the passing from one life to the next. There's nothing I can do to alleviate your sorrow except to say that your father will be in your heart forever as my father is in mine.

Judy